• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae Risky's Revenge Releasing October 4th, 2010

JoeFu

Banned
Got it in my email from the Shantae Fan Club thing

2vamufn.jpg

2 weeks?!?!?!?

Rich!

AniHawk said:

DSi XL is awesome. I didn't upgrade to a DSi, but I upgraded from a lite when the XL came out - and it was worth it for the massive/awesome screens.

edit - goddamnit, you edited out your 'dsi is useless' comment.

Tiktaalik

Nirolak said:
You're supposed to be able to unless something has changed.

I'm not sure if this is actually true. I feel like I would have remembered a statement as bold as this. Was it just some PR person saying they were "examining options" or did they definitively say this?

I currently do have a of a moratorium on DSiWare purchases until Nintendo announces their strategy on the DSiWare and multiple system ownership, but for a game like Shantae I'll put that aside. Games like this need to be supported.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
They haven't said you'd be able to get DSiware on 3DS.

They just said it should have it's own download service.

Gameboy415

YES! FINALLY!

...but if I download it on my DSi I won't be able to copy it to my future DSiXL/3DS.
Why must you torment me, Nintendo!? *shakes fist*

OnPoint

According to him in one of the OT threads he has like 400+ people on ignore. Maybe he just hasn't seen it, but maybe he can't.

yes I know it doesn't work that way

No_Style

I've been waiting for a special game to spend my free DSiWare points on. It shall be this.

How much is it going to be?

bon

dallow_bg said:
They haven't said you'd be able to get DSiware on 3DS.

They just said it should have it's own download service.
Didn't they say 3DS will be backwards compatible with DSi games? That implies that it can play DSiWare, unless they were just talking about, like, Foto Showdown.

ANYWAY this is good news. My DSi is ready.

Boney

Banned
OnPoint said:
According to him in one of the OT threads he has like 400+ people on ignore. Maybe he just hasn't seen it, but maybe he can't.

yes I know it doesn't work that way
jesus that's a lot of people on ignore

Aeana

I wonder if it's still episodic. And if so, I wonder if episode 1 will be super short.

It'll be pretty crappy to wait a year past the original release window for an hour or two of game.

FoneBone

Nirolak said:
You're supposed to be able to unless something has changed.
While I'm pretty sure that will be the case, I'm also 99% sure that there has yet to be any confirmation of that.

A Shantae sequel that's actually going to hit release? Is this the end of an era? :lol

This will probably be my first purchase on the 3DS, assuming the shop is still compatible (no reason for it not to be). It's a shame I'll have to wait until then.

It's releasing in less than two weeks, after near-total radio silence from WayForward since that one low-framerate trailer? Didn't see that coming.

Top Bottom