• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Extra |OT| of Unlimited Saber Works

Varshes

Got 'em!

rinyw.jpg

Solune said:
It's in the OT.

Sometimes PSN makes last minute changes. Usually on a game I really want. lol *cough Prehistoric Isle cough*

Akselziys said:
The LE and SE ships to stores on Tuesday, 11/1, and the PSN version should be up on PSN on Tuesday, 11/1, as well ;)

So if you want it ASAP, digital may be the way to go, though the retail version's perks may offset that rushed desire :D

You read me like a book! I'm so impatient for it, but I think I may grab the retail version cause that stuff is nice.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
cj_iwakura said:
What exactly is in that book?

As GameStop describes it via our description XD:

GameStop said:
Fate/the Fact is a 20 page magazine devoted to explaining the events and mysteries of the world in which Fate/EXTRA takes place. With in-depth articles and an exclusive interview with one of the main protagonists, Rin Tousaka, Fate/the Fact is a must-have collectable for Fate fans everywhere!

Available online only.

cj_iwakura said:
What exactly is in that book?

Lots of background information about the world/reality in which EXTRA takes place, for the most part. It's not really spoilerific, but I'd recommend playing through the game at least once before reading it.

Oh, and don't let the low page count fool you; there's A LOT of text crammed into that thing.

And shameless plug time: Get your pre-order in NOW or miss out on Fate/the FACT book!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Fate/EXTRA ships to stores tomorrow and will be available to download tomorrow off of PSN too! :D

So how many of you decided to snag a physical copy and who here is going the DD route? ;D

Or maybe even both? :)

Well damn... I was about to preorder from Gamestop.com and noticed that the Limited Edition is sold out. Will Gamestop stores be getting the fact books or am I out of luck?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Big Papa Husker said:
Well damn... I was about to preorder from Gamestop.com and noticed that the Limited Edition is sold out. Will Gamestop stores be getting the fact books or am I out of luck?

They should be fixing that shortly XD

Hopefully pre-orders for the LE open back up soon, since the game ships to stores tomorrow :)

Error said:
So I take it this is a P3/P4 clone?

You can read the playtest above. Despite some similarities in the school/dungeon combination, it sounds a lot less like Persona 3/4 than a superficial glance would lead you to believe.

Akselziys said:
They should be fixing that shortly XD

Hopefully pre-orders for the LE open back up soon, since the game ships to stores tomorrow :)
What do you mean that they should be fixing it? ;) There a glitch or something?

I was thinking about just ordering the regular edition from GS.com to get the Fact Book and ordering the LE off Amazon because I have tons of credit. Since it is listed a "preorder" bonus, I don't want to miss out by not ordering it tonight.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Big Papa Husker said:
What do you mean that they should be fixing it? ;) There a glitch or something?

I was thinking about just ordering the regular edition from GS.com to get the Fact Book and ordering the LE off Amazon because I have tons of credit. Since it is listed a "preorder" bonus, I don't want to miss out by not ordering it tonight.

Yeah, it could be a possible glitch, GameStop said they were looking into things :)

So hopefully it's resolved soon!

And I feel bad if you have to order it twice, but only if you really want to :)

Akselziys said:
Yeah, it could be a possible glitch, GameStop said they were looking into things :)

So hopefully it's resolved soon!

And I feel bad if you have to order it twice, but only if you really want to :)
I could just end up selling the regular edition. I would assume I would be able to sell it for just under what I paid.

zoku88

Akselziys said:
Fate/EXTRA ships to stores tomorrow and will be available to download tomorrow off of PSN too! :D

So how many of you decided to snag a physical copy and who here is going the DD route? ;D

Since my psp's umd drive hasn't worked since ys 7 came out so I don't have much of a choice. Kind of wanted the book lol

....for someone who has little to zero knowledge about the Fate universe, how well will I be able to understand this game?
Akselziys said:

Physical, for both this and Hakuoki; I want that LE. :) (...will Hakuokai have an LE? ...and I've just noticed that all the game's I've purchased this year are all LEs :p)

PhantomOfTheKnight said:
....for someone who has little to zero knowledge about the Fate universe, how well will I be able to understand this game?

You should be fine, this game takes place in an alternate universe from the other Fate stuff. You don't need prior knowledge to play this.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
PhantomOfTheKnight said:
Physical, for both this and Hakuoki; I want that LE. :) (...will Hakuokai have an LE? ...and I've just noticed that all the game's I've purchased this year are all LEs :p)

Yeah, you don't need prior Fate knowledge to dive head first into the game :)

It's a nice entry point for newcomers to the series.

Also, Hakuoki will have an LE and standard edition ;)

They're both up on GameStop and Amazon! Amazon has the cover art for both the LE and SE up too!

Akselziys said:
Yeah, you don't need prior Fate knowledge to dive head first into the game :)

It's a nice entry point for newcomers to the series.

Also, Hakuoki will have an LE and standard edition ;)

They're both up on GameStop and Amazon! Amazon has the cover art for both the LE and SE up too!
Cool, cool, and yay! Won't be able to pick it up til Friday. Thankfully my GameStop will hold it for me. Just how vast is the Fate universe, what else is out there, and will the Fate/the Fact book be available on your site? I wasn't able to preorder online.

Luigi87

How tedious, usually GameStop.ca will ship a copy of a game to me before release, so that it arrives on release...

It seems Fate did not want this to happen this time... I guess I'll need to wait an Extra day for shipping.

Luigi87 said:
It seems Fate did not want this to happen this time... I guess I'll need to wait an Extra day for shipping.
Even waiting an afternoon for it to be on PSN is too long. Because it means another day of playing SRW at work. I was really looking forward to relaxing and playing a game in english.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Fate/EXTRA ships to stores today!

It also will be up on PSN later in the day ;)

I hope you guys have a great time playing it!

Son of a bitch. The LE came back in stock, but now you can't get the Fact book. >:| WTF?! Seems like once it hit 12:01AM Tuesday, the preorder bonus disappeared.

Akselziys - Any idea if the Gamestop orders still come with the fact book?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Big Papa Husker said:
Son of a bitch. The LE came back in stock, but now you can't get the Fact book. >:| WTF?! Seems like once it hit 12:01AM Tuesday, the preorder bonus disappeared.

Akselziys - Any idea if the Gamestop orders still come with the fact book?

Unfortunately since it's shipped to stores today, my guess would be no? >.<

But I believe there may be an alternative way to get it in the near future XD

frequency

Big Papa Husker said:
Wow, per Amazon it says the game will ship in 1-3 months. Man, did they sell out already or is there a glitch?
Amazon always does that for me on day of release for niche games. But they ship in 1-5 days.

I'm in Canada though. I don't know if .com is different with that.

Ken

Big Papa Husker said:
Wow, per Amazon it says the game will ship in 1-3 months. Man, did they sell out already or is there a glitch?
You'll most likely get it before 1 month. I ordered a 3DS from Amazon with the same 1-3 month expected ship date and got it in a week.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Luigi87 said:
How tedious, usually GameStop.ca will ship a copy of a game to me before release, so that it arrives on release...

Ah, I thought there were problems with my CC or something (and I don't think there is since I ordered something from CD Japan the other day and it was fine) because my order status is still "Open". So... today was the ship date? Edit: I keep forgetting that it's kind of normal for more niche titles to get delayed a few days or even up to a week here. :/

I guess I can play Sonic Generations (and finish a lab report) while I'm waiting for Fate/Extra, then. I'm kind of disappointed because I wanted to take a stab at it as soon as possible.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Dark Schala said:
Ah, I thought there were problems with my CC or something (and I don't think there is since I ordered something from CD Japan the other day and it was fine) because my order status is still "Open". So... today was the ship date? Edit: I keep forgetting that it's kind of normal for more niche titles to get delayed a few days or even up to a week here. :/

I guess I can play Sonic Generations (and finish a lab report) while I'm waiting for Fate/Extra, then. I'm kind of disappointed because I wanted to take a stab at it as soon as possible.

Yeah, today was the ship date, so depending on where you live, you should all be able to have it soon.

Though I hear some people already received it today :)

Also, it will be up on PSN to download later in the day.

Has anyone here got their copy yet :D?

frequency

EDIT: Nevermind. I thought GameStop.ca shipped my copy, but it was for something else I ordered (Rune Factory Tides of Destiny)...
¬.¬

Noxie

Neo Member
My game apparently just shipped, so I'll probably get it in a few days. I wish I had it today to play, but I suppose I can wait a bit longer!

Gamestop seems to be sending my game and the Fate/the Fact book in two different shipments though which is... odd. But if they get here the same day I guess it doesn't matter.

Luigi87

Ugh, GameStop.ca just changed the date from November 1st (which is what is said yesterday), to November 8th (for LE, the 7th for standard).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Takuya said:
Gamestop Canada is slow, order hasn't been billed yet =(
They don't charge until they ship, I guess.

...And as posted above, the date for the LE has been changed to Nov 8th, and the SE to Nov 7th! I started thinking it had been delayed after I posted here about the order still being open, since that tends to happen to some niche games here.

Edit: beaten.

Ramune

Had to postpone getting the game so I could get food and necessities during the winter storm that hit us this weekend. I missed out on the fact book too. TT_TT

But I'll still pick up the LE sometime this month. Can't wait!

Top Bottom