• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mar 24] Downtown LA Meetup of Pool & Vice & Everything Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy your crawl.
I'll be sitting out on this one for obvious reasons. Don't think I can sweet talk my way into all of them.

Eh? Why? Are you in the same boat as OrangeGrayBlue?

can this work as a banner?

nB5Ag.png

edit: I"m thinking of showing up as tie/suspenders/hat GAF

Yes! Thanks, Clear! It's perfect. You're a lifesaver. And tie/suspenders/hat, eh? We could make this a swanky meetup. CFMOORE! is already going to be suited up, so we're halfway there, really. :)

You guys should have done a meet up same night as the NY one.

That would have been pretty fun. Drunk texts shooting back and forth. Inebriated thread bombing and drinking games. I think we will have to have them coincide on the same date one day. Funny that your title is to hump EviLore harder, but that he'll be at ours. I'm sure some enterprising guy will hump him for you, though. ^_^

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....why this saturday?? Gonna work prolly all day and Im most likely gonna miss my chance to meet/wrestle/bromance Evilore.

dammit...
:/

C'mon, Verano! Whatever you're doing, take a half day (that's what I did last time)! Or just show up late. How long do you think you'll be at work 'til?

Same day as the London-GAF meetup, eh?

Have fun guys!

Sweet! We'll toast you guys from afar! Like with the NY meet up we'll have to see if we can string several worldwide gaf events together sometime. Having these get-togethers is certainly becoming a thing (a good thing).

CFMOORE!

Eh? Why? Are you in the same boat as OrangeGrayBlue?

Yes! Thanks, Clear! It's perfect. You're a lifesaver. And tie/suspenders/hat, eh? We could make this a swanky meetup. CFMOORE! is already going to be suited up, so we're halfway there, really. :)

I am wearing a suit right this second! feels good. Though I am sans vest today.

I'm down. I get off of work around 630/7 and will be driving from e.la though. Is there an easy way of figuring where you guys will be at by the time I can show up? I don't have a smartphone to check the thread.

What do you mean by string together? Pardon my.....err, density?

As in, have them all on the same day so that there are simultaneous parties going on around the world.

Someone should fly me back out, just for the one night. Haha.

You should give the UPS a shot. That's SteveWinwood's backup plan. ;)

I am wearing a suit right this second! feels good. Though I am sans vest today.

Already prepared. Very nice.

I'm down. I get off of work around 630/7 and will be driving from e.la though. Is there an easy way of figuring where you guys will be at by the time I can show up? I don't have a smartphone to check the thread.

Excellent! This'll likely be centered just in/around the Golden Gopher, but the thread will be updated with location information if we move or anything. I also lack a smartphone, so I might have to nominate somebody with one for coordination purposes. Don't worry, though. I'll update on that end today.

dojokun

Banned
We should have a thread where GAFfers from different meetups in different cities post drunkily to each other, preferrably with pics from their respective meetups.

Regarding this Saturday, I cannot commit 100% because I am waiting to hear back from someone about tentative plans. But please update this thread as you guys move from bar to bar so I can catch up if I can make it.

dyls

So soon. I'd love to do it but I have plans. I can maybe stop by for the dinner portion.

I do approve of going back to the Golden Gopher.

Make sure to bring your $1 bills...no not for a strip club, but we need to lay them down on the side of the pool table to claim our place in line for it...its like back in the day when we put our quarter on the arcade machine screen.

We should have a thread where GAFfers from different meetups in different cities post drunkily to each other, preferrably with pics from their respective meetups.

Regarding this Saturday, I cannot commit 100% because I am waiting to hear back from someone about tentative plans. But please update this thread as you guys move from bar to bar so I can catch up if I can make it.

Nice idea for a thread. I'd definitely contribute. I'll also slate you under the maybe section, but I do hope you can make it! Will update the thread for sure.

Holy fuck, this weekend?

I can do it if I can get:

1) a way down there
or
2) a ride

C'mon, Wuvcraft, you can dooooo eeeeeeeet. Post where you're from. Surely there's a carpool possibility nearby.

Holy shit, this is tomorrow?

I'm pretty sure I can make it.

Haha. So soon, I know.

So soon. I'd love to do it but I have plans. I can maybe stop by for the dinner portion.

I do approve of going back to the Golden Gopher.

Cool. You think 5:30 or 6ish is a dinner possibility for you? Still thinking the LA Cafe that CFMOORE mentioned if anyone else was interested.

Make sure to bring your $1 bills...no not for a strip club, but we need to lay them down on the side of the pool table to claim our place in line for it...its like back in the day when we put our quarter on the arcade machine screen.

So true. I'll add that to the OP.

CFMOORE!

Cool. You think 5:30 or 6ish is a dinner possibility for you? Still thinking the LA Cafe that CFMOORE mentioned if anyone else was interested.

I have to add the place pretty much only has limited outdoor seating. They're a 24hr joint so I don't know if they only get massive influxes during breakfast/lunch and crazy drunk hours.

A small enough dinner crowd shouldn't be too hard to handle.

I have to add the place pretty much only has limited outdoor seating. They're a 24hr joint so I don't know if they only get massive influxes during breakfast/lunch and crazy drunk hours.

A small enough dinner crowd shouldn't be too hard to handle.

A small dinner group, then. You in? Have to eat beforehand anyway, so me, Lore, maybe dyls, ...? Any other takers? I could cap out at 6 (if there's even that many who want to come). Can they handle that, you think?

CFMOORE!

A small dinner group, then. You in? Have to eat beforehand anyway, so me, Lore, maybe dyls, ...? Any other takers? I could cap out at 6 (if there's even that many who want to come). Can they handle that, you think?

Yeah, I went there and sat with a group of about 7 of us if I recall correctly. That was certainly fine.

Seth C

Come on, people. For only $900 you can have me out there tomorrow night. That's only $50 a person for 18 people!

Yeah, I went there and sat with a group of about 7 of us if I recall correctly. That was certainly fine.

Cool. Did you want to come to the dinner, then? (That lobster cheese thingy looks amazing)

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

I'm in NEWBURY FUCKING PARK.

Searching for NEWBURY FUCKING PARK nets me this:

BsqXd.gif

Come on, people. For only $900 you can have me out there tomorrow night. That's only $50 a person for 18 people!

A steal! In return you'll fly all of us out to the south for their meetup, right?

Ill do dinner. So I dont have to cook for myself. What time?

Thinking 5:30 or 6ish? That way we get food and still have time to perhaps take advantage of a Happy Hour on the way to GG (which starts at 8).

Wow, yall guys really like each other!

lol, I would try to make it out there for dinner. I try to avoid drinking as much as possible.

Explain. No more room?

They don't take reservations and can't handle large groups (from what I've heard). The actual meet up is the Golden Gopher, but I'll be in downtown earlier anyway and have to eat (or I will have to be carried home), so I was just seeing who wanted food beforehand.

Is there still no one from your area to carpool with? :( (Iceman, nooooooooo)

Seth C

They don't take reservations and can't handle large groups (from what I've heard). The actual meet up is the Golden Gopher, but I'll be in downtown earlier anyway and have to eat (or I will have to be carried home), so I was just seeing who wanted food beforehand.

Is there still no one from your area to carpool with? :( (Iceman, nooooooooo)

You ate last time and still pretty much had to be carried home, didn't you?

You ate last time and still pretty much had to be carried home, didn't you?

I... I was fine after the bacon dog... Totally fine. ;_;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3ypVEXtb5s

This sums up my entire relationship with this thread.

I don't know what I just saw BUT I LIKE IT. Does this mean you're wearing short shorts and rocking a mullet right this second?

EDIT: And I just looked up Newbury Fucking Park on google maps. You are faaaaaar away. O_O ... ;_;

Oh, I'll be at the dinner at the cool kids table, "closed up" or not.

You should get there with a large party, take all the tables and then reenact your Denny's gif. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom