• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 205 at MSG |OT| Conor McGregor vs Eddie Alvarez | Who Da Fook Are These Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate's frame is indeed that of a 170lber just like McGregor's frame is more suited to 155 than 145. Nate is a lightweight not a welterweight, but that's mostly down to him not carrying all that much muscle on his frame. But if you look at his actual build he is closer to a welter than a lightweight.

I still favor Conor at 155lb over Nate mostly because I think Conor has better cardio at 155 than at 170. And I think he's the more skilled fighter.

Nate is still a tough style match up for him though no doubt. 3rd fight won't be easy for McGregor when it happens

Haunted

untitled-11sksvo.gif
"I apologize.....to absolutely NOBODY the double champ does what the fook he wants!"
This guy.

This fucking guy. :lol

Amazing event.

That fight was reminisce of Silva vs Griffin.

Wouldnt be surprised to find out Eddie got layed out during camp which im pretty sure happened to Griffin before that fight.

geardo

This doesn't have anything to do with the recent discussion here, but I just remembered that the PlayStation Event Viewer didn't shit out on me at all during the entire PPV. I was pleasantly surprised.

RR30

Props to Woodley. Dude doesn't deserve the hate.

Agreed. Been a fan of his since his early SF days. I'd like to see a rematch between the two though if Conor wants to be dumb and get KO'd at 170 I wouldn't mind that fight either.

Chumley

Banned
So wtf happened to Wonderboys kickboxing ?

Did he just not trust it in this fight ?

He said in the presser that he was being overly cautious of Woodley's out of nowhere bombs, which he ended up catching anyway. Next time he's going all out he said, which IMO if he would have done from the beginning would have wrecked Woodley.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
He said in the presser that he was being overly cautious of Woodley's out of nowhere bombs, which he ended up catching anyway. Next time he's going all out he said, which IMO if he would have done from the beginning would have wrecked Woodley.
He's gonna get fucked up. Only thing that gave him a chance was how conservative he played it. And even then Woodley could have easily finished him but for a ridiculous mistake. If he comes in hard on Woodley then TKO1 for Woodley next time.

Wonderboy tried that in the first round and it cost him big. Woodley timed him perfectly, caught the kick and punished him on the ground for it.

I do think it's worth the risk though. But Woodley will be more comfortable with his striking next, I imagine, and with more time to prepare, I think the second fight will be very hard to predict.

god this even was so hype. Definitely my favorite event to watch live (at a sports bar) ever. Everyone was so fooken hype. All the matches were memorable, except maybe the miesha tate one which was just kinda depressing, but after that it was all fire works

Mcgregors wild ride continues

I think that makes little sense to begin with. The huge advatange he has with his kicks is what separates him from the rest. It also gives him the ability to keep distance for the most part.

Mr.NiceGuy

Eddie words 9 months ago on the gameplan to beat Conor:

"There's a simple way to win against this guy and nobody seems to be doing it. It's really frustrating to watch."
"Yes (take him down)! I feel like he'll look foolish. I honestly feel it could be an embarrassment. It could be like everyone in the crowd going, 'Wow, that was it? Why didn't anybody else do that?' It could be that surprising to people. That's how I feel. We just haven't seen him there." - Eddie Alvarez (Feb 2016)

lol

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Props to Woodley. Dude doesn't deserve the hate.

Agreed, I felt so bad for Woodley. Dude has a tough fight against a really solid competitor like Wonderboy, and is left kind of defending himself about the outcome to Joe and a hostile crowd. Then there's all the shenanigans with the wording of the decision... what a shit-show.

What I love so much about the Woodley/Thompson fight is that it answered so many questions.

Can Woodley even touch Wonderboy? Can Woodley go to distance if necessary? Can Wonderboy take Woodley's power? I'm pleased to say the answer to all of these questions were yes, and especially the last one.

Woodley/Thompson is right up there in the running with Lawler/Condit and McGregor/Diaz II for FOTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom