• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D Announced For 3DS (Separate From Revelations)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Capcom has announced Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D for 3DS.

Footage: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/conference2010/3ds/lineupMovHigh.html (It's in here after the Resident Evil Revelations footage.)

Screenshots:

res23i1z.jpg

res3ud01.jpg

res42gsc.jpg

res6yu60.jpg

Sadist

http://capcom-europe.com/blog/category/en

Set in the Resident Evil universe, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will deliver relentless action with players competing against the clock to defeat as many enemies as possible in a fixed time. Featuring Mercenaries missions from Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, now fully realised in stunning 3D, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will add brand new modes and well known characters from the series to enrich and extend the Mercenaries experience. Furthermore, the title will take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS’ WiFi Connectivity, allowing players from around the world to join forces in co-op gameplay, regardless of location.

resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-1-wii_001.jpg

resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-1-wii_002.jpg

resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-1-wii_003.jpg

resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-1-wii_005.jpg

resident-evil-the-mercenaries-3d-1-wii_004.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sadist said:
Thanks Nirolak

http://oi51.tinypic.com/ieo5kn.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Actually you had the better post, but I don't think I can switch the order. :lol

I was just mass merging everything.

So the two modes from RE4 and 5. More ports.

Is it confirmed that RE:Revelations is like RE 1,2,3? I'd love an RE4/RE5 single-player game for 3DS.

Looks like its a port of the same stages as in RE5, and RE4. Even though im a RE fan i will probarly not get this.

Hixx

Freezie KO said:
So the two modes from RE4 and 5. More ports.

Is it confirmed that RE:Revelations is like RE 1,2,3? I'd love an RE4/RE5 single-player game for 3DS.

The gameplay vids of Revelations from this morning use the over the shoulder perspective so I'd imagine its more RE4 than 1/2/3.

Mako_Drug

So there is no multiplayer in Revelations? Doesn't this sound like they just took what would normally be one product and split it into two?

Unless I missed something the core gameplay in these looks the same. I'm confused =/

Sadist

Mako_Drug said:
So there is no multiplayer in Revelations? Doesn't this sound like they just took what would normally be one product and split it into two?

Unless I missed something the core gameplay in these looks the same. I'm confused =/
It has online co-op

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
starok said:
Why not include it in Revelations?
So you have to pay twice :p

HixxSAFC said:
The gameplay vids of Revelations from this morning use the over the shoulder perspective so I'd imagine its more RE4 than 1/2/3.
It has the RE4 camera but it's rumored to have a stronger horror feel.

Daigoro

as a huge RE fan i must say... milk milk milk.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Fuck off saying it's a "throwaway mode", Mercenaries is arguably the best part of RE4 & 5 :D

DO WANT! :D

as much as enjoyed mercs, id have to say not even close.

mclem

This strikes me as a very interesting title to throw a multiplayer mode into in either Deathmatch or co-op form. Did we get anything online-ey out of the conference?

I can't se myself paying for mercs on it's own like this unless they really really add in a shit ton of unique features.

Also based on RE5? eurgh :( they should have made some more characters and some new environments like the RE1 mansion hallway or something.

Jocchan said:
It has the RE4 camera but it's rumored to have a stronger horror feel.

Hmm. Well, I'll wait on Revelations, but Mercenaries does not look like a buy to me. Enough with the ports. Especially ports of mini-games. I played Mercenaries for about an hour on RE4 and put it aside.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Diablohead said:
I can't se myself paying for mercs on it's own like this unless they really really add in a shit ton of unique features.

Also based on RE5? eurgh :( they should have made some more characters and some new environments like the RE1 mansion hallway or something.
Looks like the missions are ports from both RE4 and RE5.
Anyway, there are new modes supposed to be unveiled, but unless they come up with enough content to justify its price tag (not easy) I guess I'll pass :(

Sectus

God damn fucking damnit. Resident Evil: Mercenaries has always been my dream RE game, but... gah... I want it for other platforms please! I've never found handhelds to be very comfortable to play on. I'm still excited this is being made though.

plasmasd

So Capcom decided to show 2! RE games on the 3DS. craziness. Least this portable has tons of software support.

I strongly approve of this announcement, personally. Expanding Mercenaries into a full(ish) game is one of my gamer pipe dreams. This is easily worth $30 to me and it's perfectly suited to handheld gaming.

Scuba Steve said:

But my wallet am cry, and I don't see myself buying 2 RE games at launch. Unless they plan to release them separately, like Mercenaries at launch and Revelation later when it's done.

RockmanWhore said:
Unless they plan to release them separately, like Mercenaries at launch and Revelation later when it's done.

I can't see them both releasing at the same time, although MGS4 almost went down that route.

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
So the 3DS is getting a RE4/5 type RE and a 1/2/3/CV type RE.

I wonder which one was the PSP game.

No, the 3DS is getting a RE4/5 main game type RE and a RE4/5 minigame type RE.

Sign me up for both! :D

the 3DS games have a very different look to them... I can't put my finger on it.

its like I'm looking at a non-nintendo system All 3rd Party stuff

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks pretty much exactly like a gamecube game. Nice poly levels, muddy textures, good lighting, weird lighting effects.

Daigoro

a real fully fleshed out Mercs game could be awesome. dunno if this is going to be it though. also, handheld.

it would need every single damn character from the RE series though and a crapload of extras, costumes etc.

Goron2000

best junior ever
I might be missing something here but i don't see where it says retail game, maybe it's downloadable. Nintendo haven't said anything about their online services yet, doesn't seem impossible as full games are available on the DSi.

Either way i'm in.

Top Bottom