• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica Releasing This Fall, as Downloadable Games

Pooya

Press Release

CAPCOM BRINGS THE AWARD-WINNING RESIDENT EVIL® 4 AND RESIDENT EVIL CODE: VERONICA® X INTO THE HD ERA

San Mateo, CA — March 24, 2011 — To kick off the 15th anniversary of Resident Evil®, Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games today announced that the highly acclaimed Resident Evil® 4 and Resident Evil Code: Veronica® X will be released as downloadable titles for the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Scheduled for release this fall, both titles have been enhanced with upgraded visuals as they make their debut on high-definition consoles.

Resident Evil 4 , which received numerous “Game of the Year” awards when it debuted and currently stands as one of the best-reviewed games of all time with an incredible 96 ranking on MetaCritic, challenges you to experience it all over again with support for trophies and achievements along with the visual upgrades.

As Leon Kennedy, players will explore a town overrun by cultists, mutants and mind-controlled villagers as they unravel the mystery of Resident Evil 4. Also, this release will contain all the bonus content available in previous versions of Resident Evil 4, including the Separate Ways epilogue.

In Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, the year is 1998, three months since the total destruction of Raccoon City and Claire Redfield is still in search of her missing brother Chris. While investigating an Umbrella facility in Paris, Claire is captured and transported to the remote Rockfort Island, where she awaits her death.

Then an inexplicable air raid hits the island, and though this frees Claire, it also accidentally releases t-virus samples and B.O.W.s, which thrust Claire back into the world of survival horror once again. Claire teams up with a fellow inmate Steve Burnside, but insane island commander Alfred Ashford and his evil sister Alexia set their sights on ending the duo with their sick and demented games.

The Resident Evil franchise, which pioneered the horror genre in video games, has sold over 45 million units since 1996 and spawned a series of successful motion pictures that have grossed over $750 million worldwide. The Resident Evil brand has also expanded into action figures, comic books, novels, apparel, beverages and more. As part of the 15th anniversary, Resident Evil fans will get a chance to celebrate the past, present and future of the franchise with exclusive apparel and merchandise, in addition to games like Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Resident Evil®: The Mercenaries, Resident Evil®: Revelations and other surprises.

screens
re4_comparisonscreen1_2ybi.jpg

re4_comparisonscreen2_6a44.jpg

re4_comparisonscreen3_dl6t.jpg

re4_comparisonscreen4_jz11.jpg

re4_comparisonscreen5_hxz8.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
no retail? will only get re:cvx.

Kajiba

Ffffffffuuuuuu. I have no space as is on my 360. Does anybody now what the size in gigs RE4 was on the gamecube?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is much less insulting than releasing them as retail titles. I'm sure they could sell gangbusters at 1200 Allards a pop.

Dambrosi

Banned
Downloadable?! Cool, I guess, but it depends on the pricing. Knowing Capgod, it'll be full price for each one, though, so I'll stick with RE4 Wii.

Unless...will RE4 HD have the Mercenaries mode? Any online play? Move support? Anything else to justify the hefty premium that Capcom WILL charge for HD? Beuller?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Downloadable... fuck...

Lyonaz

So I guess no Move support?

Just port Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles already for Move like the Dead Space one!

Is SD suppose to look like i'm playing a game without wearing my glasses? because those screen comparisons in the OP are rather terrible, the HD versions have no shadows and flat lighting.

thuway

Well the only way to actually get shit done is complain. I am not going to buy unless I see Move Support, Trophies, and some sort of enhanced texture support. What makes this any better than emulating it on PSX2 or Dolphin?

hamchan

Game didn't look that bad did it? I'll probably buy them both. I want to see CV comparison shots.

Also I like achievements/trophies :D

Paznos

Wow they're really putting a lot of effort into this! no retail release? sigh. Guess they are releasing this while they figure out what to do what the series.

snap0212

Move support is something they just have to implement. It's just by far the best way to control Resident Evil games...

RedSwirl

So basically it'll look how we remember it.

Edit: How many of you guys have played RE4 on an HDTV recently? Trust me, it looks nearly that bad.

Don

Those screenshots are terrible.

Look at how low poly the enemies look in that second screenshot.

Edit: Also what the hell is wrong with Krauser's right arm?

miladesn said:
Dear Capcom,

we already knew that the main game cutscenes are running at a higher resolution.
What we actually care about is the "Separate Ways" cutscenes and the ones with the Mafia Costume. Thank you.

HardAct

Neo Member
I know they will rape us as usual on the points pricing for these games. I would love to relive RE4 and CV but not at 1600 points each, maybe I would jump on them both for 1600, but we all know that won't happen. . .

yeah, that's how blurry it looked on gamecube.............

Wtf is that shit? It's like they poored a bucket of gaussian blur over those screens.
Or did the ps2 version look THAT blurry?

Top Bottom