• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Mar 24] Downtown LA Meetup of Pool & Vice & Everything Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puddles

Banned
Sorry I had to bail out so early. I just wasn't feeling right. Good to see some familiar faces though. And some other ones that were, well, just odd. I'm talking to you bad pick up line guy.

Sounds like you guys needed me to balance it out. Sorry about that. I didn't sleep much last night, and I took what was supposed to be a power nap and ended up sleeping until 9:30.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Seriously, I found heaven tonight in the valley. We need to go there.

NOOOOOOOO! Not the valley!

oh, okay... if you insist.

Interesting events tonight. From money getting stolen to Europeans crashing the pool games, it was entertaining.

Pics found here

I enjoyed my time with the shark. We were all fools to challenge him...well, that is until I tried very hard to lose so I can go to IHOP...then we end up losing, and the guy we were playing celebrated so hard he threw down his stick and broke it...he ended up getting kicked out of the bar. He came all the way from England and all his friends were still inside. I felt kind of bad but also thought it was funny ;P

Pics found here

I enjoyed my time with the shark. We were all fools to challenge him...well, that is until I tried very hard to lose so I can go to IHOP...then we end up losing, and the guy we were playing celebrated so hard he threw down his stick and broke it...he ended up getting kicked out of the bar. He came all the way from England and all his friends were still inside. I felt kind of bad but also thought it was funny ;P

Haha. Those guys were so aggressive at the table. Big too. He did seem the sort to be kicked out. And, I notice you didn't mention how Lil and I dominated for two games (thanks to a particularly unlucky 8 ball scratch...). ;)

Don't worry they put it in a trust fund for you.

It's all going towards bacon, so yay!

Pics!

HBvWOl.jpg

icWQ6l.jpg

9EltLl.jpg

HMFajl.jpg

aJ6Bml.jpg

kUbO3l.jpg

Ravidrath

Had a great time last night! Great meeting all the people I didn't meet at the KBBQ... which I guess was kind of everyone?

Thanks again for setting it up, H.Pro, and sorry about Walletgate.

Also... where is this meme-y pic I'm apparently in from the KBBQ meetup?

Missed this one. I'm in if y'all ever do another one.

I'm sure there'll be more. ^_^ (Assuming everyone made it out alive again...?) Our group pic was just the hardcore crew that made it to IHOP after the fun. We had more people but some left during the bar part.

My memory is a bit fuzzy on that :D

when I recall my story for a certain person I have a couple of funny observations for that portion of the night!

http://i.imgur.com/wXicN.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Fuzzy, my ass! Lil and I owned you guys (for two sweet games, anyway). But, your suspenders/tie/hat combo did net you the overall wins of the night, I think. :) But man, dat jukebox!

[quote="Ravidrath, post: 36345027"]Had a great time last night! Great meeting all the people I didn't meet at the KBBQ... which I guess was kind of everyone?

Thanks again for setting it up, H.Pro, and sorry about Walletgate.

Also... where is this meme-y pic I'm apparently in from the KBBQ meetup?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for coming! Was great to hang out with everyone (Walletgate will not tarnish these sweet memories), and remember that I still have the photobooth evidence! I'll post a pic of them in a bit, and at the next meet up (should you join) (you will) they will be returned to you, because really, you owned these pictures. Haha. As for the BBQ meme, I found it, but turns out it's not you, so you're safe from the internet for a while longer. Guy could be your cousin, though.

Nothing particularly gif-worthy, but everyone in their AM glory as we waited for our New York Cheesecake pancakes, bacon sides, two-twos and ValiantEffortDrinkingBoy's singular order of decaf coffee.

<<Cloverfield Cam @ IHOP>>

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Bonus pre-game pic!

BjKntl.jpg

I wasn't able to successfully balance a beer on top of my rocket ship, alas ;b

Aw, that's a nice group picture :D

I still have 5 shots left on my disposable so they'll come soon.

LA-Gaf round 3 (4?) must happen soon. Always too much fun at these. And where else can we get an in depth discussion of star wars at 2am in the morning. :)

Your disposable camera made me feel a bit better about my shitty flip phone :)D) and yes, more meet ups would be fun. My liver needs more time, though. :)

Bonus pre-game pic!

http://i.imgur.com/BjKntl.jpg[img]

I wasn't able to successfully balance a beer on top of my rocket ship, alas ;b[/QUOTE]

Mah beer pedestal! The rocket ship was a solid structure, though. I like how the people in the back are all WTF?

Got some more pics too:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DE7Qzl.jpg

bDcPQl.jpg

TzQUql.jpg

q8gN1l.jpg

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Haha. He could never make his mind up on what to order so he stuck with his coffee. Classic.

I'm now officially bummed that I didn't make this. I foolishly decided to go on a 50 mile road ride instead, and while I made it home in plenty of time to make the meet-up, my body rebelled and I woke up face-first on my living room floor an undetermined number of hours later.

Oh, and you'd be surprised by how important your calves are to keeping you upright...

wondermega

god damn it why do I always read about these things like just 2 days after the fact!
can someone PM me next time there's an LA meet or make a facebook event or something :p Looks fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom