• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity Officially Announced: [New 9 Minute Strategy Video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
I am feeling so turned on right now.

If that concept trailer is indication of the look they're going for in the new game, count me in. PC Only is fantastic news, too. I laughed at the people who said "well 2000 on the SNES worked just fine" as they blatantly hadn't played a single entry since 2000.

Today is a good day.

Like a lot of people, guess this will be my first Origin game. Played the Battlefield beta to hell and back, but never bought the whole thing.

So a question how will Multiplayer work.
Something like Asynchronous where your region is held somewhere.
Because building a city takes some time and with multiplayer it seems a bit hard to imaging.

Or will it be just more laid back or something.
Now what i really need is a Settlers 4 remake or true sequel didn't really felt like it was the settlers with the new one. I need that nostalgie fix from Settlers 3 & 4.

Pandemic

PC Gamer US May issue: SimCity revealed!
full_simcity_cover.jpg

SimCity is back! Oh, you’ve heard? Well, if you’re excited now, just wait until you get the whole story. We spent a day at Maxis to talk with the developers about SimCity’s groundbreaking new engine, design philosophy, and new features (multiplayer! curvy roads!), and you’ll find eight pages of concentrated details at the center of PC Gamer US issue #226.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/07/pc-gamer-us-may-issue-simcity-revealed/

Pretty eager to see the magazine.

Krabardaf

I am really thrilled, however I'm not letting my guard down until it actually ships, or we know a lot more.
The article on gamasutra indicates they target a broader public and want a game that isn't too complex.

I so want to play SC4 right now.

Ballistik

DAAAAAY ONE! Getting a new PC just as soon as this game comes out!

Probably my most hyped game ever due to the fact that after almost 10 years of nothing, I had come to accept the fact that there would not be a new sequel, and then BAM out of nowhere!

PC Gamer US May issue: SimCity revealed!
full_simcity_cover.jpg

SimCity is back! Oh, you’ve heard? Well, if you’re excited now, just wait until you get the whole story. We spent a day at Maxis to talk with the developers about SimCity’s groundbreaking new engine, design philosophy, and new features (multiplayer! curvy roads!), and you’ll find eight pages of concentrated details at the center of PC Gamer US issue #226.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/07/pc-gamer-us-may-issue-simcity-revealed/

Pretty eager to see the magazine.

You can see hints of aliasing in that cover image. I'd say this is a real in-game screen! Looks very nice if not too close to the action.

Ballistik

Anyone else always bothered by the fact cars appear and disappear randomly to simulate traffic? I wonder how difficult it must be to actually have start and end points to cars traveling, that would increase simulation!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm predominantly a console gamer.. but the PC-only thing kinda makes me grin. I know they're not going to fuck it up with a consolified design.

nickcv

i'd love the game but unfortunately i don't have time for this right now... we'll se when it finally release... but i gotta say for me origin is a big deterrent

BocoDragon

Oh they will for sure even for a PC only game. The target is to have this game more friendly to Sims players.

Well that's a different issue.... I have no doubt it will have a more modern (simplified) interface.... rather than an overwhelming toolbar grid.

I'm not sure how hard it will be to fuck up a real Sim City, though. It's kind of just "place road", "place building". It's already pretty simple.

BocoDragon

GAeDF.png

I still remember playing SimCity 4 the first time when I was like 12 years old. I loved it, despite barely understanding what it was about.

Heck, I'm 20 now and it's still great.

I've been playing Sim City longer than you've been alive :p And yes, it's still great.

SC4 in particular was quite an evergreen game to come back to...

I only dabbled in SimCity 4, but played the shit out of SimCity 2000 and 3000. I'm pretty excited about this, especially if it ends up looking anywhere near as good as the concept images and preview shots there.

Splines are ready to be reticulated.

I really hope you don't need a gaming rig to play this. This is the best news I've had in years.

EDIT - Shit, just looked at the specs. I'm fucked :(

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

CANT WAIT!!!

Seriously, this is going to be the longest wait in gaming for me. I hope there is some kind of late 2012 beta programme for the multiplayer. Would love it.

Pandemic

Anyone else always bothered by the fact cars appear and disappear randomly to simulate traffic? I wonder how difficult it must be to actually have start and end points to cars traveling, that would increase simulation!
That bothered me in Sim City 4, where cars would randomly vanish during traffic, I enjoy watching over traffic jams, whether it because of a car accident or faulty traffic lights. I hope they make it traffic remains there until reaching it's destination, such as work or home.

mavs

I really hope you don't need a gaming rig to play this. This is the best news I've had in years.

EDIT - Shit, just looked at the specs. I'm fucked :(

Come the fuck on dude, really? That will be nearly 10 year old hardware when this game is released?

lefantome

I want to see real screens.
Probably they have dunbed down the games, in the trailer the city looks like a Lego City set, not a real one.

that would be awful

Any good mods for SC4, would love to play it again!

I remember totally breaking the game after downloading power plants that produced no waste, cost virtually nothing to build and generated tons of energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom