• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity Officially Announced: [New 9 Minute Strategy Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need to get a better laptop and Ill be set to back to the world. Hopefully the writers of the news ticker return, so witty.

Kind of holding out hope for a console version.

gaheris

Can't wait for this but I hope it will not slow to a crawl as fast as some of older Sim City games did once you got your city to a certain size.

zap

That looks sexy.

The last SimCity game I played was 2000, but I played it so much.

I may have to start back into the virtual mayor business.

sullyj

9sUz1.gif

Zzoram

Kind want. Will wait on GOTY since it will have tons of expansions.

Tropico 4 will hold me over until then.

dLMN8R

I think what makes me most happy about this thread is the Origin preorder page! It makes me especially happy, since I was worried that this might actually be a free-to-play game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some hater of free-to-play games, but I don't like any of EA's attempts, and for something like SimCity, I just want to buy a full game and play it.

Grinchy

Banned
If that trailer is what we can expect, with all those crazy details going on, I'm going to install a toilet in my computer chair.

Jimrpg

no mac?

am disappoint... don't tell me i have to fiddle around with bootcamp everytime i want to play...

celebi23

Looks amazing, but... no Mac version!? I played the heck out of the vanilla original and then SC2k on my family's old System 7.1 Mac Quadra, and it was the best-looking of all the SC2k versions, mainly because of the Mac's timeless UI (Chicago and Geneva fonts in particular).

Please tell me that this oversight is going to be rectified
and that it'll run on 10.5 and that I won't have to upgrade to Mountain Lion or whatever they're calling OSX by next year
!

I feel your pain man :/ I just dug out my copy of Sim City 3000. Going to give that a quick run through in 7.5.5 in SheepShaver :D

Paznos

Finally a new Sim City!!, it's crazy it's been almost 10 yrs since Sim City 4 that doesn't even seem right.

Piggus

Finally a new Sim City!!, it's crazy it's been almost 10 yrs since Sim City 4 that doesn't even seem right.

10 years later and it still chugs harder than a thirsty $2 whore. Seriously Maxis... I'm hyped, But SC4 is the worst optimized game I've ever played. Even with dual SSDs the data streaming is awful.

This is cool, but isn't it a little weird to call it just "Sim City"? I get this eerie feeling they are calling it that because most people nowadays think The Sims came first...eww

Pretty much. Most of the FAQ deals with people who only know The Sims and never heard of SimCity.

Amazing news, looks like there will be online co-op then? Isn't it the very first time in the series? Playing Anno 2070 atm and the co-op is just outstanding in that game. Would love to have co-op in a city builder of Sim City calibre!

Pandemic

If anyone is interested in hearing about the engine for SimCity (Glassbox engine), there'll be a conference about it at 11AM PST.

My God.

Cities XL just hasn't been able to fill the void left by Sim City. Now the king is back, Cities might be remembered as the nice place holder until Sim City 5 came out.

If anyone is interested in hearing about the engine for SimCity (Glassbox engine), there'll be a conference about it at 11AM PST.

Think I might actually watch this...

Semi-related, but what was this EA/Sim City press conference drama I was catching wind of? I didn't go to GDC, but I've been reading some strange comments from people there.

jman2050

euQfR.gif

Basic information sounds awesome. Just gotta hope they execute. Too bad it'll be a while yet before we get the game but it's been so long since 4 I'm happy it's coming at all.

dLMN8R

Going by the system requirements it's not going to look at all like the trailer or the art shots.

How do you figure? The most important thing to SimCity is the simulation underneath. As long as you have a good enough CPU and enough ram, that'll be taken care of. On top of that, they can theoretically have a graphics engine that scales tremendously from basic to something like what you see in the trailer.

Belgorim

Do people realy have that much trouble spotting a CGI trailer? In this case the trailer itself even says that it is not representative of actual gameplay.

It will be an awesome game I'm sure, and I look forward to it a lot. They dont even have screenshots on the site yet, only concept arts.

AAequal

Banned
Truck-o-Saurus! Looks really great but Origin really does suck at least on my computer. I don't know why but after installing it my computer has slowed down a lot :(
Well I hope Origin works better when this comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom