• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2012 Thread

Patryn

Yeah, I'm going to have to keep an eye on the PAX Lines twitter feed and jump into line early when I have to.

The one advantage PAX East has is that the main ballroom is freaking HUGE, and they remove the chairs for the concerts, so they can cram a hell of a lot of people in there.

Hero

I think the Boston-GAF meetup turned into the PAX East meetup

I think Saturday would be better, but Friday works; we just need to decide on where we're going after we all meet somewhere (maybe out in front?)

Right now I'm thinking that the best place to meet would be the entrance of the BCEC since everyone knows where that is and I can't imagine too many people would be hanging out there for any other reason.

That will probably work best, but I can't miss the Minibosses :/
How long is the concert? Also, is anyone else interested in the meet up going to the concert? I just pulled a time that seemed okay since the Expo Hall would be closed but if people would prefer a later meet-up I think that would work as well.

Patryn

Right now I'm thinking that the best place to meet would be the entrance of the BCEC since everyone knows where that is and I can't imagine too many people would be hanging out there for any other reason.

How long is the concert? Also, is anyone else interested in the meet up going to the concert? I just pulled a time that seemed okay since the Expo Hall would be closed but if people would prefer a later meet-up I think that would work as well.

Concert runs to close at 2, I believe.

Jarmel

Banned
There has to be a stream or at minimum a recording of Bioware's panel. That's gaming history in the making. All who attend, this is demanded of you.

Patryn

There has to be a stream or at minimum a recording of Bioware's panel. That's gaming history in the making. All who attend, this is demanded of you.

I have little doubt there'll be a recording. But, again, I doubt it'll be streamed.

And it's Bioware's panels. There are two, one for Dragon Age and one for Mass Effect.

Jarmel

Banned
I have little doubt there'll be a recording. But, again, I doubt it'll be streamed.

And it's Bioware's panels. There are two, one for Dragon Age and one for Mass Effect.

There's only one that matters and I think you can figure out which one it'll be.

There's only one that matters and I think you can figure out which one it'll be.
Are you so excited for Dragon Age 3? :p

If Duncan goes, I'm going too. Otherwise I'm too shy. :(

Only attending Saturday and Sunday, but if any gaffers want to hang out Saturday as well, I'd be down for that! Pm me or something. I haven't checked out most of the thead, but the guide app is a lifesaver, allowing me to plan everything I want to do in advanced :). Debating on whether I should do any tournaments. I haven't played any fighters in months, but a friend is pushing me to do it. Will probably look like a fool, but who really cares?

Yeah sounds like the best bet. Maybe at 630 or 7 after the expo hall closes then we can migrate towards downtown

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
You do recall that you could have a female protag in DA:O and DA2, right?

Most likely it'll follow the pattern and have you choose either male or female.

I recall that they kept marketing the Male version. That's what I meant. I know you could roll female.

Strictly want a female only protag, yeah you heard that right. Come at me bros.

lololol never gonna happen :(

Patryn

I recall that they kept marketing the Male version. That's what I meant.

Strictly want a female only protag, yeah you heard that right. Come at me bros.

So you're objecting to just the marketing? Seems to me that you have no problem with the game makers, as they provide you the option to play as you wish.

Odd, but ok.

SDBurton

So you're objecting to just the marketing? Seems to me that you have no problem with the game makers, as they provide you the option to play as you wish.

Odd, but ok.

I don't see what's odd about complaining about the lack of advertisements for female versions of the main character, but ok. :lol

Patryn

I don't see what's odd about complaining about the lack of advertisements for female versions of the main character, but ok. :lol

Oh, there's nothing odd or wrong about that.

But asking that they remove a feature present in a game to solely affect the marketing of that game is a little odd.

Only attending Saturday and Sunday, but if any gaffers want to hang out Saturday as well, I'd be down for that! Pm me or something. I haven't checked out most of the thead, but the guide app is a lifesaver, allowing me to plan everything I want to do in advanced :). Debating on whether I should do any tournaments. I haven't played any fighters in months, but a friend is pushing me to do it. Will probably look like a fool, but who really cares?

You must come and drink with me at a bar!!!!!!!

SDBurton

Oh, there's nothing odd or wrong about that.

But asking that they remove a feature present in a game to solely affect the marketing of that game is a little odd.

Ah, I see. I would like to just see the roles switched I guess? Like the main lead is female but you can make her male? I don't know.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Major Nelson posted what's in the Microsoft Booth for Pax East
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Oh shit, finally. Was wondering where this went.
Be sure to stop by the TwitchTV booth :3

Outside of the that the only place I absolutely won't miss will be the Alienware/TwitchTV party, live Bombcast and State of the Game panels. I'll probably be too busy working the booth and other related stuff to get around too much :(
Eeeeeeey. Will see you there Jared :)

ultron87

What? I don't recall ever having trouble getting into the concerts before, I don't think that line really matters.

Yep. My experience was that waiting in line was a huge waste for the concerts because you could just walk in whenever once the doors open.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BTW I need to sell my Fri/Sun passes if anyone is interested. It's pickup there so they have to be legit.

wondermega

I'm an indie developer and looking to meet up with like-minded folks (devs/media/enthusiasts) at the show. Is there anywhere in particular I should go to find out where such meetups might happen at PAX? Any other folks in this thread who are interested to connect for those reasons?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone know if I can do refunds now? Passes are not being sent to me since I bought late.
I've emailed their support, but I don't think I can get one.

I'm an indie developer and looking to meet up with like-minded folks (devs/media/enthusiasts) at the show. Is there anywhere in particular I should go to find out where such meetups might happen at PAX? Any other folks in this thread who are interested to connect for those reasons?
I can't think of/don't know of any right now, but I guess I'm starting to lump myself into that "indie dev" group now, so sure. :p

Hero

So do we have a solid plan for meet up yet, such as time and location?

Unless people start chiming in with preferences I'm probably just going to say we should meet up Friday night after the Expo Hall closes at the con entrance. We can hang out there or move it elsewhere afterwards that way too.

Not sure about meet ups for that type of stuff but I'm part of an "indie media" site that is non-profit, just for fun type of stuff. What game are you working on? Could probably check out what you have and maybe even do a write-up or something on it.

Mzo

TNL will have a small group representing. We should arrange a West Side Story-style dance fight.

Unless people start chiming in with preferences I'm probably just going to say we should meet up Friday night after the Expo Hall closes at the con entrance. We can hang out there or move it elsewhere afterwards that way too.

My vote is for Saturday. Tinychatters and Neogaf combine to have a meet up. So, like a bunch of gaffers, and like three Tinychatters.

Plus, I'll be seeing a friend on Friday.

Top Bottom