• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft 3DS line-up screens (Driver, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon Tactics, Dino game)

ILikeFeet

Banned
Via Destructoid

Driver
019-noscale.jpg

020-noscale.jpg

021-noscale.jpg

022-noscale.jpg

023-noscale.jpg

Chaos Theory
012-noscale.jpg

013-noscale.jpg

014-noscale.jpg

015-noscale.jpg

016-noscale.jpg

thanks duckroll!
duckroll said:
Ghost Recon Tactics:

3ds061.jpg

3ds062.jpg

3ds063.jpg

Combat of Giants:

3ds058.jpg

3ds059.jpg

3ds060.jpg

Blablurn

driver reminds me of midtown madness. just based on the graphics.

good to see some 3rd party support. the 3DS looks like a beast at the moment.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Splinter Cell reminds me of when the PSP came out, where we had these dumbed down console games that were just completely unappealing.

I wouldn't want another Splinter Cell game in the vein of Conviction even on consoles/PC though.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Driver doesn't look bad. Splinter Cell screens are a bit awkward.

FoneBone said:
The Driver screens look like bullshots. Not that 3DS can't do that, mind you, but just too AAed and clean.
Yeah.

Pooya

Splinter Cell doesn't look very good and wtf at those conviction style objectives?!! NOOOO

013-noscale.jpg

lighting is totally off! this scene is supposed to be very very dark!!!! I've played this game like 10 times!

Owzers

Dance In My Blood said:
Splinter Cell reminds me of when the PSP came out, where we had these dumbed down console games that were just completely unappealing.

I wouldn't want another Splinter Cell game in the vein of Conviction even on consoles/PC though.

Yup, and it doesn't look very good either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Splinter Cell looks like cash-in garbage.

Driver probably will be cash-in garbage but it visually looks great, really nice bright colourful style to it.

Driver looks badass. I like the art

regarding Splinter Cell:
Those 3D-writings integrated in the surroundings are horrible.
They were a bad idea in "Fringe" and are a bad idea in this game.

duckroll

"The Pimp"

"Enter the bank"

I think Ubisoft is projecting their hopes of their 3DS games being breakaway successes a bit too much.

derFeef

Driver! I lost almost all hopes when I saw the footage of the reboot (lol neon trails). Anyway, style looks nice. This day makes me really want a 3DS - would be my first Nintendo handheld after the GBA.

Reknoc

Well I was pretty excited when I saw Chaos Theory in the title but the screens are rather... eh... Still! I doubt Eidos will port Thief 2 to the 3DS so this is the closest thing to a great stealth game I'll get.

Splinter Cell will be the best launch game if it plays as well as the original, the graphics were never going to be as good as the original version on a handheld.

Ghost Recon though...what is that?

Reknoc said:
Well I was pretty excited when I saw Chaos Theory in the title but the screens are rather... eh... Still! I doubt Eidos will port Thief 2 to the 3DS so this is the closest thing to a great stealth game I'll get.

MGS3?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Driver looks great. Chaos Theory....not so much. Especially if Resident Evil is real-time and not terribly taxing on the system.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
duckroll said:
"The Pimp"

"Enter the bank"

I think Ubisoft is projecting their hopes of their 3DS games being breakaway successes a bit too much.
I'm pretty sure they've had past success by just being in the market at launch on Nintendo platforms. I'd guess that's their strategy here too...just get the games out near/at launch.

:lol :lol at Combat of Giants, im getting a Primal Rage vibe if its just a fighting game.

:( splinter cell 3DS using convictions objectives style.

Driver looks good, if they somehow did a Driver 1+2 3DS remake D:

Takuan said:
Dinosaur game! RAWR!

"never lose your dinosaur" :lol

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Damn... The DS never had much of a strong western 3rd party lineup, but this is fuckawesome. If it's $200 or lower, I might just have to bite...

Not that I expected much better, considering this is Ubisofft we're talking about but Splinter Cell in particular looks awful.

Since when is Driver an Ubisoft property? Anyway, those games all look horrible, but I guess that's to be expected coming out of Ubisoft.

peakish

I really need more information on Ghost Recon: It sure looks low budget enough to maybe get away with some good TBS stuff. I have faith in you, XCom-guy!

Luigiv

miladesn said:
GR looks like a java cellphone game >_>
Probably Started life as a DS game. That being said, it's being made by the same guy who made X-com, and apparently the X-com games were good.

Empty

oh ubisoft. the games look pretty awful, well driver looks good visually but i'm not holding out for its quality.

wrowa

Driver looks bullshotty, Splinter Cell looks like a cheap PS2 port with sub-PS2 graphics and Ghost Recon, well, Ghost Recon is going to be great.

Xav said:
If I were Nintendo I'd ban Ubisoft from making any more games on my systems.

Maybe with the 3DS Nintendo will go back to its initial Quality-Assurance Strategy by putting more pressure on crappy 3rds and their output. Unfortunately in this area, Nintendo had lost its arrogance from the golden 80s and 90s.

But indeed I would love to see the reaction of UBI if Reggie or Iwata would communicate officially the abandonation of their partnership because of differences in terms of developer philosophy and in terms of product strategy^^ :D

Top Bottom