• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwayne

Joanne Calderwood was on the main card for that show and was ranked in the top 10 of her division. After her previous fight she posted on instagram about how not getting one of the performance bonuses meant that she didn't have enough money to be able to afford to train and would have to work another job to save up the money to be able to do so. The UFC should be embarrassed by this sort of thing.

FWIW They since gave her a bonus and a new contract she's very happy with.

Nothing about what he did was unsporting. He wanted an illegal timeout, the ref didn't say anything, he kept fighting as per the rules of the Octagon.

If the ref had stopped it and he still punched that's unsporting.

If his eye was hanging out or his leg was clearly broke I'd agree with you to an extent. But he was just holding his finger. Fuck that. Game on m8.

Yeah, you just clearly don't understand what sportsmanship actually is.

Everything you listed as inspiring would actually be illegal as in against the rules.

A more accurate example would be seeing that an opponents mouthpiece came out and stepping back when there's a lull in the action and pointing it out because the ref missed it vs ignoring it and continue to fight because it's not against the rules.

You can very very easily live off the interest of what he has in the bank.

Intrest rates are garbage right now and have been for a few years. He's not likely living off that.

Net Worth is an approximation of wealth which includes illiquid assets. So not only is it an estimate but a good chunk of whatever is being calculated isn't actual spending money.

So there's no telling how much money he actually hasm... could be more, could be less.

Yeah, you just clearly don't understand what sportsmanship actually is.

Everything you listed as inspiring would actually be illegal as in against the rules.

A more accurate example would be seeing that an opponents mouthpiece came out and stepping back when there's a lull in the action and pointing it out because the ref missed it vs ignoring it and continue to fight because it's not against the rules.

I do mate, it's just that giving someone the chance to get a break when there's no need for it isn't good sportsmanship, it's being an idiot.

Like I said, if someone has an eye hanging out, or leg broken, or is already knocked out, don't hit them. If he's being a pussy about a hurt finger and tries to hide behind the ref, keep fucking going until the ref tells you not to.

pants

Werdum should have knocked that clown the fuck out when he called for a 'time out' or whatever the fuck it is he was thinking he was doing.

zewone

I feel like Travis knows that Edmond is a terrible coach (which is why he didn't defend him when he got kicked).

He's just sticking around for Ronda.

Fox318

Brendan Schaub On CM Punk

Gall on with Helwani

At the weigh in for the Punk fight Gall told him:

"You're an actor, you're still acting, you're acting hard. You know what's gonna happen tomorrow?

I'm gonna hurt you."

DDW6De0.gif

Fox318

I feel like Travis knows that Edmond is a terrible coach (which is why he didn't defend him when he got kicked).

He's just sticking around for Ronda.

Travis probably doesn't know how to defend anymore.

We know he lost the ability to strike.

pants

Travis needs to a) go to bellator and regain confidence
b) get the fuck away from edmond
c) preferably both

I do mate, it's just that giving someone the chance to get a break when there's no need for it isn't good sportsmanship, it's being an idiot.

Like I said, if someone has an eye hanging out, or leg broken, or is already knocked out, don't hit them. If he's being a pussy about a hurt finger and tries to hide behind the ref, keep fucking going until the ref tells you not to.

Sure. And if a guy gets poked in the eye, kick him in the kidney on his blind side! It's stupid not to! /s

Sorry but your stance here is awful and not at all in the spirit of competition. If the guy has a legitimate fight stopping injury there is no harm in not pressing the advantage and the fight will be called anyways. If he doesn't, a few seconds of him appealing to the ref isn't going to change anything for the healthy fighter at all.

A broken or dislocated finger is not the same as doubling over from a liver shot or limping due to let damage and the injury does not need to be a blatantly broken limb or an (eye hanging out of its socket) for it to be a decent thing to do to let him get checked out.

Broken hands, feet, fingers, toes, even fractures to the eye socket and cheek bones aren't always obvious and can end careers if bad enough. If the fighter chooses to continue and not say anything about it, that's one thing. Ok, the onus is off the healthy fighter.

And saying a guy is a pussy for getting a non-standard injury and indicating it to the ref is some real "Just bleed bro!" bullshit for real. It's a sport. There's nothing wrong with stopping due to an injury.

CM Punk is set for life guys. Dude can go home and play Wii all day while every now and then getting up from the couch and go bang AJ. If he ever wants anymore money the guy can hit up a Comic-con they'll pay him 20,000 to 40,000 to show up for two days for an autograph signing.

AysQ5yICIAI4ABM.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Someone should have told Punk that you're allowed to call timeouts.

This whole timeouts thing is such a game-changer. Who would have known that Browne and Targaryans were so far ahead of the game. Honestly I would have thought Jackson would have come up with it first, but go figure. Surprising that Targaryans didn't use it in the Ronda fight, but maybe that result is what got his creative strategic juices flowing?

Trojan X

Banned
CM Punk is set for life guys. Dude can go home and play Wii all day while every now and then getting up from the couch and go bang AJ. If he ever wants anymore money the guy can hit up a Comic-con they'll pay him 20,000 to 40,000 to show up for two days for an autograph signing.

AysQ5yICIAI4ABM.jpg

Fuck. That alone burns hard inside... Damn, AJ is hot and tight. *bite lip* Lucky sob.

To add to the list, CM is still in hot demand to be an announcer and both him AJ smartly saved up much of their WWE earnings and still maintain living a very comfortable life rather than a lavish one, in fact they have enough to retire right now if they wanted to. Unless they make stupid mistakes, which they won't, they would never ever fall into any money predicaments and they can generally get whatever they like without issues. That sounds like a win-win to me despite the amount of money Punk spent on his training though I'm sure part of that training was also sponsored by Dana, i.e. more money saved.

Smart guy + Smart & hot girl = jealousy to everyone else.

Fox318

AysQ5yICIAI4ABM.jpg
Except now instead of proving the critics wrong he proved them right.

Losses like that can be tough to get over no matter how much money you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom