• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power: NoA a step ahead again; NPC Pikmin 2 to reach the US in June already

Shiggy

Hey, New Play Control! Pikmin 2 — what took you so long?

The latest issue of Nintendo Power claims the motion-controlled strategy game is finally going to reach North America later this year, presumably to tide you over until Pikmin 3 and remind gamers who Olimar and Louie actually are.

The enhanced Pikmin 2 originally hit Europe exactly three years ago, but you North Americans can enjoy it for yourself later this year.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/pikmin_2_finally_reaches_north_american_wiis_soon

In the meantime, Europe gets Project Zero 2: Wii Edition.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Promo for Pikmin 3 arriving a couple of months later on WiiU.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL

It's like "Boy, we should probably release something. Oh, look what I found in the dumpster!"

LOL...exactly.

I have never played Pikmin--should I get the NPC version? It's pretty cheap.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wow. If this is possible, maybe Europe will get Excitebots at some point after all?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
LOL

It's like "Boy, we should probably release something. Oh, look what I found in the dumpster!"

Hey, it's better late then never. :p

What is more interesting is that a release so close to Pikimin 3 makes me think that they surely have kept the awesome Wiimote controls as an option for the third one. Surely they wouldn't release this if they were completely abandoning the control scheme...... Right?

It's almost like they sat on it for years on the off chance that they would need to release it at the end of its life.

Though... this could be good to help promote a Pikmin 3 coming out later this year.

Shiggy

LOL

No, it's more something like this:
NCL: "Wait, you haven't released Pikmin 2? But we're going to do Pikmin 3 this year!"
NOA: "But why? We're done with Wii games now."
NCL: "Do it!"
NOA: "Right, you know, we never said "never"."
NCL: "NOW!"

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Hey, it's better late then never. :p

What is more interesting is that a release so close to Pikimin 3 makes me think that they surely have kept the awesome Wiimote controls as an option for the third one. Surely they wouldn't release this if they were completely abandoning the control scheme...... Right?

Wii remotes are a valid Wii U control scheme, so... sure.

Jackano

Damn, this is weird, since it's... the logical thing to do.
But basically, I think this is a confirmation, -if we still needed it- of the Pikmn 3 release this year.

Enjoy this game, US GAF!

zroid

Banned
So what's the general consensus on the NPC scheme for the Pikmin games? Better/worse/neutral compared to GC? I'll probably get this regardless since I missed it on GC.

I went on a freaking mission a couple of months ago to attain a PAL copy of the game.

I never played the game before, it was fantastic. I REGRET NOTHING!

Orayn

Some bizarre series of events lead to me not getting Pikmin 2 on Gamecube. This will remedy that situation nicely.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Makes sense.

They want the series to get more press before part three is unveiled for the Wii U.

Ridley327

Well, that's one way to build up hype for Pikmin 3.

I hope they offer the Wiimote controls as an option in Pikmin 3; they're pretty awesome.

tumblr_lzvip0ZYeT1r3zat8.jpg

I can't even 'lol' at this... seriously... I have the smilies to right of these words but using them would be disingenuous, this isn't funny, it really is just sad.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Does that mean there is a chance for Last Window?

Yeah I've been waiting for this ever since Iwata said they were going to start localizing titles to fill up the barren DS line-up after the 3DS released. But I've pretty much given up hope on that, and finally will be importing this Summer.

Can't believe I actually waited THIS long lol.

Top Bottom