• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COOL DOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
9zSaM.jpg

RATED PG
This is Cool Dog. It's available on Netflix right now and I consider it one of man's greatest achievements (And one of his best friends. Woof!).

Cool Dog is about a dog that's cool. He's best friends with some kid who isn't all that cool, and his mom is dead I guess. But he has a step mom who is hot and sounds like english is her second language. The boy's family has to move into the city, and despite various connections in the small town he lives in (everyone loves this dog), they leave him with some guy who doesn't even like animals. Cool dog somehow travels from Louisiana to NYC. Antics ensue.

Cool Dog Hightlights

Cool dog is a multi-instrumentalist, petty thief, panhandler, superhero, vocalist, and good with the bitches (ha ha get it). Now, I don't want to spoil too much, but over the course of the movie, cool dog commits grand theft auto for no good reason while barking loudly at the man who's car he stole. He also pilots a boat, beats the crap out of some hoodlums, and COMES BACK FROM THE DEAD.

redlight.gif
WARNING
redlight.gif

Cool Dog contains mild language and SWEAR WORDS! But they're all said by the villains, which is okay because only bad people swear.

CorvoSol

You left out the part where he follows a trail of licorice across America and beats the living daylights out of some thugs and buys hotdogs.

All actual scenes in this movie.

DonMigs85

Personally I think no dawg movie can exceed Benji the Hunted, especially that scene where the wolf throws himself off the cliff.

Why do people always try and turn my threads into GIF threads? Come on guys, let's get some serious intellectual discussion about Cool Dog going.

Can a dog truly come back to life? Was stealing a car justified in the film? What do you think about the portrayal of the mother? Was it commentary of women's role in society? Compare and contrast the characters of main boy and the jerk kid at the new school. Can a dog truly come back to life?

CorvoSol

I waited the entire movie for the mother to turn out to be absolutely evil. In the end it was more like she was mentally unstable. Also, the dog played piano. Is it really that hard to believe he could come back from the dead?

Why do people always try and turn my threads into GIF threads? Come on guys, let's get some serious intellectual discussion about Cool Dog going.

Can a dog truly come back to life? Was stealing a car justified in the film? What do you think about the portrayal of the mother? Was it commentary of women's role in society? Compare and contrast the characters of main boy and the jerk kid at the new school. Can a dog truly come back to life?

Yes.

CorvoSol

Cool Dog saved the other animals from captivity and died for them. Then, on the 3rd whiny sob from the protagonist, he rose from the dead.

Cool Dog is gonna have to fight Aslan for the title of animal Jesus.

are they contractually bound by SAG or something to put those names on the top of the poster, or are they actually thinking people know who they are?

Pffff...Only scored a 3,7 on IMDB, I only watch movies that score a 7,5 or higher.

If you really think you can convince me to watch this, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom