• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 145 |OT| A Special Night with Jon Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not really seeing the Gus hype to be honest. He isn't ready for a top tier Light Heavyweight.

It would be funny to see JBJ flash KO'd like Can Velasquez, but no way it happens. Fallout would be epic.

So true. The fallout from Cain's loss provided days of entertainment. Jones losing would be even better.

Aqkpg_ACMAEiJf4.jpg

rofl

WrikaWrek

Banned
Machida couldn't do it, and Shogun got decimated.

Rashad hasn't a chance of winning, unless he has a master class LNP game plan.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Like the last two times Jones has fought, I want him to lose for the fallout. But I know he's untouchable.

ScOULaris

I'm invested in the story between these two as much as anyone, but I have a feeling that this fight will be finished rather easily by Jon Jones. I'm predicting a 2nd or 3rd round submission.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
If your definition of poetry is a tall Norwegian man jabbing at a steroid using Brazilian, then yes it was poetry

Swedish ffs! :(

Picks:

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c) vs. Rashad Evans
Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Che Mills
Heavyweight bout: Brendan Schaub vs. Ben Rothwell
Bantamweight bout: Miguel Torres vs. Michael McDonald
Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Eddie Yagin
Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. John Alessio

PRELIMINARY CARD

Heavyweight bout: Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs
Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson
Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Anthony Njokuani
Lightweight bout: Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero

PRELIMINARY CARD
Starts at 3:30 PM PT / 6:30 PM ET, free on Facebook.com

Welterweight bout: Keith Wisniewski vs. Chris Clements
Featherweight bout: Marcus Brimage vs. Maximo Blanco

No clue who a lot of these people are, so mental coinflips.

Bummed that I couldn't afford to go the the Ultimate event here in Stockholm. Not the most exciting card, but would've been cool to experience. Also didn't see any fighters out on the town this weekend :/ Feels like I missed out.

SteveWD40

McDonald Mills still baffles me. I like Che, seen him fight live and he is a good journeyman, but Rory put a fucking beatdown on Condit, he is easily in line for a title fight eliminator and he gets Mills?

I would make a blood sacrifice to see Jones get his ass beaten, but I don't see Rashad being the man to do it.

Heel

McDonald Mills still baffles me. I like Che, seen him fight live and he is a good journeyman, but Rory put a fucking beatdown on Condit, he is easily in line for a title fight eliminator and he gets Mills?

I would make a blood sacrifice to see Jones get his ass beaten, but I don't see Rashad being the man to do it.

I seriously doubt Joe Silva had Che Mills as his first choice. Who knows who turned him down.

I don't think they should be rushing a 22 year old kid anyway, even if he does have 6 years experience. Build him a little and let him get some experience. In the end he still lost to Conduit. GSP would destroy this kid right now.

They could always build a nice revenge angle if Nick decides to fight again.

SteveWD40

I seriously doubt Joe Silva had Che Mills as his first choice. Who knows who turned him down.

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

If Che scores a lucky KO and the upset I wouldn't be totally shocked either, but he would probably lose 9/10 to a guy like Rory.

Dysun

I really think Rory is the 2nd best 170 lber on the planet right now. I dont know a thing about Che Mills and I have supreme confidence he will get run over

I am trying to think of a fighter more dis-likable than Jones. Dude is a bigger douche than prime Tito. I find it funny how hes so hated by the MMA community and it seems many people are backing another hated fighter in Evans over Jones. Evans has been very humbled since the Machida fight IMO.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I am trying to think of a fighter more dis-likable than Jones. Dude is a bigger douche than prime Tito. I find it funny how hes so hated by the MMA community and it seems many people are backing another hated fighter in Evans over Jones. Evans has been very humbled since the Machida fight IMO.

i know rashad is hated, and tito too, but both of those guys at least embraced their arrogant side. jones just has heel denial. i think i'd like the guy (ever so slightly more) if he didnt come across as a goody two-shoes that is oblivious to how damn cocky he is.

who cares if he might or might not be a douche? Dude beats the piss out of people. In a world where GSP is laying his way to wins, that's exciting and that's what counts. That's what people want to see. I have no idea what kind of person Jones is in real life, and since I will probably never meet him, I don't care. I like him because he goes out and destroys fools (like the one in your avatar, which probably accounts for a lot of the hate, he's destroyed a lot of fan and MMA-GAF favorites) and doesn't look to win by points or by decision. This is what people WANT and here's a guy that does it.

who cares if he might or might not be a douche? Dude beats the piss out of people. In a world where GSP is laying his way to wins, that's exciting and that's what counts. That's what people want to see. I have no idea what kind of person Jones is in real life, and since I will probably never meet him, I don't care. I like him because he goes out and destroys fools (like the one in your avatar, which probably accounts for a lot of the hate, he's destroyed a lot of fan and MMA-GAF favorites) and doesn't look to win by points or by decision. This is what people WANT and here's a guy that does it.

Touche. He is entertaining and I will watch his fight just so I can see him lose. Once he gets brutality KO'd it will be one of the most glorious moments in MMA history. MMA ain't fun if you like everyone.

SteveWD40

I dont know a thing about Che Mills

Nasty Muay Thai, notable for handing Zaromskis two losses and derailing his hype train 4 years ago. Exiting, good guy, some skills but journeyman through and through with limited wrestling and ground game.

Jon Jones is one of those rare phenoms who just completely dominates his sport for years, a la Michael Jordan.

He's not going anywhere anytime soon and I can only hope that Rashad puts up a decent fight.

I didn't realize how many gaffers seem to dislike bones.

I thought that was just a sherdog phenomenon.

Also, he is going to wreck Rashad :p

Dysun

Jones just crushed 3 fan favorites in a row. There are alot of salty fan boys out there.

I know I was pissed when he tooled Shogun
That gif of him tapping out...... UGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom