• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 214 |OT| Jones vs Cormier 2 - Dad Bod vs Coke Bod ft.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
eGAk3sX.jpg
qk5kFpA.png

"Tame Your Demons" UFC 214 Promo

ZUYoWvk.png

W6YRVW1.gif
vs
K3PbiMl.gif

It's finally here after Bones sidetracked his own career for the love of the coco and other antics 206.2lb champion Daniel Cormier takes on Jon "Bones" Jones for the vacant Light Heavyweight title.

ahbKkvQ.gif
vs
pPY0eDR.gif

The Chosen One Tyron Woodley battles the premier backpack for your back to school needs Demian Maia.

o1LDSAN.gif
vs
NDAFSHV.jpg

Cris Cyborg takes on Tonya Evinger in a sanctioned street fight for the new women's featherweight belt.

Jl4y4CK.gif

Robbie Lawler takes on Cowboy Cerrone in what has the highest outcome for a double KO this year.

Also Jimi Manuwa is taking on Volkan Oezdemir.

UFC Embedded & More:
UFC 214: Inside The Octagon - Cormier vs Jones 2
UFC 214: Inside the Octagon - Woodley vs Maia, Cyborg vs Evinger
UFC 214 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 1
UFC 214 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 2
UFC 214 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 3
UFC 214 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 4
UFC 214 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 5
UFC 214 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 6

poster by bosslogic

ApharmdX

Banned
I'm rooting against Jones of course but he's taking this, another clear unanimous decision.

Woodley should win, he's too powerful for Maia. KO Rd2

The third and final title fight, Cyborg is going to win by mauling. TKO Rd1.

I think Lawler and Cerrone both have a ton of MMA miles on them so it's a hard pick. Lawler should take this, though. TKO Rd2

Jimi Manuwa by KO Rd1.

Finally a decent card on paper. Jones fights usually have a shit undercard. I also didn't know UFC signed Tommaso Ciampa.

Jones is gonna work DC. He's too long, tall and lanky and his wrestling is nullified. The person to beat Jones will be a guy just as big, has good TDD and is striking based. A wrestler will not beat Jones unless its Brock who will toss him.

The Woodley/Maia fight is by far the most interesting fight for me.
I have no idea if Woodley will knock him out before Maia fucks him on the ground.
Kind of like if Conor and Khabib fought.

I have Cerrone winning because he's been active and has to win a big one of these days.
How about you guys???

Cerrone sucks against top competition. He folds. He got destroyed by Pettis. Dominated by Nate. Dominated by RDA. Killed by Masvidal. He got a robbery win against Benson and that's all he's got to speak of in terms of victories against top guys. I really think it's just a mental thing. He just doesn't bring it when it matters most. The best win he has recently is against Eddie Alvarez three years ago, and that was Eddie's UFC debut coming after almost a year out.

Cerrone sucks against top competition. He folds. He got destroyed by Pettis. Dominated by Nate. Dominated by RDA. Killed by Masvidal. He got a robbery win against Benson and that's all he's got to speak of in terms of victories against top guys. I really think it's just a mental thing. He just doesn't bring it when it matters most. The best win he has recently is against Eddie Alvarez three years ago, and that was Eddie's UFC debut coming after almost a year out.
Exactly.
He's due.

Excited for pretty much the entire card. Hoping for Cerrone to win, Woodley to win, Cormier to win. Would be interesting to see someone take Cyborg down, but I doubt it'll happen Either way, excited for tomorrow. Been following much of the media since it was announced and have jumped hard on the hype train.

kikiribu

DC is gonna get a lot of his belly fat blasted tomorrow. Probably lose a knee and an eye in the process, if Jones is indeed still Jones.

Top Bottom