• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apply for Resistance 3 MP Beta, Info

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
jstevenson said:
*guards the velvet rope*

*Jumps over rope

z80Ux.jpg

uNF uNF uNF

:)

Irish said:
Now, this was an accident, but a few GAFfers have managed to get in already by using their Socom codes. It's not supposed to be up yet for us, and some couldn't even use their codes, but there are a few who could. Try them and see if it works for you.
You know what to do!

madmackem

netguy503 said:
Beta code wait list time....

Me and Shagg are number 1 and 2.

Official Neogaf R3 Beta code share/wait list:

1.shagg_187
2. Netguy503

Can i get in on this list, rs1 was my most played game for a very very long time on ps3.

netguy503

madmackem said:
Can i get in on this list, rs1 was my most played game for a very very long time on ps3.

Updated. Anyone else I'll just continue updating my original post or please quote my post and add your name in order to it. Thanks.

netguy503

Someone on blu-ray.com forums said they got into this AND the Ratchet Beta today. Is the Ratchet game already in beta? That's a game I REALLY want to play.

zlatko

Banned
netguy503 said:

1.shagg_187
2. Netguy503
3.madmackem
4. zlatko

Definitely would love to be a part of this. :)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
netguy503 said:
Someone on blu-ray.com forums said they got into this AND the Ratchet Beta today. Is the Ratchet game already in beta? That's a game I REALLY want to play.

there is a very small online test going on for that game, but it's extremely barebones and a portion of the first level. really just to help us refine our MP code, not to necessarily give you a good cross-section of the gunplay (for instance, there is only one weapon)

I'm super excited for R3! Loved the original and it was the only game I had way back at launch. The sequel was somewhat of a disappointment, but I enjoyed the campaign for what it was and the very nice co-op. From what I've seen of Resistance 3, it's hitting all the marks of what I want in a new Resistance game. The campaign looks very atmospheric, the weapons look weighty and unique, and the Chimera react well both intelligently and from taking damage.

I love that they've scaled the multiplayer back to a more focused and intimate 8 vs. 8 and smaller. I felt R2's multiplayer was far too bloated with way too much stuff going on and not enough focus. Bigger doesn't always equal better, and R2 definitely suffered from too much going on in my opinion. From what I've seen of R3 though, I'm definitely pumped to get back into Resistance multiplayer. I want to see the objective gametypes, hopefully Insomniac has some unique ones up their sleeves.

Anyway, I hope there's some alternate ways to get into the beta for those of us who didn't pick up Socom 4 and aren't members of PS+. Maybe I'll have to try and get my hands on one of the inevitable codes given to the press.

pelican

I got to say I quite like how Sony are using the UK's Playstation Plus service as a nice easy way to take part in Betas.

A nice added benefit.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
zlatko said:
Stevenson should just the few of us lurking/posting in here into the beta so we can start giving him feedback. :)

Give us a couple days to get the first patch in place and make sure it's runnin smooth.

zlatko

Banned
jstevenson said:
Give us a couple days to get the first patch in place and make sure it's runnin smooth.

I like the cut of your jib. ;)

I know I've asked this 9000 times, but are you guys using dedicated servers for Resistance 3 like 1 and 2? :(

madmackem

jstevenson said:

Are you thinking about releasing old maps from rs 1+2?. There were some amazing maps on rs1 i would love to replay.

demolitio

My code from SOCOM 4 just isn't good enough I guess. Hell, I couldn't even get on S4 online today due to the server load from the patch so I guess I should say my SOCOM 4 isn't good enough either. :D

jstevenson said:

I'd definitely love seeing access to the Resistance 3 beta head my way sometime in the next few weeks, but I'm not expecting anything. I've definitely been enjoying the Uncharted 3 beta and transitioning from it to the R3 beta would be awesome. :D

This, U3, and Twisted Metal are all going to be my big multiplayer games this fall and winter, with maybe some Halo: Reach / Gears 3 on the side.

Does anyone know what game modes are going to be in the online beta for R3? I loved playing co-op on the R2 beta, basically sold the game for me.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
@ S Stevenson, can I get in the R3 beta for having a Platinum in R2? 10k kills, you know how long that takes :(

1.shagg_187
2. Netguy503
3.madmackem
4. zlatko
5. Meisadragon

peetfeet

netguy503 said:

1.shagg_187
2. Netguy503
3.madmackem

Can someone not add me to this list that doesn't exist please!

i don't have plus or socom. But i do have a Shitty mobile phone where multi quoting is a nightmare!

iratA

Signing up to the newsletter won't do shit for me because its US PSN accounts only. Is there a way for us die hard EU fans to get in on this Beta? I've got my shiny R2 Plat to prove my worthiness. :)

Cornbread78

peetfeet said:
Can someone not add me to this list that doesn't exist please!

i don't have plus or socom. But i do have a Shitty mobile phone where multi quoting is a nightmare!

LOL, meeee too, lol

I already subscribe to their newsletter, but I used the link as well. Pretty Please and THANK U!

netguy503

1.shagg_187
2. Netguy503
3.madmackem
4. zlatko
5. Meisadragon
6. peetfeet
7. Thrakier
8. Cornbread78

List updated. But please quote this post and add yourself if you can as I have to go to work now and will not be monitoring this thread for quite awhile.

Zoibie

netguy503 said:

1.shagg_187
2. Netguy503
3.madmackem
4. zlatko
5. Meisadragon
6. peetfeet
7. Thrakier
8. Cornbread78
9. Zoibie

How frequently will the weapon lab videos be put out?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
iratA said:
Signing up to the newsletter won't do shit for me because its US PSN accounts only. Is there a way for us die hard EU fans to get in on this Beta? I've got my shiny R2 Plat to prove my worthiness. :)

Just create a US PSN account. Bam.

netguy503 said:

1.shagg_187
2. Netguy503
3.madmackem
4. zlatko
5. Meisadragon
6. peetfeet
7. Thrakier
8. Cornbread78

List updated. But please quote this post and add yourself if you can as I have to go to work now and will not be monitoring this thread for quite awhile.

I just redeemed my socom code it works!! dont need the list anymore thanks!

Zoibie

netguy503 said:

1.shagg_187
2. Netguy503
3.madmackem
4. zlatko
5. Meisadragon
6. peetfeet
7. Thrakier
8. Cornbread78
9. Zoibie
10. Nightz

Updated list.

netguy503 said:

1.shagg_187
2. Netguy503
3.madmackem
4. zlatko
5. Meisadragon
6. peetfeet
7. Thrakier
8. Cornbread78
9. Zoibie
10. Nightz
11. UpJTboogie
Added.

Top Bottom