• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apply for Resistance 3 MP Beta, Info

woolley

From Insomniacs Newsletter:
Just in case you’ve been blissfully living underground, we want to remind you that there is a war with the Chimera going on. Would you kindly help us fight them off? All you have to do is fill out this form for the chance to apply to join in on the Resistance 3 Beta, which is starting soon. Those of you randomly chosen to brave the Bullseye bullets and Auger assaults will be treated to a sizable slice of the revitalized Resistance 3 multiplayer weeks before its full release.

If you aren’t among the first recruits given access to the Beta - don’t fret. We will be randomly distributing codes to a select few throughout the duration of the Public Beta. All are welcome to apply, but only some will be chosen for the opportunity to truly resist. Are you one of them?

On when we could expect the beta to begin:
Wanted to give you a head’s up about the Resistance 3 beta, when it’s launching and how you can get access. Starting next week, you may begin to see some of your favorite Insomniacs and others on PSN playing the Resistance 3 Beta. We are launching our Friends and Family beta next week in order to test our servers out before the mad rush of public beta users from SOCOM 4 and EU PlayStation Plus. We will be updating our servers, configs and patching the beta during the course of it to be sure we’re ready for the public beta in August, as well as the release of Resistance 3 on September 6th. We expect to run this Friends and Family beta over the next few weeks.

This is important, as many of you are holding early access vouchers to the public beta from SOCOM 4. The public beta is tentatively scheduled to begin in early August for those who got Early Access vouchers from specially-marked copies of SOCOM 4 in North America and for PlayStation Plus subscribers in SCEE territories.
http://www.insomniacgames.com/update-on-resistance-3-beta/

snap0212

It's no beta signup. It's a signup page for their Newsletter and they'll randomly chose people from that list. Not sure if that makes a difference for anyone, but you're signing up for a Newsletter here... with the chance to participate in the Beta.

Nizz

Thanks for posting this, just signed up. :)

snap0212 said:
It's no beta signup. It's a signup page for their Newsletter and they'll randomly chose people from that list. Not sure if that makes a difference for anyone, but you're signing up for a Newsletter here... with the chance to participate in the Beta.
Yeah, I know. Worth a try though. :)

woolley

snap0212 said:
Not entirely because even if you get the newsletter you still have to fill out the sign up form.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I won a beta code during the IG Community Day Twitter giveaway.

Superior Fersis is superior.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
snap0212 said:

All beta signs ups are generally a chance to participate in the beta, so I don't see what's different about this?

Fersis said:
I won a beta code during the IG Community Day Twitter giveaway.

Superior Fersis is superior.

I have one from Socom 4. We should shoot each other in the face.

iNvid02

i really need to play this to decide if im gonna be getting it this year, the demo and now the psn access bullshit have discouraged me from buying it and waiting till it hits the bargain bin.

Nizz

iNvidious01 said:
i really need to play this to decide if im gonna be getting it this year, the demo and now the psn access bullshit have discouraged me from buying it and waiting till it hits the bargain bin.
Is PSN Access like the EA online pass? New copies of the game you jump online no problem but if you buy used you have to buy a pass? I haven't been keeping up too much on this...

iNvid02

purple cobra said:
Is PSN Access like the EA online pass? New copies of the game you jump online no problem but if you buy used you have to buy a pass? I haven't been keeping up too much on this...

yep, sony are introducing it for first party titles starting with r3

Signed up for the newsletter and hope to get into the beta. Also found out the the Resistance Dual Pack is out now and is only $40. I highly recommend it to anyone interested.

What is with the general lack of hype and discussion of Resistance on GAF? Personally I think Resistance is great. Love the universe. Trumps Killzone in my personal opinion as the first-person franchise on PS3.

Loudninja

ToyMachine228 said:
Signed up for the newsletter and hope to get into the beta. Also found out the the Resistance Dual Pack is out now and is only $40. I highly recommend it to anyone interested.

What is with the general lack of hype and discussion of Resistance on GAF? Personally I think Resistance is great. Love the universe. Trumps Killzone in my personal opinion as the first-person franchise on PS3.
I have no idea, I been trying my best to get a discussion going. :(

Irish

ToyMachine228 said:

Resistance 2... and the fact that there isn't much info out for R3 even though it is so close.

Loudninja

Irish said:
Resistance 2... and the fact that there isn't much info out for R3 even though it is so close.
Hmm don't want to show too much, they will most likely show the objective modes next month, and maybe that last 2 or 3 weapons.But they said they wont be showing off the other several levels.The beta starts next month as well so that should be good.

Irish said:

I thought Resistance 2 was fine. I enjoyed it. And it had Co-Op that everyone went wild for. It's a shame Sony isn't doing more to hype Resistance 3. But with Killzone being Sony's baby now and Insomniac going third party it kind of makes sense. Sad though because I love the Resistance universe.

Loudninja

ToyMachine228 said:
I thought Resistance 2 was fine. I enjoyed it. And it had Co-Op that everyone went wild for. It's a shame Sony isn't doing more to hype Resistance 3. But with Killzone being Sony's baby now and Insomniac going third party it kind of makes sense. Sad though because I love the Resistance universe.
Huh? we have a billboard of R3 in Battle LA,a demo with the movie, lot of bundles, dev dairies and a community day.Also the upcoming beta in August,not to mention the game will be at gamescon as well.

Loudninja said:
Huh? we have a billboard of R3 in Battle LA,a demo with the movie, lot of bundles, dev dairies and a community day.Also the upcoming beta in August,not to mention the game will be at gamescon as well.

Well, judging from the lack of discussion on the biggest gaming forum on the interweb, they aren't doing enough. Haha.

Massa

ToyMachine228 said:
Well, judging from the lack of discussion on the biggest gaming forum on the interweb, they aren't doing enough. Haha.

Not really the biggest, quality over quantity is the rule here. There are several smaller games I'm into where I have to go to other forums to find a relevant discussion or have a question answered.

On the topic of Resistance 3, just yesterday I watched the E3 demo on my TV and it looks gorgeous. Better than the Uncharted 3 multiplayer imo.

Look, if people believe Resistance 3 is going to be a 4-5mil seller and light a fire in the FPS genre, it's simply not going to happen. It's going to be well reviewed, it will have some really excellent multiplayer, and people who are fans of the series are going to love the shit out of it. Take Resistance for what it is: a very good FPS that filled the void during PS3's launch lineup but has really not ever been able to compete with the big boys.

Do I hope Insomniac can prove me wrong? Absolutely, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Loudninja

24FrameDaVinci said:
Look, if people believe Resistance 3 is going to be a 4-5mil seller and light a fire in the FPS genre, it's simply not going to happen. It's going to be well reviewed, it will have some really excellent multiplayer, and people who are fans of the series are going to love the shit out of it. Take Resistance for what it is: a very good FPS that filled the void during PS3's launch lineup but has really not ever been able to compete with the big boys.

Do I hope Insomniac can prove me wrong? Absolutely, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Ah you sure about that? both games sold well.Also why is 4 to 5 million the goal post now?

ToyMachine228 said:
That does not mean much.

Loudninja said:
Ah you should about that? both games sold well.
I'm guessing you mean "sure", and yes, I am. Resistance 2 sold only about half the copies as Resistance 1. Now, unless Resistance 3 seriously blows people away, I'd expect roughly the same, possibly less #'s for it. And so ya know I'm not trolling, I have both 1 + 2 (can check my account for trophies). One was fantastic, brilliant story, but never finished 2.

Loudninja

24FrameDaVinci said:
I'm guessing you mean "sure", and yes, I am. Resistance 2 sold only about half the copies as Resistance 1. Now, unless Resistance 3 seriously blows people away, I'd expect roughly the same, possibly less #'s for it. And so ya know I'm not trolling, I have both 1 + 2 (can check my account for trophies). One was fantastic, brilliant story, but never finished 2.
Ha sorry abotu that its 1am here, R3 will do well Insomniac games sell over time, and they did just release the Dual Pack.I know you not trolling so no worries there :)

Loudninja said:
Hmm don't want to show too much, they will most likely show the objective modes next month, and maybe that last 2 or 3 weapons.But they said they wont be showing off the other several levels.The beta starts next month as well so that should be good.

The game is coming out when? September? It can benefit from showing more SP levels and more diverse gameplay as well as giving people much more playing time with the MP.

Radec

24FrameDaVinci said:

can you hear them?..

they're calling to us..

its beautiful..

..this is just the beginning.

Loudninja

ProfessorMoran said:
The game is coming out when? September? It can benefit from showing more SP levels and more diverse gameplay as well as giving people much more playing time with the MP.
They already show plenty of the single player.

Radec said:
can you hear them?..

they're calling to us..

its beautiful..

..this is just the beginning.
Heh yeah things get worst get worst.

Irish

Now, this was an accident, but a few GAFfers have managed to get in already by using their Socom codes. It's not supposed to be up yet for us, and some couldn't even use their codes, but there are a few who could. Try them and see if it works for you.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Irish said:
Now, this was an accident, but a few GAFfers have managed to get in already by using their Socom codes. It's not supposed to be up yet for us, and some couldn't even use their codes, but there are a few who could. Try them and see if it works for you.
My code doesn't seem to be working yet. Lame.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Irish said:

I was like 10 minutes late into the party :(

Top Bottom