• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae Risky's Revenge Releasing October 4th, 2010

VideoMan said:
YES!!!

Day -1!

Since nobody's posted it yet, here's the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAw_SfNC9c

Also an awesome remix of the Bandit Town music by Jake Kaufman, the composer of the original Shantae soundtrack (he's doing the soundtrack to Risky's Revenge too of course):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwuMvc8wbC8

Bah, you had me thinking they released a new trailer. We haven't has new screens or videos since the original announcement. Don't Wayforward want people to see their game?

Noshino

Sometimes I wonder what a big budget WayForward game would be like :C

Anyway, this looks awesome, can't never go wrong with Shantae :lol

Slermy

w00t!

DSi purchase justified.

I should celebrate by going back and finishing the GBC one, I was pretty far.

El Sloth

Banned
Lijik said:
Holy shit! DayOnePerch.jpg

2w5q6ht.jpg

ILikeFeet

Banned
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Day 1.

Too bad the game is going to appear to bomb thanks to all the folks waiting on the 3DS.

they could always port the future games to 3DSWare. or collect them onto cartridge.

bishoptl said:
neither you nor the OP is The Take Out Bandit. I am calling the appropriate authorities

I had to take a nap.

That happens when you get old.

That and the highlight of your week being buying a Swiffer duster and cleaning your house. I better check my pants to make sure my pen0rz is still intact.

Yay! Shantae. :3

ILikeFeet said:
they could always port the future games to 3DSWare. or collect them onto cartridge.

But why would they if this one doesn't sell well? I hope you're right, though. As others have said, DSiWare games will probably work on 3DS anyway. I just hope the developers realize a large portion of the potential audience won't buy it for a long time and plan accordingly.

Boney

Banned
The Take Out Bandit said:
Price is not an issue.

If you have a Shantae player, then you should be playing Shantae, or the terrorists, Capcom, and Kamiya win! ARE YOU AN ENEMY OF GAMING?! >:|
I assure you, I'm not.

Noooo, can't update my DSi to connect to the shop or else my M3i won't work... and that means no DSi homebrew. :(

I guess I'll have to carry out my backup plan, where I get Shantae on my mother's DSi XL. Bigger screen = better anyways.

Why would you do that? said:
I guess I'll have to carry out my backup plan, where I get Shantae on my mother's DSi XL. Bigger screen = better anyways.

An early Mother's Day gift?! :O You're the best son ever! Or daughter. I don't know.

Wallach

Nice. Well... I don't know about the zombie girls but the rest sounds pretty baller.

What the heck does "RET-2-GO" imply? "RET" seems like the worst way to shorten "ready", does it mean something else?

JoeFu

Banned
bishoptl said:
neither you nor the OP is The Take Out Bandit. I am calling the appropriate authorities

:( I didn't even make the thread! I was set up! The main reason I didn't want to make it was because I knew TToB would love to have the honor of doing it.

JoeFu said:
:( I didn't even make the thread! I was set up! The main reason I didn't want to make it was because I knew TToB would love to have the honor of doing it.

Some day I will not be here, it is important for all Shantae soldiers to do their duty and spread the good word!

tetrisgrammaton said:
Ah, yes. It's episodic. Another reason not to care.
Each episode is supposedly 3-4 hours long, according to Nintendo Power's preview from a few issues back.

That's pretty good considering most platformers are shorter in length.

It's supposed to be like Metrovania, I think.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. This will make the DSiWare finally worth it for me since it's been kind of disappointing so far...this and the Cave Story port.

ant1532

Banned
omgomgomgomgomg. as someone who only owns a snes and gbc, im super stoked to fucking get a 3ds. games like this is what i care about.

Forkball

I wondered what happened to this franchise. The original one had sort of a cult following.

Also, somewhat of a slight thread derail, but is DSiWare typically successful? I mean not many people have a DSi compared to the DS, and I would think even fewer would use it's online service.

Forkball said:
I wondered what happened to this franchise. The original one had sort of a cult following.

Also, somewhat of a slight thread derail, but is DSiWare typically successful? I mean not many people have a DSi compared to the DS, and I would think even fewer would use it's online service.
Ironically, the game being a DSiWare is the answer to why this game hadn't had a sequel in a long time.

I remember reading that WayForward had a tough time finding a publisher which is why the GBA one was canceled. Something about retail releases being too expensive and that the first game didn't sell enough to break even.

So that's why they're going with downloads.

I think WayForward should release this game on more platforms like on WiiWare as well as XBLA and PSN, not just DSiWare. I hope DSiWare is enough.

But if not, I'm sure the 3DS is the hope for this game's success, assuming 3DS will have DSiWare.

Yes Boss!

You silly dog, do you know how many people already own DSis?! The small amount of holdouts waiting for 3DS aren't going to affect sales. Plus, 3DS will likely have access to the DSi product.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
The Take Out Bandit said:
Call me crazy, but isn't this potentially the most ambitious DSiWare game released to date? At least here in the US.
Hmm, I think so.

While there are some great games on there, almost all of them are rather small scale.

Dark Void Zero, maybe? That's a pretty great game that wasn't just a puzzle game, but pretty short.

Eric C

If the 3DS can't buy/play DSiware games I'm going to be pissed! Unlikely, but they haven't confirmed it yet.

I just hope it won't look too small on the 3DS's 3 inch 320×240 screen compared to the larger 3.25 inch 256 X 192 DSi screen.

Yes Boss!

Emonga said:
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 3 was a straight-to-DSiWare release, no?
Nah, it was a smaller release alltogether...though a ton of content for the $8 price. Still took quite some hours to 100% but nothing compared to the first two (and fourth, methinks).

Top Bottom