• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Votes FOTY 2011 Thread Fail Of The Year

Noaloha

I could sorely use a THE YEAR IN FAIL summary right about now. I certainly have picks fresh in my mind, but 12 months is a long time for one as fickle-focused as I.

I would vote LA Noir but after the debacle that is the PS3 version of Skyrim, that situation is clearly more full of fail than LA Noir.

Fuck I really was looking forward to Skyrim too. :(

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Skyrim

Not any version, just the game. Another GTA4 moment in gaming, 96/100 my ass.

I hope people voting PS3 Skyrim actually owned it otherwise it makes no sense.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Skyrim - PC version

I didn't play the game for more than 30 minutes, controls sucks, the mouse sucks, it is worse than mouse aim in Duke 3D.

(Though, I believe in a year after patching and modding is done, it will be my GOTY contender. It may already be due to the patches already released, but I aint going to tain the experience until I am safe)

---
Edit: Don't know if games I haven't played count; but DK4Ever was a TOTAL disappointment. I wanted to paly the game for more than a decade :(( but look what it turned out...

Have you tried turning off mouse smoothing? I have no idea why its turned on in this day and age.

wutwutwut

Dragon Age 2 is merely (apparently) a bad game. Worse things have been done.

Such as a certain mad hardware company demanding private information from YouTube and Slashdot, ordering raids on people's properties, posting their own encryption keys on Twitter, and eventually letting themselves get hacked downing their entire online infrastructure for a considerable period and losing the personal private data of tens of millions of people in a PR disaster that actually made newspaper headlines.

Yeah, they win.

Though I wouldn't call it winning.

You're 100% right. Changing my vote.

Has to be Dragon Age 2. Thank God for the ridiculously premature pre-order bonus affair putting me off and making me wait until the demo, which sealed the deal. I dodged a bullet there and saved enough money to buy The Witcher 2, made by a company who apparently give a shite about their reputation as well as the bottom line.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'd say it's a tie between the PSN outage and Duke Nukem Forever.

For the sake of voting, I'll give the slight edge to the PSN outage. Holy hell was it handled poorly.

Sullichin

DEAD ISLAND. I wanted to like that game, but a myriad of technical problems kept me from enjoying it. Constantly lost my save progress, co-op never worked well.. and then I started to realize I just didn't like the way that the game handles most of its mechanics. Oh well.

Concept17

Homefront and Brink are far far worse than both Skyrim PS3 and DA2. Unplayable piles of shit. At least DA2 was just a bad game, and Skyrim PS3 does run well for a long number of hours before problems kick in.

In general, I would say this was a bad year for releasing games too early without fixing major bugs/glitches/features/everything. The amount of shit I've had to deal with on release titles was just ridiculous this year. Day 1 patches, or "we're working on it" as the only message from a dev on their broken ass game was just insane this year.

PSN is the fail of all time: leaking credit card details, accidentally uploading Arc The Lad in fucking Japanese, still no games out in EU. GTFO, Sony.

Skyrim for the PS3: such a shame that a broken product was released and that video game "journalism" continues to show its worthlessness by not really giving a shit.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
3DS mishandled launch.

$249.99/25,000円
Lackluster line-up
Lack of e-store

So bad did it fail that Nintendo had to dramatically reduce the price just a few short months after.

UberTag

My list:

1) PSN Data Breach - Still #1
2) Nintendo 3DS Launch Price Debacle + Panic Price Drop - when was the last time we had a system's price literally cut in half not even 9 months after launch?
3) PS3 Skyrim Issues
4) NOA's handling of Operation Rainfall movement / European Xenoblade Launch
5) Dragon Age II roosting on shit mountain

PSN hack obviously.

Dragon Age II is just a shit game, and Skyrim? Really? I asked this before, but given Bethesda's track record why would you buy Skyrim on PS3 without waiting for impressions from other people or without renting it first?

Top Bottom