• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity Officially Announced: [New 9 Minute Strategy Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay, I apologize if this is a dupe, as I think I posted it earlier but uh, can't find it.

It's made by Maxis Emeryville, which is the original Maxis.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kztNWdhRdnw&feature=player_embedded

Official Site: http://www.simcity.com/en_US

Origin Page: http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en...NA?easid=Origin-SimCity_Web_Tier2_PreOrderNow (Limited and Collector's Edition content is listed here.)

simcity11kj1v.png

simcity1bcejzi.png

simcity1c8ak79.png

Here's what the PC specs are on Origin's website,

System Requirements
Processor:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better or Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

Operating System:
Windows XP/Vista/7

RAM:
Windows XP: 1.5GB
Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB
PCs using a built-in graphical chipset are recommended to have 2GB RAM

Graphics Card:
ATI X1800 or better*
nVidia 7800 or better*
Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*

DVD-ROM:
8x or better

*Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac/en_AU/html/pbPage.SimcityAU

Cipherr

Is any of this media in game shots?

Damn this sounds like its going to be great. Is the multiplayer limited to 2? If not, NeoGAF community will have to happen.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I will build a $5000 PC if needed just to play this in glorious 60FPS @ 1080p while I waste days on it. COME TO ME BABEH

Combine

Banned
I am so happy to read all the positive reactions. I have eagerly been awaiting the day this project is finally officially announced! :)

Jasoco

Banned
So is there a release date yet? I can't seem to find one. And the site is acting wrong in Chrome with pages not loading and elements on the screen not showing up.

Are there Mac specs or is it Windows only for now?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I've got a really good feeling about this. Of course the media they release in the upcoming months could change that but...damn...this is a great announcement.

Can we please stop the cycle of making a new non-subtitled entry every ten or fifteen years into a franchise though? Things are going to be very confusing two hundred years from now.

Dat trailer.

Wasn't expecting that much awesomeness. I put on my headphones and the volume was pretty high already. A minute and a half later I needed a change of pants.

Tucah

you speak so well
This sounds pretty much like everything I could ever want from a Sim City game. Hype rising (although I should probably reign myself in for a year).

Multiplayer sounds great too.

I find it genuinely difficult to comprehend how good those images would look in real-time—such things shouldn't be possible, but you never know. PC exclusive SimCity, man—count me in.

Now they better localize A-Train 10 and do their part.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hopefully this one handles 4+ threads to help with performance for super large/dense cities. So far only Civ V has really taken advantage of 4-8+ cores.

Tiktaalik

I have no idea what to expect because the concept art in those slides looks nothing like the concept video.

Personally I'd rather have the colourful slide art direction.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ALL OVER MY FACE!!

Also judging by that one screenshot, it seems we're not limited to tiles anymore yes?

Dunan

Looks amazing, but... no Mac version!? I played the heck out of the vanilla original and then SC2k on my family's old System 7.1 Mac Quadra, and it was the best-looking of all the SC2k versions, mainly because of the Mac's timeless UI (Chicago and Geneva fonts in particular).

Please tell me that this oversight is going to be rectified
and that it'll run on 10.5 and that I won't have to upgrade to Mountain Lion or whatever they're calling OSX by next year
!

:|
Im so excited even though maybe I should be more cautious. I played so much SC4 and recently got back to it. With mods its so great but man, the game is so unstable and crashes a lot on me. I actually want more complexity and Im still not sure which direction theyre going with this one. It does give off a tiny bit of Societies vibe and that would suck so much :(.

ctrayne

This is cool, but isn't it a little weird to call it just "Sim City"? I get this eerie feeling they are calling it that because most people nowadays think The Sims came first...eww

And of course, wouldn't want to call it Sim City V because numbers scare people.

Whining aside, awesome to see this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom