• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 145 |OT| A Special Night with Jon Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ibmX3m4VxxIMgz.jpg

UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans
Date: Saturday, April 21st 2012
City: Atlanta, Georgia
Venue: Philips Arena

MAIN CARD
Starts at 7:00 PM PT / 10:00 PM ET on Pay-Per-View

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c)(-450) vs. Rashad Evans (+325)
Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald (-500) vs. Che Mills (+350)
Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub (-275) vs. Ben Rothwell (+215)
Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres (-120) vs. Michael McDonald (-110)
Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick (-600) vs. Eddie Yagin (+400)
Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek (-450) vs. John Alessio (+325)

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET on FX

Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne (-250) vs. Chad Griggs (+195)
Welterweight bout: Matt Brown (+230) vs. Stephen Thompson (-300)
Lightweight bout: John Makdessi (+160) vs. Anthony Njokuani (-200)
Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig (-190) vs. Efrain Escudero (+155)

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 3:30 PM PT / 6:30 PM ET, free on Facebook.com

Welterweight bout: Keith Wisniewski (+180) vs. Chris Clements (-230)
Featherweight bout: Marcus Brimage (+250) vs. Maximo Blanco (-325)

Official Site
UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans Press Conference
UFC Fight Club Q&A with Chael Sonnen
UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans Weigh-In

UFC Primetime: Jones vs. Evans Episode 1
UFC Primetime: Jones vs. Evans Episode 2
Free Fight - Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Mike Pyle (UFC 133)

ih69ri2tPK2YN.gif
i57dBWYC9VOiT.gif
ibhZgDWuETmXoA.gif

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
really most excited to see wonderboy fight again, even if its against a tool like matt brown

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Will update with betting lines as we get closer to Saturday.

Suga Rashad wants his belt back!

He can dream all he wants but he won't get it back if he fights like he did in his last fight.

really most excited to see wonderboy fight again, even if its against a tool like matt brown

Yeah let's see if his training with GSP paid off to help him against wrestlers.

op_ivy

would love to see evans win (aint happening) just to see bones cry in the cage. he'd have such an epic emo meltdown, i just know it :(

HiResDes

I'm a bit of Jones stan for his work in the ring alone, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Evans beat his ass with all things outside of the ring being considered...I'm just not sure it will happen. If anybody can beat Jones right now, it's Rashad, I don't think anybody else really has a shot.

op_ivy

Hey, I like Matt Brown.

really? why?

I'm a bit of Jones stan for his work in the ring alone, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Evans beat his ass with all things outside of the ring being considered...I'm just not sure it will happen. If anybody can beat Jones right now, it's Rashad, I don't think anybody else really has a shot.

everyone else already had their shot :(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I've never gotten into UFC so I'm sorry that I don't know anything, but how do people afford to watch this? I'd like to watch but I see that the main event is 45 bucks which is pretty obscene. I'm honestly not trolling, I just don't know anything about it and it seems pretty prohibitive to getting into the sport.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs how is this one not in the main card?

I've never gotten into UFC so I'm sorry that I don't know anything, but how do people afford to watch this? I'd like to watch but I see that the main event is 45 bucks which is pretty obscene. I'm honestly not trolling, I just don't know anything about it and it seems pretty prohibitive to getting into the sport.
I believe that the US folks get together on a bar or something to watch it.
In my case i get to see it a week or two later on Fox Sports.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs how is this one not in the main card?

They're gonna pull the Gravedigger to take the Reem's place at 146.

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of their PPV model. You can either get a bunch of friends together and pool your money, go to a bar, or stream it online.

Get some friends together and find a bar that's showing it. UFC is huge to the point that it should be easy to find one that is playing it.

op_ivy

plenty of smaller events on free tv. fx and fuel specifically.

or, find a bar that buys them and watch that way. if i buy one its going in with friends and making an evening of it.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of their PPV model. You can either get a bunch of friends together and pool your money, go to a bar, or stream it online.

Thanks guys. Maybe for this one I'll just check out the preliminary event. I understand where this model came from but it does kind of seem unsustainable in the long term.

tass0

Banned
Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans
Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 5:00 PM PT / 8:00 PM ET on FX

Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 3:30 PM PT / 6:30 PM ET, free on Facebook.com
Featherweight bout: Marcus Brimage vs. Maximo Blanco

picks

lmao

Evans is still living off the fumes of that KO win over Chuck (which we later learned had more to do with Chuck becoming a vegetable). His resume since then has been completely overblown, and he got his ass destroyed by the only competent fighter he faced (Machida).

Pakkidis

I guess I'm one of the few here who think Evans has a serious chance at beating Jones.

I like both fighters equally, but my gut is telling me Evans right now.

alr1ght

I guess I'm one of the few here who think Evans has a serious chance at beating Jones.

I like both fighters equally, but my gut is telling me Evans right now.

Well put some money down. You could make a killing if he wins.

TheNatural

My Member!
Updated:

MAIN CARD
Starts at 10:00 PM ET on Pay-Per-View

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 8:00 PM ET on FX

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 6:30 PM ET, free on Facebook.com

Thanks guys. Maybe for this one I'll just check out the preliminary event. I understand where this model came from but it does kind of seem unsustainable in the long term.
There is a free UFC event coming up soon on Fox that should be good.

Oh and Natural with Best Coast envy as usual. So salty.

alr1ght

yeah that's prob not a good idea to post your ticket with full barcode

$400+$25 inconvenience charge
0049_4gjmj.gif

Heel

Looking through the odds and this line really surprised me. Has Torres fallen this far from grace?

Michael McDonald EV
Miguel Torres -120

Rory/Che best fight on the card...
Best squash match you mean? Yep. Remember Nate Diaz getting tossed around like a ragdoll?

Che Mills "got skills" because he beat Chris Cope. Yeah, Chris Cope. And now this is his next fight.

Questionable matchmaking right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom