• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey 2 - E3 2011 CG Trailer

Gotta say: Yawn.
I don't know, if you showed me this trailer without any of the titles on it, I'd have no idea what game it was or even really what the game was supposed to be. But then I generally hate CG trailers.

Mik2121

I came here to laugh (I hated the character concept art we got some time ago), but that looked amazing. I mean, yeah, it's CG so it's not how the game's going to look, but if it keeps at least part of the visuals (as someone said, Blade Runner) and a similar gameplay (Assassin's Creed, Brink, etc..) then this can be really fun :D

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Just so I'm understanding this right...

This is completely different from prey 1 right?
Wasn't 1 about a native American dude getting back to his roots defending a alien invasion?

Sober

I dunno, all that platforming and parkour as well as FPSing at the same time it looks like? Rather this be third person in that case.

ezekial45

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
Just so I'm understanding this right...

This is completely different from prey 1 right?
Wasn't 1 about a native American dude getting back to his roots defending a alien invasion?
This is a sequel. Tommy, the main character from the first, shows up in this game.

Khezu

CG trailer or not, that was pretty cool.

I really dig the concept there going for, hope the game turns out good.

Shai-Tan

Banned
i guess you can imagine a universal translator that also spits out regional accents but to me something is off about how they are transposing those voices onto whats supposed to be aliens unless I missed something in the first game from not finishing it

Akainu said:
I know, but there has to be some limit right?
Yeah. With Star Trek, there are practical limitations. With a video game they really don't have any excuse. At least there was a cyberdemon at the end.

big_z

the trailer is cool and the game sounds interesting going by what was said on weekend confirmed and giant bomb. it's basically grand theft bounty hunter on an alien world.

Sober

a Master Ninja said:
Yeah. With Star Trek, there are practical limitations. With a video game they really don't have any excuse. At least there was a cyberdemon at the end.
Humanoid skeleton = copy and paste 50 other bipedal, 2 armed races, add "exotic bits" is probably much less work than making something unique. Could've just cheated and used the Spore Creature creator to do half the work for them and then copy that IMO.

Jerk said:
Where is my gameplay?

That was gameplay, from the Pixar render farm version. It's a small market, but they'll make up for it through PDLC.

Really, that was pointless, but kind of neat as a preview of the potential Prey movie.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
It's like they took they took only the title of the original and based the game around it.
Reminds me of Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. Not so much Prey.

jett

D-Member
That trailer was fucking badass. Who woulda thought this would be the best thing of out GTTV.

Don't understand why they're calling it Prey 2 though.

TheVampire said:
This kinda seems like a spin-off rather than a sequel......
Prey is not some sacred cow franchise so going from mediocre decade out of style FPS to Mirror's Edge meets Blade Runner is brilliant but maybe too risky to pitch as a new franchise so tag a 2 onto some existing property to placate the investors and there you go.

bluestuff

Cool trailer even if I doubt its actually in game/game play

But the big question is why on earth(no pun intended) would you call this prey 2?

2th

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Not Prey but that was still good.

this... how is this linked to the first game at all? Though it looked kind of generic to me. so he has some old west tinstar badge yet he isnt obviously in space dealing with aliens.

Truant

SapientWolf said:
If the game could do that then I don't think they would be showing a CG trailer.

Not necessarily. A trailer like this is a lot easier to sell to a big audience than actual gameplay, especially around E3 times where hundreds of games are fighting for our attention.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jett said:
That trailer was fucking badass. Who woulda thought this would be the best thing of out GTTV.

Don't understand why they're calling it Prey 2 though.

You are a hunter.

Top Bottom