• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae Risky's Revenge Releasing October 4th, 2010

celebi23

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'll try and have it colored before I leave for work tomorrow morning. Going from CS1 to CS5 is a pretty big jump, one good thing to come from my job. :X

Amazing image :D Yeah, CS5 is pretty amazing :lol I get to use it in my Web Design classes :D

Volcynika said:
:O at that image TToB. Nice!

SalsaShark said:
Great stuff TTOB

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Great work!

I'm looking WayForward to the OT! :D *stupid pun, I know* :p

celebi23 said:
Amazing image :D

Sorry, I forgot my manners last night. Thanks folks!

celebi23 said:
Yeah, CS5 is pretty amazing :lol I get to use it in my Web Design classes :D

What did they do to the Wand?! D:

Colored version will be up later today after I figure out the newfangled changes they made. I used to just select the Wand using W and then select a color range I wanted to isolate. Any tips on how to do that in CS5?

Sega

I'm pumped for this too, but I only have a regular DS, and I don't know yet how 3DS handles the display of DS/DSi games resolution-wise. I don't like my pixel art blurry, and tiny's not that appealing either. I also have a feeling there's going to be a 3DS version later. Anyway, point is, I hope my situation is such that things work well enough for me to buy it. Hell, I may just pay for it to support this kind of work. I've done that in the past for games on consoles I didn't even own. I just would also like my play experience to be optimal, and there's no way I'm buying a DSi in addition to a 3DS.

Roto13

Sega said:
I'm pumped for this too, but I only have a regular DS, and I don't know yet how 3DS handles the display of DS/DSi games resolution-wise. I don't like my pixel art blurry, and tiny's not that appealing either. I also have a feeling there's going to be a 3DS version later. Anyway, point is, I hope my situation is such that things work well enough for me to buy it. Hell, I may just pay for it to support this kind of work. I've done that in the past for games on consoles I didn't even own. I just would also like my play experience to be optimal, and there's no way I'm buying a DSi in addition to a 3DS.
Chill.

Skilletor

I will buy as soon as I get home.

Had no idea what this was, but the trailer sold me. Sprites 4 Lyfe. Wayforward is awesome.

Jetku

Spent about a half hour with it. It's kind of boring so far. SO much text..for such a throwaway story. Also, I feel that sound effects are missing in many places. It is pretty much silence when having the lengthy conversations.

Battles are boring so far, but hopefully she gains new skills or something. And no, I haven't played the original Shantae.

Aeana

Jetku said:
Spent about a half hour with it. It's kind of boring so far. SO much text..for such a throwaway story. Also, I feel that sound effects are missing in many places. It is pretty much silence when having the lengthy conversations.

Battles are boring so far, but hopefully she gains new skills or something. And no, I haven't played the original Shantae.
Past the intro (after you leave town) there's... not really that much text at all.

As for abilities, buy some magic from the shop.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
My only problem with the game is the terrible map.

It's especially jarring considering I've been playing EO III almost non stop since launch.

Aeana

Man God said:
My only problem with the game is the terrible map.

It's especially jarring considering I've been playing EO III almost non stop since launch.
At least it has a map, unlike the original game. But yeah, it's not that good, I guess. I can't say it's bothered me yet, though.

Wow, this game is truly great to play, I honestly never thought I'd be playing a sequel to Shantae, especially one that is this well made! The music and artwork is great and it controls like a dream. Just got a little past the intro part. :D :D

Where's the Chuck D(ragona) to my Flavor Flav? Dragona!!! D:

Banner is flatted and texted, will work on building up the colors:

riskyscan300.gif

Need to tweak the embossing on Shantae at that size. Looks like poop reduced. :(

Aeana

That looks really wonderful, TToB!

But I fear everyone will be done with the game by the time you get the thread up. (._. )

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Aeana said:
That looks really wonderful, TToB!

But I fear everyone will be done with the game by the time you get the thread up. (._. )

Don't worry! A lot of us don't even have DSis yet and won't until the 3DS drops!

(._. )

Oh fudge!

Getting ready to get to sleep and got notice on unterGAF that I'll be flying the OT solo.

Sorry for the delay. Now that I know, I'll work on getting the OT online first thing tomorrow morning.

POOOOP!

Thank you for your patience. D:

Now, bed before my head assplode.

Spike

Today is a painfully hard day for me. :(

Way back when the first Shantae game came out, I was on here spouting out about how awesome it was. That, and Toki Tori. I got alot of GAFfers to try the game out.

Here we are, so many years later, and I cannot afford a DSi or XL to play this. Heck, I won't even be able to afford a 3DS, either. So, as much as it pains me, I'm going to pretend this game and this thread doesn't exist.

Sadness ensues... :(

Top Bottom