• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2012 Thread

Patryn

"Bioware and Mass Effect" panelists have been named. I kind of feel sorry for them.

Chris Priestly (community coordinator)
Mike Gamble (producer)
Corey Gaspur (combat designer)
Patrick Weekes (writer)
John Dombrow (writer)
Reid Buckmaster (quality assurance)

Gamble's sent out there to take the brunt. Remember that he made quite a few regrettable claims about ME3 leading up to its release.

Weekes was possibly chosen to give those unhappy a possibly sympathetic figure (remember, he may have wrote that post that lambasted Hudson and Walters on the ending).

With Laidlaw and Gaider I agree that DA3 is a foregone conclusion.

PAX East 2012 schedule is up on the Guidebook app, which used to be the Conventionist. It's a free app where you can download the schedule and mark events you want to go to, it can send you advance reminders too.

PAX East 2012 schedule is up on the Guidebook app, which used to be the Conventionist. It's a free app where you can download the schedule and mark events you want to go to, it can send you advance reminders too.

Really glad they decided to endorse Guidebook/Conventionist again.

The "Official" app for PAX Prime 2011 was vastly inferior; I tried it once and immediately went back to Guidebook.

Hero

Almost getting shut down by the Fire Department last year for overcapacity should be a wakeup call for them.

Didn't see this reply the other day. Yeah, I heard that was a disaster and that indeed should have been the wakeup call from them. It's kind of crazy that there were that many fake badges for a convention. Never heard of that before.

And its Gaf made too! Thanks for the shout guys.

http://guidebook.com/g/paxeast2012

Hey stop shilling your wares in the thread, you already were in the OP! Just kidding, the app is great and definitely even improved over last year's version.

Alcander

well its an app unless you are a bb/wp7 user (which I'm assuming he is). We're working on it! We're a small team so we have to prioritize platforms unfortunately.

well its an app unless you are a bb/wp7 user (which I'm assuming he is). We're working on it! We're a small team so we have to prioritize platforms unfortunately.
Yep. I'm WP7 User. Nah it is not really a problem. Gonna print out the important panels before the flight.

Hero

so did we actually decide on something for a meetup yet?

Not yet. Supposedly there's a Boston GAF meet-up in the Off Topic forum that same weekend but they don't have any concrete details.

Was there a GAF meet-up last year at PAX East? If so, how did it go down and where did you guys decide on?

Lexxon

Heading on up with a 3-day pass again! Last year I nabbed my pass with about 2 days before the event (was slow and stupid about buying it, found a seller), and had the girlfriend's BU dorm to crash in nights while she was gone. Was pretty awesome.

This year I didn't plan any accommodations, so for the moment I'm driving down to and from Central MA (~an hour each way) each day. Not the best solution, but I think parking at BCEC is only $12, so it's barely more expensive than parking at Alewife or Riverside, and the commuter rail leaves barely any options for times. (8:00 or 11:30 departure or LOL YER STUCK)

Should still be a blast though. My only concrete plans are the Mass Effect panel (should be FUN!), the Gearbox panel on Sunday, and...well, the rest is really up in the air. Also planning on taking advantage of Target's 3DS deals and getting the $145 red 3DS, and Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D, and Kid Icarus for $80 after B2G1. That'll keep me company in the lines for sure.

jbug617

Banned
Major Nelson posted what's in the Microsoft Booth for Pax East

Kinect Star Wars
Kinect Sports Season2
Steel Battalion
Minecraft
Deadlight
Trials Evolution
Fable Heroes
Bloodforge
Crimson Dragon
Wreckateer
Dust: An Elysian Tail

lol horrible xbox line up :( except for steel Battalion

borderlands 2 D: D: , i might as well stay at the 2K booth, bioshock and borderlands , that location will be packed.

Hero

Guys, what do you say to a GAF meetup Friday night an hour or so after the Expo Hall closes? Meet at the convention and take things from there?

Major Nelson posted what's in the Microsoft Booth for Pax East

Kinect Star Wars
Kinect Sports Season2
Steel Battalion
Minecraft
Deadlight
Trials Evolution
Fable Heroes
Bloodforge
Crimson Dragon
Wreckateer
Dust: An Elysian Tail

Wait, is there a new Steel Battalion game coming out that I missed out on the announcement or something?

Borderlands 2 will be playable indeed! Hope to see you guys there :)

Can't wait. Didn't you guys give away Borderlands 1 to everyone at a PAX panel previously? :p

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Guys, what do you say to a GAF meetup Friday night an hour or so after the Expo Hall closes? Meet at the convention and take things from there?

I will be there, unless I can get into the PAX Game panel (which is apparently renamed Blankety Blank), unless I decide I don't care to go to that. Decisions!

Hero

I will be there, unless I can get into the PAX Game panel (which is apparently renamed Blankety Blank), unless I decide I don't care to go to that. Decisions!
Only a week away, people need to chime in. :p What goes on at the PAX Game panel anyway?

Yes

but it's a Kinect game trololol

imagesqtbnand9gcrxezitm.jpg

Mr Jared

Be sure to stop by the TwitchTV booth :3

Outside of the that the only place I absolutely won't miss will be the Alienware/TwitchTV party, live Bombcast and State of the Game panels. I'll probably be too busy working the booth and other related stuff to get around too much :(

KariOhki

Neo Member
This is my first year going. What are lines for panels like? Long waits? Do they get cut off if there's not gonna be enough room?

I've got a bleh hotel situation too, hopefully everything works out. Gonna be lots of taxi fares in my future.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Who wants to set the O/U on how long it will take each day for the Borderlands 2 line to become completely full?

lookin forward to seeing folks

This is my first year going. What are lines for panels like? Long waits? Do they get cut off if there's not gonna be enough room?

I've got a bleh hotel situation too, hopefully everything works out. Gonna be lots of taxi fares in my future.

Waits can be long, yes but they're not too bad.

They do cut off when they reach capacity though

Be sure to stop by the TwitchTV booth :3

Outside of the that the only place I absolutely won't miss will be the Alienware/TwitchTV party, live Bombcast and State of the Game panels. I'll probably be too busy working the booth and other related stuff to get around too much :(

Tell me more about this Twitch party...

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Can't wait. Didn't you guys give away Borderlands 1 to everyone at a PAX panel previously? :p

We actually gave away copies of Borderlands 2 to our panel attendees! We probably won't go that crazy again but we will have some other cool surprises for our fans! The surprises are pretty neat! :)

will there be any borderlands 2 swag :p

Yep. We are giving away Borderlands 2 Softball Tees for people that play the game. They have the logo up on front and the phrase "MINION 01" on the back. What does that mean? Well.. that's a surprise for when the game comes out ;)

Who wants to set the O/U on how long it will take each day for the Borderlands 2 line to become completely full?

lookin forward to seeing folks

You better drop by the booth to say "Hi!" James!

Omg so awesome... Also by any chance you guys selling anything? I'd love to acquire some merch!

We won't be selling anything there. Just want to show off the game to the fans! We do have a Gearbox Store though. The store occasionally updates with new swag. As we get closer to BL2 launch, we will have a lot more BL2 related stuff.

Patryn

Depending on where your hotel is, you can try to take the T to cut down on taxi fares. I believe the Silver Line goes there (which is actually a bus) or you can grab the Red Line to South Station and walk about 10 minutes.

Just be aware that the T shuts down at about 12:30 a.m.

lol horrible xbox line up :( except for steel Battalion

borderlands 2 D: D: , i might as well stay at the 2K booth, bioshock and borderlands , that location will be packed.
BioShock is not shown on the Expo Hall. There is only a panel.

Floor closes at 6, concert starts at 8:30. You could at least say hi, maybe grab dinner, and not really miss anything.
So I'll wear my HaloGAF shirt on Friday. I should be easy to recognize why I'm the only one who wears it. (Or did Duncan buy the shirt?) Not sure how long I will stay at the Meet up.

Not yet. Supposedly there's a Boston GAF meet-up in the Off Topic forum that same weekend but they don't have any concrete details.
I think the Boston-GAF meetup turned into the PAX East meetup

I think Saturday would be better, but Friday works; we just need to decide on where we're going after we all meet somewhere (maybe out in front?)

nron10

Neo Member
If anybody's worried about not getting to see a panel, go to my panel, Nintendo World Report Connectivity Jeopardy Live!, because I'm pessimistic (we're up against the keynote) and think that there will be a lot of empty seats.

Also, we'll be looking for contestants from the crowd for the Jeopardy, and you'll be able to win stuff ranging from retro games to random game swag. Our Final Jeopardy winner will get an eShop gift card.

But anyway, so excited/nervous for PAX next week...

Floor closes at 6, concert starts at 8:30. You could at least say hi, maybe grab dinner, and not really miss anything.
I'm going to be much much more pessimistic. Concert lines have always been long (especially wristbands are out from previous years), so unless you aren't picky on where you are in the concert space, then 6-8:30 isn't enough time to do ALL that.

Top Bottom