• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mar 24] Downtown LA Meetup of Pool & Vice & Everything Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
nB5Ag.png

Everyone ready for round 2 (or technically 3 or 4 for some of us)?

What: An LA Gaf meetup for beer and fun
When: March 24th (Sat) 8 P.M.
Why: Why the hell not? Nobody died or got arrested last time. I say we push our luck.
Where: Golden Gopher (Pool table, Frogger AND a photobooth)
Bonus: We will be joined by our dark overlord, EviLore. Can you really say no to that?

77sYQ.jpg
I9Juw.jpg

Site: http://213nightlife.com/goldengopher
Menu: Beer List / Drinks List

417 W. Eighth St.
Los Angeles, CA 90014
(213) 614-8001

Gaf's Last Invasion of the Golden Gopher:

(Thanks be to Clearacell for all the bar crawl photos!)

Guestlist

H.Protagonist +1
EviLore
Caspel
CFMOORE!
lunchtoast
freshair
Fidelis Hodie
polyh3dron
davidpong
thehighlight
clearacell
cmonmanreally
ValiantEffortDrinkingBoy
Puddles
doitlive
Ravidrath

Dinner Guestlist (Cole's @ 6)

H.Protagonist
EviLore
dyls (maybe)
davidpdong
CFMOORE!
thehighlight
staticneuron
doitlive
Ravidrath
lunchtoast

Maybe

Magna_Mixalis
dyls
dojokun (is hungover but WILL rally, dammit!)
HP_Wuvcraft (Is desirous of a carpool ride! He lives in NEWBURY FUCKING PARK!)
Sobriquet + 1

*Updates as we go along.

Clydefrog

Just keep doing these. I'll be able to make it to one eventually, I promise. By then you'll all be best friends, but whatever.

dojokun

Banned
I'm coming up from Torrance, remember? BY BUS. O_O

DT is just a midway hub and it has lots of great places to drink/eat. I'm definitely open to the next one being elsewhere, though. You wanted beachiness for a meetup, right?

I just wanted Westside. The rest of GAF responded to that with the beach idea LOL.

CFMOORE!

I just wanted Westside. The rest of GAF responded to that with the beach idea LOL.

why so opposed to travel? a lot of people come from all areas of LA to make it to these. not trying to be a dick about it, but why does it have to come to you?

Make the trip and hang out if you really want to :)

to suit, or not to suit.

Everyone wears a tie day...?

Oooooooh. Fun fun.

And I don't have to be up early the next day! :D

Same. I was supposed to have to go to a baby shower, but now I am free! Freeeeeee (to feel like crap in peace...)!

Haha. Isn't that always the way? Well, we do have westsiders that came to the last one. If you find a carpool buddy it won't be so bad, right? Try our downtown fun this time, though, then snag the rights for the next meetup and plop it right next to your house. :D

dojokun

Banned
bah. okay okay. To tell you the truth I just have a bias against driving downtown (hate those one way streets) and always have trouble finding reasonable parking (by that I mean fairly close to where I am headed without paying $15).

But I like BEING there. The Standard downtown is my hangout wheneer I DO go there.

West coast proves why the East coast is the best coast. Step yo OP game up OP. Sheeeiiiiiiiiit

Like I said, I have work. I threw up the thread as soon as I got confirmation that the 24th worked for EviLore to give people enough heads up time to know about the meetup. Fancy pictures and details will be forthcoming. Sheesh.

lunchtoast

bah. okay okay. To tell you the truth I just have a bias against driving downtown (hate those one way streets) and always have trouble finding reasonable parking (by that I mean fairly close to where I am headed without paying $15).

But I like BEING there. The Standard downtown is my hangout wheneer I DO go there.

The westside beach party is still on, just later yeah?

Also I only payed 5$ when I parked DT last weekend.

I'm also going to practice on Frogger. I think I get it now.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Awesome! Next time Westside (or south...).

The locales I frequent are normally Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Culver City, Silverlake, Echo Park, and Downtown. Tend to stay away from Downtown due to terrible parking that consists of no spots and overpricing.

Ready to socialize a bit before starting the new job next week.

DemiMatt

Bah! I wish this was . . . .

*Checks calendar*

maybe this Friday?

If not next Saturday?

If you guys keep planning, and there's enough notice I shall be there. Green Man attire and all. Ok maybe no more green man suit.

Oh, how I wish I could be there again. Glad everyone seemed to enjoy the Gopher. Hope you have a blast.

The Gopher was awesome. I'm definitely keen on a second go at it. Great pick for the bar crawl, Seth.

I can make this. C U suckers there.

Nice.

Bah! I wish this was . . . .

*Checks calendar*

maybe this Friday?

If not next Saturday?

If you guys keep planning, and there's enough notice I shall be there. Green Man attire and all. Ok maybe no more green man suit.

No show again? We are sorely lacking anyone in green man suits without you... :(

I'm down. Also, five of the images in the OP do not exist or are no longer available.

Sweet. And, they're showing up fine for me. They down for anyone else?

Im there....leaving from la verne at around 530...probably meaning I got no chance at happy hour prices. 7 o'clock wherever you guys are I will be there!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Enjoy your crawl.
I'll be sitting out on this one for obvious reasons. Don't think I can sweet talk my way into all of them.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....why this saturday?? Gonna work prolly all day and Im most likely gonna miss my chance to meet/wrestle/bromance Evilore.

dammit...
:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom