• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Karting trailer

jett

D-Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcTmGUfPvrs

I didn't play MDR beyond the demo, so I don't know exactly how much in there is new and how much is just a reskinned version of that game, but it looks all right. I really enjoyed the controls in MDR, it's the loading times that really killed my intent of purchase. I hope they've fixed that here.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
An honest to god proper battle mode has sold me, big time. FINALLY.

Mik2121

Completely forgot about this title.

I like how it's made by the same people that made ModNation Racer. It would be nice if the game automatically detected all your costumes from LBP and LBP2.

I love a good Kart Racer but I really grew sour to the LBP series over time. The concept and style of the games was very impressive at first but the games had terrible platformer mechanics at their core. If this game manages to avoid a similar pitfall then it might be worth checking out.

Only time will tell.

Intrigued...although when it comes to kart racers on the horizon, it's hard to divert my excitement away from the Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing sequel.

Goldrusher

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/03/22/littlebigplanet-karting-coming-to-ps3/

Our goal with LBP Karting has been fairly simple – provide a fast-paced experience that captures the best of classic Karting gameplay, married with the unbridled creativity of LBP. This new adventure will be accessible to players of all ages and have all of the variety necessary to satisfy both the hardcore and more casual players.

This is an LBP game, so we could never talk about it without mentioning the create tools. LBP Karting is set in an entirely 3D world allowing players to create rich and varied gameplay experiences. Tons of familiar LBP gadgets will be present, along with a brand new toolbox specifically tailored to allow for building in LBP Karting’s 3D world. Along with fan favorite racing and battle modes, players will be able to modify the rules of the game itself to create completely new modes and challenges. All of this is wrapped up in a community experience that should have LBP fans feeling right at home.

6853481736_8be188dfbb_b.jpg

6999605645_59b8148cb1_b.jpg

6853482036_c00b6e017d_b.jpg

6853483036_ef9bedd3a7_b.jpg

6853482664_06056c5e66_b.jpg

BadWolf

Looks really good.

On the one hand this should have happened day 1 and not Modnation Racers but on the other I'm sure they learned a lot from mistakes made on that one.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Dare I say... eww?

It's obviously nowhere near completion, but as of now it screams "jank."

Rootbeer

Banned
Usually when I see these type of Mario Kart inspired games I am immediately turned off. But when something is good, it's simply good. And this looks... GOOD!

Echoing the hopes for a VITA version. Please, Sony!

SykoTech

Looks great. Very happy to see them announce things like Battle Mode and splitscreen multiplayer right off of the bat. That 2D racing part looks neat as well. I also like how they incorporated LBP items like the grappling hook in there.

Just please have custom controls this time. Or at least a setup that let's me use X for gas and a trigger to drift. The lack of that kept me away from ModNation, despite all the great things I heard. Using R2 to drive in a kart racer just felt awkward, no matter how many times I tried the demo.

SykoTech

If this game does come out on Vita, it probably won't be for awhile. ModNation did just come out at launch. I don't see them putting out two kart racers on the Vita in the same year.

WillyFive

It seems like a clear improvement over Modnation Racers; but we still don't know what the loading screens and game engine is like. Hopefully both change drastically from Modnation Racers.

y2dvd

Honestly wasn't a fan of LBP but this looks like a lot of fun. Don't plan on getting a Vita so I hope it's on the PS3 or both!

I'm definitely intrigued. Just hope the racing gameplay feels right.

I'm already fearful of launch day impressions like "the racing parts are awesome, but then they keep throwing in these platforming bits, which break up the flow. I wish I could just race, uninterrupted".

panty

Holy crap, that looks like awesome. Hopefully this is for both, the triple and Vita. Definitely interested.

rouken

what's the modnation community gonna say about this?

looks great by the way, they should've done this in the first place.

Doesn't get the blood pumping the way Little Big Planet's original reveal did.

Seems like they've finally fixed the floaty controls from LBP though. Good for them.

I bought MNR, made a couple of tracks, raced a few times and then promptly stopped playing it. If they had released this in the first place I probably would have gotten it but now I can't see that happening unless it gets a big community.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Love me some LBP goodness, and the trailer looked awesome so definitely going to get day 1. Hopefully this is gonna be mad fun just like the previous LBP games. :D

botty

Banned
I do not play the LBP games (first one was too floaty for me), but I was certain they had some sort of racing/karting in LBP2.

Top Bottom