• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mar 24] Downtown LA Meetup of Pool & Vice & Everything Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what I just saw BUT I LIKE IT.

Wet Hot American Summer has not aged well (probably why they are making a sequel/remake), but it is still a comedic masterpiece.

Does this mean you're wearing short shorts and rocking a mullet right this second?

... actually, now that I think about it, I am.

EDIT: And I just looked up Newbury Fucking Park on google maps. You are faaaaaar away. O_O ... ;_;

If I manage to get a ride, I will be all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAtfpvoltHM&feature=related

server was down at work. I want grilled cheese T_T

I'll be in the corner at table #2 lol

I want us all to have grilled cheese. I will try to get there pre-5:30 to grab space. Doesn't seem like too strict a place so I'll bet we could squeeze and/or stand and/or loiter. ;)

i am already dreading/looking forward to the after drinks food engagement.

The only person you really have to fear is ValiantEffortDrinkingBoy. He like burning things. :D

I'll understand if you dread playing some of us in pool, though. We are mighty
and some of us spectacularly terrible
at it.

Tradition holds that there will be food after the drinking, and of course I will be there to the bitter end!

I say all of us that get dressed for the occasion get mint juleps.

Tradition holds that there will be food after the drinking, and of course I will be there to the bitter end!

I say all of us that get dressed for the occasion get mint juleps.

We also need to talk in southern accents and wave hand fans to keep us cool during the night. I think a white suit and a bowtie would complete the ensemble.

But back to the sammiches. Although my plea to join the cool table was rejected by our wonderful hostess, I suppose I can help out with the commandeering of sitting space and corners.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Flying to LA and staying at posh hotels ain't cheap, friends, so I expect to go all out ;b

Flying to LA and staying at posh hotels ain't cheap, friends, so I expect to go all out ;b

I'm sure we can expect a jumped cue ball in someone's eye or perhaps some gun fire at least. ;)

Does this mean we are going clubbing? Evilore: on the Dance Floor

Did GG play music? Music would be ace.

Evilore grind dance party.

I think he'll be defending against this kind of thing now. You guys are going to have to be sneakier.

It is almost upon us! :D Remember your dollar bills for the pool/jukebox/frogger, people!
And OP has all the info. 8PM @ GG, LA Cafe @ 6ish if you're craving that grilled cheese! Enjoy any Happy Hours along the way and we'll see you tonight.

Evillore is coming.

All over our -

no. I couldn't even get through it.

Who do I call to bug people during the thing? Can I skype in?

Clear is usually our recorder/human projected. Last time he brought his laptop to live stream on TinyChat. Not sure if he's doing it again, though.

They have a jukebox, Seth C and I had an impromptu dance off.

This bodes well.

I won't say I'm inebriated right now but I might be inebriated.

Haha. Started a bit early, did we? I expect you to still make it, hangover or not!

dojokun

Banned
I have a new iPad with Skype and Facetime if you guys wanna drunk dial me... assuming things dont change and I end up not coming.

Sobriquet

My wife and I might come to this tonight. We live downtown, so it's only a short bus ride away.

Since I haven't met any of you yet, we look like this:

2whNL.jpg

:p

I have a new iPad with Skype and Facetime if you guys wanna drunk dial me... assuming things dont change and I end up not coming.

We'll have you in person, which is far superior to a Skype version of yourself. ^_^
I will expect the best outcome, so be sure to 1) show up, and 2) be wearing suspenders and a tie. (hat optional)

My wife and I might come to this tonight. We live downtown, so it's only a short bus ride away.

Since I haven't met any of you yet, we look like this:

2whNL.jpg

:p

Do come! I'll throw you down as a maybe, but if you're in DT anyway, this is an easy night for you and your lady. I will expect a similar pose when you introduce yourself, of course (just so we know it's you).

Ravidrath

Oh, I posted in the wrong thread...

Anyway, +1 for Lobster Grilled Cheese, and I'll be there this time.

Also, everyone should PM Ryutaru's Mama and get him to stop being salty over the NBA thread closure and come out. Maybe even yell at EviLore!

dojokun

Banned
I'm kinda hungover. Last night I went to a bar here on the west side, then stumbled into the bar next to it, made out with some chick there, then went and got a bacon wrapped hot dog from a vendor I'd never seen before that was right out front, then turned to possibly get another and saw that he was gone, then went home.

Oh, I posted in the wrong thread...

Anyway, +1 for Lobster Grilled Cheese, and I'll be there this time.

Also, everyone should PM Ryutaru's Mama and get him to stop being salty over the NBA thread closure and come out. Maybe even yell at EviLore!

Sweet. Will do my best to make sure we're able to actually sit down, but demand is high for that grilled cheese, so if we need to loiter about with our food, so be it. :p

And PM that man(?)! He can express any frustration through pool and beverages. Drink is a great way to cross bridges, so tell him to come.

I'm kinda hungover. Last night I went to a bar here on the west side, then stumbled into the bar next to it, made out with some chick there, then went and got a bacon wrapped hot dog from a vendor I'd never seen before that was right out front, then turned to possibly get another and saw that he was gone, then went home.

Hey, if freshair can make it, I expect you to rally. Lots of water and pad your stomach with bread products. Just stick to the light beers tonight. No need to go crazy. :)

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
After experiencing the ending of Mass Effect 3, I definitely need a drink, or ten, tonight.

TheTowel

Ended up at this place last night. It has a bit of an east coast vibe. Cool place, you guys will like it. Couple of blocks away from other cool bars though.

After experiencing the ending of Mass Effect 3, I definitely need a drink, or ten, tonight.

We are here for you in your time of MassEffect need.

Anymore squeezing room for the dinner portion?

Why the hell not. Might be standing room only or we may just have to hang about the street with our food like hobos, but whatever. ;) Just be prepared for the standing if it comes to that. I'll do my best to get as much seating as possible, but we'll see what the fates have in store for us.

I also have Skype, if anyone wants to bring me in on the fun briefly.

sethmcollins

Seems we might have a sizable Skype contingent at this rate. I'm not sure anyone has an iPad to whip out in the bar, but if they do, we'll ping whoever's on.

Ended up at this place last night. It has a bit of an east coast vibe. Cool place, you guys will like it. Couple of blocks away from other cool bars though.

GG is awesome and there are definitely tons of cool bars nearby. Sure you won't join us for round 2?

Sadly he doesn't drink. :\

Well, he can vent over shirley temples, then. ^_^

Change of plans for food, guys. Since so many people want to come, and I don't anyone left standing or not getting food, I'm changing the venue to make sure we can all fit. Dinner will be at Cole's on 6th @ 6PM.

118 East 6th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90014

colesfrenchdip.com

Apologies for the lack of lobster grilled cheese, but Cole's is pretty damn good too.

In all possibility, I could drive. The only problem is that I've only driven into Los Angeles once, and I had to take the mountains. Plus, it would most likely be late on the drive back. Plus(er), I'd be taking backroads.

lunchtoast

Nah. I'm sure most smart phones have Skype. iPhones certainly do.

Yeah, I'll dl for my phone and add you, and anyone else who wants to skype in.

Change of plans for food, guys. Since so many people want to come, and I don't anyone left standing or not getting food, I'm changing the venue to make sure we can all fit. Dinner will be at Cole's on 6th @ 6PM.

colesfrenchdip.com

Apologies for the lack of lobster grilled cheese, but Cole's is pretty damn good too.

ooo french dip! Had to check to see if this was the one on Man vs Food.

Seth C

Cole's is definitely a good choice. Everyone should enjoy it. Damn it how is it I know so much about downtown LA despite living 2,000 miles away.

Yeah, I'll dl for my phone and add you, and anyone else who wants to skype in.

If I'm not online just text me and I'll hop on Skype.

dojokun

Banned

colesfrenchdip.com

I went there with this girl and she ended up bringing her friend. Good memories of this place. I got the lamb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom