• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 210 Cormier vs. Johnson 2 |OT| Embrace the Grind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not forget the part of the story where Hendo told Chael that he couldn't make it like 2-3 weeks out and Chael had been prepping for Jones. Meanwhile Jones finds out mere days before the ppv about the replacement.

Totally agree. People tend to forget these MINOR details that for some reason escape their minds when they bash him for this instance...

OnPoint

Rumble basically threw the fight so he could retire and go do whatever it is that awaits him outside the UFC. That's why his corner didn't stick around after the fight. Totally ignored the gameplan and took an L on purpose.

I can't understand fighting so hard for so long to get up to #1 just to quit on it like that. He was straight demolishing people before this. I just don't understand what happened.

Probably not, but if that's the case, I think the answer is to make Jones prove himself with a tune up fight rather than "punishing" DC over something he had nothing to do with.

Or just go into it with a clear path towards a last minute replacement, if needed. Have Jimi booked on the card facing another opponent and negotiate ahead of time with all involved that he would be next man up if the main event winds up in jeopardy. And don't build the whole card around that one title fight. Have a title co-main that people will be interested in.

Rumble basically threw the fight so he could retire and go do whatever it is that awaits him outside the UFC. That's why his corner didn't stick around after the fight. Totally ignored the gameplan and took an L on purpose.

Nah. He didn't throw the fight. He didn't get the early KO, fought stupidly, then folded after gassing out. We've seen that song and dance from Rumble before plenty of times. He's hellacious as it comes physically, but just doesn't have the mental toughness to be a UFC champ. If you took Patrick Cote's heart and will and put it in Rumble's body, the dude would be a hall of famer.

Mega

Banned
Lets not forget the part of the story where Hendo told Chael that he couldn't make it like 2-3 weeks out and Chael had been prepping for Jones. Meanwhile Jones finds out mere days before the ppv about the replacement.

Damn, I never knew that. It actually puts Jones in a better light and seems like Chael + whoever else in the UFC knew were pulling some collusion bullshit and trying to get the drop on him.

OnPoint

I wasn't insinuating that you were bragging. That was a genuine "good for you" for rooting for my man Mousasi.

Haha word. Dude's a beast. I guess I'll never understand how or why some people pick who they root for, but I enjoy watching his fights and I hope he has many more to follow.

Haunted

Didn't like this event. Tough year for quality MMA so far.

Mousasi Weidman, what a damn mess.

Another disappointing title fight, the fuck was rumble doing.

MEH

How is Conor not P4P, DC? Especially if you want to consider your multiple weight class criteria?
What's that saying? You're not a real champ until after your first defence.

Conor's been dodging.

Didn't like this event. Tough year for quality MMA so far.

Mousasi Weidman, what a damn mess.

Another disappointing title fight, the fuck was rumble doing.

MEH

What's that saying? You're not a real champ until after your first defence.

Conor's been dodging.

What's that other saying? To be the man you have to beat the man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom