• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 Multiplayer Trailer

Proficiencies are gonna be tight. Two attachments without using a perk? Hell yeah!

It's cool that your pointstreak doesn't reset upon death with the Support package. I'll probably be rocking that.

Looks like the leaked perk list is confirmed. It seemed good, too.

Awesome trailer!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
The trailer looked great. If it wasn't COD I would be excited but when I think about this same old feeling when numbers go to 0 before the beginning of the match I lose all interest.

see5harp

You know it doesn't really look bad at all but I can't tell whether they've added anything new. Is this THE definitive COD multiplayer experience?

Looks.... exactly the same?

I'll play it, cause it's what half my friends list will be playing, but I doubt I'll actually put much time into it aside from that.

Spec Ops on the other hand...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
NBtoaster said:
Nice music. Hans Zimmer?

How on Earth can you say that is slow lol.

Trailer Music. Lemme check my collection if i can find this track.

Sethos said:
Plenty o' dislikes

I'd almost think the internet backlash is going to hurt COD this time around.

But who am I kidding, the internet hated Black Ops and it sold 25 million

As for the trailer, zzzz, underwhelming COD graphics.

The funny thing is I distinctly remember when Modern Warfare came out it made it's name as a graphical powerhouse. Just shows that graphics have advanced this gen.

PerZona

Oh wow at the number of dislikes. And that trailer is kinda bad, it's like I'm seeing a new map pack trailer for MW2. Same graphics, same gameplay, same everything. Not that it's bad though...

zlatko

Banned
I'll just repost my thoughts from the other thread--------

That trailer was a perfect representation of CoD:

Run around lone wolf like a chicken with his head cut off, while you get killed by campers. Tons of stupid shit going on around you as well.

That said I liked the trailer, and I want the MP deets themselves so I can see what they are doing under the hood here to possibly lure me in again. I'm not running out to pre order MW3, and my purchase will probably all boil down to how happy I am with BF3, to want to venture out and grab another FPS this year.

The thing with Call of Duty is that people who love it will buy this. They have invested their time on it and expect the same gameplay with newer abilities.

People love the gameplay and see no reason not to buy it, no matter how much garbage they add on top of the gameplay.

I asked my Call of Duty loving friend if he's going to buy Battlefield 3, and he said "It looks good but I'll stick to Call of Duty because it's.... Call of Duty, and Battlefield isn't Call of Duty."

With series like Counterstrike, it's the opposite: no matter how many CS Valve will release, people will stick to 1.6 cause it's CS 1.6! It's perfect the way it is and anything else will ruin it.

Wow. I'm putting my money down that this COD will finally be the one that switches up the COD franchise for the better & for all eternity.

FGMPR

Banned
see5harp said:
You know it doesn't really look bad at all but I can't tell whether they've added anything new at all. Is this THE definitive COD multiplayer experience?

The PC version of CoD 2 is the definitive CoD MP experience.

So... He's just running straight with the other team standing still in places. Good thing the sniper got him 3 times or he will just get stuck at the end of the map.

Console version?

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Trailer didn't really get me hyped.
Won't stop me being there from day 1.. but meh trailer.

shagg_187 said:
People love the gameplay and see no reason not to buy it, no matter how much garbage they add on top of the gameplay.

MW3 is going to scale down the garbage. No OMA, no Commando, no infinite sprint, less-deadly explosives, scaled-down air support, etc...

wwm0nkey

The Xtortionist said:
MW3 is going to scale down the garbage. No OMA, no Commando, no infinite sprint, less-deadly explosives, scaled-down air support, etc...
Honestly it looked like they added more garbage rather than remove it from what I am seeing :/

see5harp

black_vegeta said:
You have to pay for that.

I still really don't understand what Elite does besides give you all of the map packs and some extra stuff on the web portal. I'm not even trying to be negative because I understand the appeal of the gameplay and generally solid online modes. I want to root for Battlefield 3 too but not enough to dislike a trailer that showed what the game actually looks like.

NinjaBoiX

jediyoshi said:
Oddly cut trailer, footage itself looks fine.
Yeah, the content they showed looks pretty good, just the trailer itself was pretty poorly put together. A little dull in all honesty.

I predict everyone in this thread will either buy it or play it at some point. You can't resist. It's like a drug that you know it's bad for you, but you keep coming back.

-NinjaBoiX- said:
Yeah, the content they showed looks pretty good, just the trailer itself was pretty poorly put together. A little dull in all honesty.

But c'mon. The first three guys get quickscoped, and then the last guy gets revenge with his own quickscope!

*sigh* quickscoping...

The Xtortionist said:

Yeah but while removing, they added more.

The quick sniper scope kill is still there, as confirmed by the trailer. The air support is still looks on the same scale but the addition of anti-air is a good change. Also, turrets are more powerful as it now intercepts rocket. The heart beat sensor and all the added garbage still exists, and now they added other gadgets like more mines, and garbage like that glowing dogtag or what not.

Anything than enhances gameplay and punish newcomers is garbage in my eyes.

You remove garbage, add more garbage and people will still love it cause the core gameplay is fantastic.

Raide

johnFkennedy said:
If it makes those people happy then how could does it negatively affect you in any way?

The more popular CoD gets, the more Developers look at it and go "Yeah, lets make games like that" WoW had the same effect on MMO's...or maybe not. :D

wwm0nkey

TacticalFox88 said:
I predict everyone in this thread will either buy it or play it at some point. You can't resist. It's like a drug that you know it's bad for you, but you keep coming back.
ummmm not really....

Spookie said:
Looks like more of the same. But people keep buying Madden so who am I to judge. :s

Well, you've got new weapons, new perks, new attachments, proficiencies, an overhauled killstreak/pointstreak system and suite of new maps, and that's just multiplayer. Obviously the core gameplay isn't going to change...why change what's already perfect (or as close to perfect as you can get)?
The quick sniper scope kill is still there, as confirmed by the trailer. The air support is still looks on the same scale but the addition of anti-air is a good change. Also, turrets are more powerful as it now intercepts rocket. The heart beat sensor and all the added garbage still exists, and now they added other gadgets like more mines, and garbage like that glowing dogtag or what not.

Quick-scoping is a non-issue and if you get quick-scoped, chances are your opponent is good enough to kill you with any other weapon. Heartbeat sensor is garbage; it tricks bad players into staring at it and thus kills all situational awareness. Though you can just slap on Assassin if it really bothers you. Bouncing Betties won't be a huge issue (considering claymores aren't) and I bet you can go prone to dodge it. The dogtag is also a gametype-specific thing; don't like it, don't play it.

Top Bottom