• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Extra |OT| of Unlimited Saber Works

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
iJaRNRnknPHOX.png

ibtE8nMn9N4UpR.png
10/25/2011 Official Website Up: http://www.fate-extra.com/[/B]

iQzz3eWl8Pkd9.png
The world is set in a school called Tsukumihara Academy, a fictional place existing with an artificial environment called the Moon Cell.
There, the Moon Cell orchestrates a replication of the Holy Grail War using a system called Serial Phantasm or SE.RA.PH, which handles
the summoning of Servants. Servant data is taken from the Automaton, a spiritual computer system built on the lunar surface by a
pre-human civilization and discovered by humans in the year 2032. The Automaton has monitored and recorded all occurrences on
the Earth (including the activities of human heroes) since time immemorial.

Each of the 128 participants in the war must duel the other Masters in a place called the Arena, where failure results in deletion from both
the real and digital worlds. When only one remains, the "Holy Grail" shall grant the victor's wish.​

jGTBWnAHIsj7Z.png
iFoIvUyjTjElU.png
iEbqOo4SdK0xD.png
Waking up in a strange virtual world with no recollection of the past, the main character finds themselves forced to fight for survival
in a war they do not understand for a prize beyond value; the opportunity to have one’s wish granted. With only an enigmatic “Servant”
by their side, the protagonist will have to face both friends and foes in battles to the death in order to not only gain possession of a
mysterious object known as the “Holy Grail,” but also to find the answer to the most important question of all: “Who am I?”​
ibvKxe85hOqPPl.png

ib24it7Q4ISCzI.png
(Easy) Saber is one of the seven normal Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War.
Servants placed within this class are agile and powerful melee warriors and it is commonly
assumed to be the best class overall, with high ratings in all categories. It is one of the three Knight classes,
together with Lancer and Archer, and also possesses the Riding skill like the Rider class.​

ijKCFwzKZ48ya.png
(Normal) Archer is one of the seven normal Servant classes in the Heaven's Feel ritual. Servants placed
within this class are usually proficient with projectiles and could survive longer without a Master nearby,
thanks to their special ability Independent Action.
They also tend to have many more Noble Phantasms at their disposal than other classes.
It is one of the three Knight classes, together with Lancer and Saber.​

ilvGcOEjHQStF.png
(Hard) Caster is one of the seven normal Servant classes summoned for the Holy Grail War.
The Witchcraft that Caster uses is all physical phenomena performed with her own body.
While common Magecraft are programs that "recomposes what exists around", Witchcraft
are programs that "recomposes the raw materials in one's own body".​

ibmAY6hdOhmIl5.png
iWjQiil4FZcQZ.jpg
i6l8arK4BQi4J.jpg
Exploring is done in the school and inside a virtual place called Serial Phantasm or SE.RA.PH, which can be accessed using the Moon Cell.
In the SE.RA.PH, monsters are abundant in the place and the battle takes place when the player encounters one of them.

iopj3wt9hHW7Z.jpg
ibfm2fXNIMLiLT.jpg
Battle is done through 6 offensive and defensive moves, depending on the Master and Servant's advantage.​

ibtos6S1cdkkJV.png
iborvAdDVQdX48.jpg
iqxSeda3XH5uB.jpg

i6l8arK4BQi4J.jpg
ibbiSFXIwQ8Bm2.jpg

inkmUsetK71l8.jpg
idrRmtP3Hnm4I.jpg

itoKrM2fKFi9c.png

The game will be available in stores and on PSN November 1, 2011!​
ivRCfnO9ePrF2.png
The Limited Edition comes with Fate/Visual book and a Fate/Extra Soundtrack CD!
GameStop.com Only Pre-Order Bonus Fate/the Fact 20 page booklet!:
eYpEN.jpg

The North American Limited Edition will include some of the same sought-after items bundled with the Japanese version such as the special 15-page Fate
Visual Works art book and the 11 song Limited Soundtrack. Fate/EXTRA will be released with an MSRP of $39.99 for the Limited Edition, $29.99 for the retail
standard edition, and $24.99 for the PlayStation®Network download version. In Canada, Fate/the Fact book is both on GameStop.ca, as well as in-store.​

dili

*spits coffee*

I had no idea this was out so soon! I thought it was early next year. I must have confused it with Black Rock Shooter.

Can't wait.

Luigi87

I'm psyched for this one. I have it pre-ordered for the Fact book, but I won't technically get the game until Christmas, as it will be a gift for me... I just wanted to ensure get the Fact book.

Also, in Canada the Fact book is both on GameStop.ca, as well as in-store.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Am I missing it or should the OP add a release date?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
InfiniteNine said:
Actually it looks like that part got taken out somehow. I'll add it back in thanks!

:)

I'll just take the chance to thank Aksys for bringing this over. The PSP can always use more love! Sadly I already sold my PSP earlier this year since I'll be picking up a Vita hopefully close to launch. As far as I'm concerned this is a Vita launch game :p

Plus it gives me a chance to watch the new series this season and maybe the old one to figure out what exactly Fate/_____ is

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Awesome job on the OT, InfiniteNine! :D

I'm glad that everyone's excited for the release of Fate/EXTRA next week! (Ships on 11/1!)

I'll try to help answer your questions if any arise ;)

Hype, hype, HYPE! :)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Solune said:
Transparent Skirts are the future.

LE locked in. Now to play the waiting game.

Very soon now :D! Just a week left till it ships!

And great choice on pre-ordering the LE! ;D

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nice OP. Very interested in seeing how this plays. I can't recall at the moment, but Archer is hard mode, right?

HamPster PamPster said:
Plus it gives me a chance to watch the new series this season and maybe the old one to figure out what exactly Fate/_____ is
Yeah, I'm in this boat too. I barely know anything about the Fate/____ universe, lol. The game might provide a good first step, though.

HamPster PamPster said:
You see the thing about the new series is that it expects you to know everything about Fate/Stay Night. Also the things it expects you to know about are the parts that didn't make it into the anime adaptation.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Dark Schala said:
Nice OP. Very interested in seeing how this plays. I can't recall at the moment, but Archer is hard mode, right?

Yeah, I'm in this boat too. I barely know anything about the Fate/____ universe, lol. The game might provide a good first step, though.

Archer is Normal mode :)

Saber is Easy mode and Caster is Hard mode.

Luckily the game allows you to play just fine, even with no foreknowledge of the Fate universe.

Though it also contains bonuses and extras for those well-versed in all things Type-Moon ;)

We're also cross promoting with Crunchy Roll as they air Fate/Zero, so if you see Fate/EXTRA banners, you'll know why ;)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/

The flash ads appear on the front page randomly (other random ads appear too)

Lostconfused said:
You see the thing about the new series is that it expects you to know everything about Fate/Stay Night. Also the things it expects you to know about are the parts that didn't make it into the anime adaptation.
No, not really. I'm watching Fate/Zero with no knowledge of what goes on in Fate/Stay Night and I have no trouble following the show. It's very enjoyable and I would highly recommend anyone interested in the Fate universe who wants to watch one of the anime adaptations watch it and skip the DEEN travesties.

Anyway, I've got my LE preorder locked in and am looking forward to this! I hope I enjoy it.

Lostconfused said:

You can watch it just fine as a newcomer to the series, its just that people that read fate/stay will be treated to more.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
For you Type-Moon/Fate fans:

http://akibahobby.net/2011/10/gsc_cafe_201110.html

I want to go there ;D

hosannainexcelsis said:
No, not really. I'm watching Fate/Zero with no knowledge of what goes on in Fate/Stay Night and I have no trouble following the show. It's very enjoyable and I would highly recommend anyone interested in the Fate universe who wants to watch one of the anime adaptations watch it and skip the DEEN travesties.

Anyway, I've got my LE preorder locked in and am looking forward to this! I hope I enjoy it.

Sweet! I hope you enjoy it too ;)

And Fate/Zero is very awesome :3

InfiniteNine said:
Caster it is!

Glutton for punishment I see ;)
Or you just love your fox girls mwahaha

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I might play this just because of it's association with FATE/ZERO!

Nothing about the actual game stands out to me other then the fact that it uses the fate license though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Akselziys said:
Archer is Normal mode :)

Saber is Easy mode and Caster is Hard mode.
Probably going to go with Caster, then.

I swear you told me this before in another thread (you definitely did), but it slipped my mind.
I blame it on my cold, lol.
Thanks. :)

Kyoufu said:
Why the fuck is there a girl with cat ears...

Fox ears.

Akselziys said:
Glutton for punishment I see ;)
Or you just love your fox girls mwahaha

I think it's more like
fulfilling caster's dream to get married.

Edit:

Lafiel said:

Nothing about the actual game stands out to me other then the fact that it uses the fate license though.

Fate/Extra is a different universe.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Dark Schala said:
Probably going to go with Caster, then.

I swear you told me this before in another thread (you definitely did), but it slipped my mind.
I blame it on my cold, lol.
Thanks. :)

Hehe, no problem :D

Kyoufu said:
Why the fuck is there a girl with cat ears...

That's story related XD
When you find out her real identity, then you'll know why :)

Lafiel said:

Good enough reason as any ;) I hope you enjoy it though! :D

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Here are also some interview articles that Siliconera did with Fate/EXTRA's very own editor, Mike Engler (aka MagnaMixalis)!

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/07/aksys-answer-your-fateextra-questions-part-1/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/08/aksys-answer-your-fateextra-questions-part-2/

weeaboo said:
I am going to go with Caster the first time buuuuut, are there different routes for the other servants?

You can find the answer to your question in Part 1 of the interview :D

Mike Engler said:
How different will the story be for each of the servants? Specifically, will there be any changes like different bosses if I chose Caster instead of Saber, or something like that?

The main storyline is consistent between all of the Master/Servant combinations. That is to say that the beginning, the main plot twist, and the main ending will all be the same. However, depending on your choices and how you choose to interact with certain NPCs as well as you chosen Servant will affect the dialog as well as which enemy Masters you’ll be required to fight to get to the end of the game. While the game has a well-defined beginning, middle, and end; there are several different paths that will lead you to each of those points in the story.

To use forum speak: tl;dr, the game has definite replay value.

semiconscious said:
le reserved - will pick up with uncharted 3 next tuesday :) ...

*Applauds your awesomeness* :D

I seem to remember Aksys promising that the main editor on the game would cosplay as Saber as a part of their pre-order drive or as a sale threshold bonus...? I could be entirely mistaken, of course. ^_-

H.Protagonist said:
I seem to remember Aksys promising that the main editor on the game would cosplay as Saber as a part of their pre-order drive or as a sale threshold bonus...? I could be entirely mistaken, of course. ^_-

First of all, I hate you with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

Second, and as I said before...BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

I'll tell you what; I'll dress as Saber if you dress as Ren from Fragile...or the de-nuded hero from Half-Minute Hero.

Wait did i just see japanese dub only ?
Interest in this game +20.

About to check some vids now to see if this game will appeal to me ( wasn't aware of his existence untill a hour ago )

Top Bottom