• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 set to release on November 2nd [S-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retailing for $99.99 SRP, the Collector's Edition includes a 1:43 scale collectible diecast car, a 300-page guide to cars and racing techniques, a GT-branded key chain, a voucher for five (5) DLC cars, and a numbered certificate of authenticity, all housed in stylish, premium packaging.

Collector's Edition Content Details:

Gran Turismo® 5 game

Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery designed by Polyphony Digital, produced by well-known collectible car maker Kyosho

In-depth 300-page car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital, covering everything from the history of the modern automobile to driving techniques and game reference material

Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain

Voucher for five (5) exclusive high-end cars with custom Gran Turismo livery and performance upgrades

Numbered certificate of authenticity

Custom collector’s packaging

mvt8k7.jpg

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5232.html

HD trailer

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d5229.html

Day/night transition

http://www.gtplanet.net/first-gran-turismo-5-daynight-transition-video-gtplanet-exclusive/

Various gameplay videos including Rome an Day/Night transitions

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_more_gran_turismo_5-9526_en.html

alba

Little is the new Big
GT5 > all. Amazing trailer, Amazing music, Amazing damage and rollovers and so on... god so good. Night time rally :O

Wax Free Vanilla said:
missed it.

read about vettel on another forum

was it the redbull f1 car in the trailer?

No, they didn't actually show why Kaz was visiting them (but he did mention on his Twitter that he met them). The trailer was amazing though. Night rally racing, cars flipping and crazy ass looking course.

alba

Little is the new Big
SolidSnakex said:
They actually topped that 458 trailer. That was just insane.

I'm absolutely blown away by it. Anyone know the name of the song? I must have it :O

Goldrusher

Sebastian Vettel does voices.

Adrian Newey helped with stuff too.

And The Stig is in.

Also, it's "November 2 for North America and Latin America".

What this means for other regions...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
no stage demo? :(

better have a floor presence, i want rally gameplay

dalin80

Banned
Of all the drivers and teams they had to pick the douchebag kings :-(

But on the other hand they have given a release date which is good i suppose.

:D

Also headlights switching on = day/night transitions.

Gravijah

not watching the trailer

NOT WATCHING THE TRAILER

NOT WATCHING THE TRAILER

... day 1, I'll be there. And I'll be racing you fuckers online and sucking.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
How awesome was that trailer? SO AWESOME.

If we didn't get a release date I would have smashed my head against a window. Whew.

Niks

Cant wait to watch it on HD!

found it weird they mentioned only a release date for North and South America?

What a fucking disaster. Yeah the trailer was amazing, we got a date and the game looks great, but we still don't know shit about it. Why didn't Kaz come out on stage and go over details? For being their biggest franchise, Sony glossed over it pretty bad.

Nintendo>Sony>>>>>Microsoft

Mush

Why they didn't mention THE REST OF THE FUCKING WORLD in that date baffles me. It probably doesn't mean anything but it's nice to know after all this time IT'S ACTUALLY BEEN RELEASED GODDAMN.

Also, are we sure the appearance of Vettel doesn't mean F1 cars?

Juicy Bob

Once again, there are more questions raised than ones answered.

Nov. 2 release date was only mentioned explicitly for the Americas - what does that mean for the other regions?

Two rally cars racing simultaneously - does this mean that the WRC stuff won't be 'pure' rallying but the same as the rest of the series under the WRC banner?

Did they hint at a livery editor or am I mistaken?

Vettel and Newey - crashing into your teammate and mechanical failures confirmed?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
CrushDance said:
What a fucking disaster. Yeah the trailer was amazing, we got a date and the game looks great, but we still don't know shit about it. Why didn't Kaz come out on stage and go over details? For being their biggest franchise, Sony glossed over it pretty bad.

Nintendo>Sony>>>>>Microsoft
Er, they're doing a separate event for GT5 today or tomorrow, plus a Q and A later this week on just this game.

Mobius 1

That's perhaps the best trailer I've ever seen for a game.

Classy, superbly edited. Great music match. Polyphony knows their audience so well it's frightening.

Az

I was sitting there for two hours just waiting on this. My source was off by a week so it's not too bad. A week before my birthday so great to know finally.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Did I see a street GT-R flipping and damaged in the trailer? So what's the deal with car damage now for GT5?

Frawdder

Hooray for the release date, just waiting on a Europe/Australia date. Hopefully we'll hear something in the events over the course of the expo.

Az

When I saw the car flipping I yelled out "DAMAGE" thinking they are going to show it. But it cut away fuuuu.

Dibbz

My God best trailer ever. Is it uploaded anywhere? I didn't get a good look at the demo, stream was shitty quality but was it improved from before? Collisions looked a lot more realistic.

Angst

Juicy Bob said:
Once again, there are more questions raised than ones answered.

Nov. 2 release date was only mentioned explicitly for the Americas - what does that mean for the other regions?

Two rally cars racing simultaneously - does this mean that the WRC stuff won't be 'pure' rallying but the same as the rest of the series under the WRC banner?

Did they hint at a livery editor or am I mistaken?

Vettel and Newey - crashing into your teammate and mechanical failures confirmed?
About your first question - doesn't matter. Just import it to EU from VG+ (if the EU release is much later, which I doubt). Probably saving the EU release date until Leipzig/Dresden or wherever that EU event is.

we can actually hope for an earlier release in EU! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom