• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetups: 2/18 at Gaf Bar, 2/13 at Third & Long

Kccitystar

A couple of hilarious moments last night happened while I was drinking my beer:

- I turned around and I saw about 4 people logged into GAF on their phones at once while I did a quick browse to this thread. Hilarity ensued.
- This one guy came into the bar looking exactly like a gaffer. I mean the guy came in with like a satchel or something, gazing at his phone. I think jon bones and I both assumed he was checking this thread and we came to that conclusion, which I eventually told jason. I went hysterical mainly because upon telling jason, he looks around and begins shouting "BELIEVE!" to try and catch his attention, but to no avail. Dude wasn't a gaffer.

RawPower

Banned
1jITtl.jpg

Hah, word.

Jhoan

If I were to make a slogan for last night's events, it'd be "Awkward? No. Fun? Yes." Well besides all the "Believes" that people kept shouting every now and then.

I too was amazed how many people were on their phones checking GAF. Several people were asking me "Dude, you check GAF through the browser? Do it through the secondapps.com/neogaf" And then they proceeded to give me a lecture on how awesome it was. Suffice to say, now I'm a believer; it's so smooth.

I also learned that when bar hopping, cramp a couple of Gaffers into a cab and play a song on your cellphone on the way there. Oh, and taking shots with strangers is also cool.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You didn't use secondapps? Jeez :p

Who was it that I was callin a junior all last night? That was hilarious

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn, I'm a little nervous of Saturday night getting crazy. At least I bring a ridiculous tolerance to the table. It all began at my first E3 when blackace decided he wanted to drink... -_-

jasonng

Damn, I'm a little nervous of Saturday night getting crazy. At least I bring a ridiculous tolerance to the table. It all began at my first E3 when blackace decided he wanted to drink... -_-

To be honest, I was a bit peeved how everyone was normal yesterday. I was hoping for one or two weirdos (besides me) to stir things up a bit.

Tashi

To be honest, I was a bit peeved how everyone was normal yesterday. I was hoping for one or two weirdos (besides me) to stir things up a bit.
What? I thought I was pretty obnoxious last night. Lol I have fun when I'm screaming and arguing.

jasonng

Not at all. You definitely brought so much life to the bar. I only wished everyone else heard us arguing about My Little Pony.

Tashi

Not at all. You definitely brought so much life to the bar. I only wished everyone else heard us arguing about My Little Pony.

<3 That was fun. lol my cousin tries to get me to watch all different types of Anime and I never give them a shot. Well, he's pretty pissed that I started watching My Little Pony hahaha. I can't fight the cuteness.

Also, I'm gonna try to come out for Saturday. The next 2 weeks are going to be tight for me money wise and I'm trying to stretch it as thin as possible. I paid 6$ for 3 tall cans of Bud Light to pre game with on the train ride to the city yesterday. That helps save a lot of money when you've got a night of drinking in NYC. I also have a problem with over tipping :/

Pollux

All of you people should just come to Boston instead of NYC. We're so much more fun up here, plus there are no GAFers that want to do a Boston meet up :(

jasonng

A lot of you fucks actually want to get name tags so I'm going to get them for Saturday. Only person you guys needed to know was me anyway.

Tashi

A lot of you fucks actually want to get name tags so I'm going to get them for Saturday. Only person you guys needed to know was me anyway.

I'm not gonna wear a name tag.

Also, I'm making it out on Saturday 100%. See you fools there!

jasonng

Here's the quick head count on for Saturday:

Surelys
jasonng
Jazzy Network
bob page
Kccitystar
jon bones
El Sloth
Tashi0106
aorange999
Jipan