• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Votes FOTY 2011 Thread Fail Of The Year

mr stroke

ANH5X.jpg

Who will dethrone last years winner?-NBA ELITE-

nba-elite-11-1.jpg

2010 Thread-

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416692

2009 winner-PSPGO

2009 Thread-

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=381644

In the tradition of GOTY, we look at the sad side of gaming. 2011 is about over so what was the years biggest Failure?

Rules

Since many people only play quality titles your vote can be any one game or anything related to the
gaming industry-(PSN outage, Duke Nukem, 3DS launch, Gamepro mag closing, Skyrim PS3, VGA's, COD, etc...)

Only one top vote counts(since the list encompasses everything), everything else will be an honorable mention.

Voting closes 12-28-2011

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Wow I totally forgot about the PSN outage. That's got to be number 1.

That gets my vote.

Skyrim - PC version

I didn't play the game for more than 30 minutes, controls sucks, the mouse sucks, it is worse than mouse aim in Duke 3D.

(Though, I believe in a year after patching and modding is done, it will be my GOTY contender. It may already be due to the patches already released, but I aint going to tain the experience until I am safe)

---
Edit: Don't know if games I haven't played count; but DK4Ever was a TOTAL disappointment. I wanted to paly the game for more than a decade :(( but look what it turned out...

Dragon age 2 isn't a bad game. It might not be to everyone's taste, but it isn't outright broken out of the box like skyrim is.

Skyrim.

LiK

10. Death of gaming mags.
9. EA banning SP games.
8. Online Passes
7. No English Miles Edgeworth 2
6. Day one DLC
5. Studios shut down
4. VGAs
3. PSN Hacked
2. Retailer exclusive preorder bonuses
1. Patches, patches and more patches

Seda

I havent played/seen Skyrim or Dragon Age 2, so I really don't think I can vote for those...

PSN Hack

Dragon Age 2 is merely (apparently) a bad game. Worse things have been done.

Such as a certain mad hardware company demanding private information from YouTube and Slashdot, ordering raids on people's properties, posting their own encryption keys on Twitter, and eventually letting themselves get hacked downing their entire online infrastructure for a considerable period and losing the personal private data of tens of millions of people in a PR disaster that actually made newspaper headlines.

Yeah, they win.

Though I wouldn't call it winning.

Top Bottom