• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Nintendo Direct on April 14

Likely just for Korea to hype up their 3DS launch.

Most other regions will probably just skip it in lieu of the investor conference late this month.

zroid

Banned
I doubt there will be anything of interest for those outside Korea, but it's nice to know they're at least still committed to producing these.

But it's just for Korea, isn't it? I mean, things like Maple Story, the launch titles and such. I wouldn't hope to see anything important for the rest of the world.

wrowa

To quote myself:

The 3DS will launch in South Korea at the end of the month, so it'll probably related to that.

I expect that there'll also be a new Nintendo Direct in Japan, though. They've been doing one every two months, if they continue this schedule another one is due at the end of April.

Since the Directs are pretty much focused on the Japanese market and games that'll release in the near future, I also don't think that the upcoming E3 is a reason for them to take a break this time around.

tsab

I bet we'll get a nintendo direct on 22/23 again like on december and february

edit: if korea gets VVVVVV, mutant mudds and/or cavestory BEFORE pal land I am going to cry

wrowa

Likely just for Korea to hype up their 3DS launch.

Most other regions will probably just skip it in lieu of the investor conference late this month.

The investor conferences didn't prevent Nintendo from doing a new Direct in the past months, though. And the investor meetings and Directs have always been pretty close, iirc.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The investor conferences didn't prevent Nintendo from doing a new Direct in the past months, though. And the investor meetings and Directs have always been pretty close, iirc.

Yes, they did the ND also last October, just some days before the Investors Meeting. And so far, it has always been on the 21st / 22nd of the specific month.

It is a rumor for the rest of the world, not the Korea event.

On my phone, so I hastily wrote the title. My apologies. I'd appreciate a mod edit.

There's actually a decent chance of an NCL Nintendo Direct next week, since they've been on a bimonthly schedule thus far. It'd be only a week or so before the investor briefing, but that didn't stop the first one in October.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This is around the same time Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 info is coming out via CoroCoro and Smash, perhaps it might show up here as well?

Medalion

Banned
After the last Nintendo Direct, not holding my breath or staying up late for it again... it was uber lame... unless they show Love Plus Iwata Asks again :p

Top Bottom