• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 210 Cormier vs. Johnson 2 |OT| Embrace the Grind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumley

Banned
C6aBeagVMAAZcaW.jpg

April 8th, 10PM EST
yxPYC1i.jpg

Can "the scariest man in the light heavyweight division", Anthony "Rumble" Johnson, seal the deal against "King of the Grind" Daniel Cormier?

Can Chris "Trump speaks the truth" Weidman avert a 3 loss streak by defeating Gegard "The Armenian Assassin" Mousasi?

Can Jon Jones get into DC's head by simply gracing the octagon with his presence?

veeE4_.gif

The answers to these questions and more LIVE ON PAY-PER-VIEW THIS SATURDAY

Toq9KhS.jpg

ZHXbriL.gif

UFC 210 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 1
UFC 210 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 2
UFC 210 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 3
UFC 210 Embedded: Vlog Series - Episode 4

*Format for this OP inspired by Plywood

Looking forward to this.

I'm liking Mousasi but this is a tough fight for him.

Expecting DC to grind the life outta Rumble by rd 3.

Why is Will Brooks only 4/11 (-275)? Is this not closer to a "pick-em" fight?

sirap

Cormier's gonna wrestlefuck the shit outta Rumble. Ain't no way he's gonna stand with him like last time. That punch damn near launched DC into the fifth dimension.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I personally think DC will win, but friend thinks Rumble gonna KO DC within the first two rounds.

Even if the main event now gets cancelled since the OT is up I'm still looking forward to the undercard, especially Brooks vs the other Oliveira.

Camwi

If the MMA gods are kind, Rumble will become the new champ and eventually set a new record for most 1st round KOs in a row.

Also, Mousasi will fuck up Weidman.

Even if the main event now gets cancelled since the OT is up I'm still looking forward to the undercard, especially Brooks vs the other Oliveira.

Fake Cowboy should be considered "the other Oliveira".

Calderc

DC and Rumble got this shit on lock with their newly developed weight transferring technique. It'll revolutionise the sport.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/4/7...-because-of-fighters-breast-implants-mma-news

A bout from UFC 210 has been reportedly cancelled at the very last minute by the New York State Athletic Commission. Strawweights Cynthia Calvillo vs. Pearl Gonzalez was supposed to happen on the pay-per-view portion of the card, but after the official weigh ins, the NYSAC scrapped Gonzalez from bout.

The reason? They do not allow breast implants.

What in the actual fuck.

NYSAC is really trying to throw their weight around when it comes to the mixed martials.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Implants arent allowed in combat sports
Doesnt Tate have implants and hasnt she fought.

I cant believe the lengths Cormier has gone to in order to appease Cain's broken down ass.

Moved weight classes so his boy could rule (haha) the Heavyweight division. Cormier would have wrecked shop at heayweight and not end his career short with these brutal weight cuts.

geardo

DC gonna outlast and finish Rumble again.

Chris gonna go Moose hunting.

Meh card otherwise. Some solid fights, but nothing special. 211 gonna be great though.

phaonaut

Whats is everyones picks for main and co-main?

I was leaning DC/Chris, but the weigh-ins have me thinking rumble/chris.

dopplr

I cant believe the lengths Cormier has gone to in order to appease Cain's broken down ass.

Moved weight classes so his boy could rule (haha) the Heavyweight division. Cormier would have wrecked shop at heayweight and not end his career short with these brutal weight cuts.

Then again, because of he dropped down the dude is ragdolling damn near everyone. Size/reach disadvantages don't matter when you can close the distance as well as he can and lift a fucking 6'5 dude like he's made of air. I think it was a smart choice looking back.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Are we going to actually have a card where the main/co-main are both a) good and b) not cancelled?

We were one towel-lean away! (albeit the fight would have gone on, just not for a belt)

pr0cs

Implants arent allowed in combat sports
Doesnt Tate have implants and hasnt she fought.
They are allowed, just not by this NY State athletic commission.
It's serious bullshit because they knew she had them ,still made the fight and enforced weight ins and then pull this shit after.

What a Mickey mouse athletic commission

Then again, because of he dropped down the dude is ragdolling damn near everyone. Size/reach disadvantages don't matter when you can close the distance as well as he can and lift a fucking 6'5 dude like he's made of air. I think it was a smart choice looking back.

I mean he was in some major wars with Jon Jones and Gus regardless of being able to pick dudes up and slam them.

Oscar

Whats is everyones picks for main and co-main?

I was leaning DC/Chris, but the weigh-ins have me thinking rumble/chris.
DC/Mousasi.

Rumble gives you one round of fury then mentally checks out when he realizes you aren't going out easily.

Chris is on a two fight losing streak and just seems to be showing up for a check lately. He doesn't seem bothered/hungry despite dropping two in a row.

Mousasi looks very motivated despite always seeming nonchalant, he's not overlooking Chris at all.

Nah. At HW he was faster and had a cardio advantage over his opponents. He also had strength and athleticism over the vast majority of them. He would have had an easier path. At LHW, he sacrifices strength, depletes his body before every fight and no longer has a speed or cardio advantage. The move to LHW definitely put his body through the ringer much more than HW would have.

They are allowed, just not by this NY State athletic commission.
It's serious bullshit because they knew she had them ,still made the fight and enforced weight ins and then pull this shit after.

What a Mickey mouse athletic commission

Tate was allowed to fight at UFC 205 at Madison Square Garden. So the NYSAC is inconsistent at best with that rule.

Camwi

He was ragdolling everyone at HW, too.

Camwi

The heavyweight division is way too volatile to assume one guy could have just stepped in and dominated, especially a guy who was dominated himself by a bigger/stronger LHW.

In all fairness, Jon Jones is a special case.

You're right in that you never know what'll happen at HW, but I could see Cormier being champion.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Thinking Rumble has best shot to take this now.

DC cheating the weigh in. Not having Cain or Rockhold pre fight camp.

The heavyweight division is way too volatile to assume one guy could have just stepped in and dominated, especially a guy who was dominated himself by a bigger/stronger LHW.

That's mostly due to KO power but Cormier has a decent enough chin and a solid base so it's hard to see anyone at HW that would avoid getting Couture'd for 5 rounds.

That's mostly due to KO power but Cormier has a decent enough chin and a solid base so it's hard to see anyone at HW that would avoid getting Couture'd for 5 rounds.

Cain has cardio for days and a pretty solid chin and even he got caught. Those guys are just too big and strong. There's a reason that belt has bounced around like it has.

Chumley

Banned
Thinking Rumble has best shot to take this now.

DC cheating the weigh in. Not having Cain or Rockhold pre fight camp.

It's been 2 years but Rumble still doesn't have anything for DC besides his fists. Even with the time to prepare that he didn't have last time, I don't see how this goes any differently. He hit DC in the first match with one of the biggest bombs he's ever given anyone, and DC shot back up immediately.

Nice work Chumley.

Thanks. :)

Cain has cardio for days and a pretty solid chin and even he got caught. Those guys are just too big and strong. There's a reason that belt has bounced around like it has.

Cain has persistent injuries and when he's not trying to Goldberg spear his opponent, he's painfully plodding. DC at HW was very different.

Cain has persistent injuries and when he's not trying to Goldberg spear his opponent, he's painfully plodding. DC at HW was very different.

The injuries aren't the reason he lost the belt to JDS. He got got. By a guy we later learned he was significantly better than. It can happen to anybody is I'm saying. I'm not saying D.C. Couldn't have won the title, I'm just not sure he or anyone could dominate that division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom