• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power: NoA a step ahead again; NPC Pikmin 2 to reach the US in June already

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
i should sell my gc copy while it's worth something.
Heh. Good move. I've been waiting (blindly) for this. Between this, Xenoblade,Fatal Frame and The Last Story things are looking Xbo.....er good.

Now let's see if NOA is just crazy and does a private/limited release of Disaster, Doshin NPC or dare I say it…NPC Wind Waker.

Boney

Banned
Maybe we'll get the HD compilation after 2 years NOE gets it.

I never played the second one, pikmin fans, which is the better of the two?

I think 2 is better because the team had a better grasp of what works and what not, but the caves and no more time limit really hurt the game. It's definately a great game though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe we'll get the HD compilation after 2 years NOE gets it.

I think 2 is better because the team had a better grasp of what works and what not, but the caves and no more time limit really hurt the game. It's definately a great game though.

Those two exact points are what a lot of 2 fans would point to when they said why 2 was better than 1. Shrug.

Speevy

Banned
Pikmin's main appeal is the time limit, which may or may not be your cup of tea.

In every other area, from enemy types to gameplay variety to graphics and extras, Pikmin 2 flattens its predecessor.

mollipen

When taking all factors into consideration (library, resources, marketshare, consumer base, so on and so on), I seriously cannot think of a publisher that I personally find more useless than Nintendo of America.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Heh. Good move. I've been waiting (blindly) for this. Between this, Xenoblade,Fatal Frame and The Last Story things are looking Xbo.....er good.

Now let's see if NOA is just crazy and does a private/limited release of Disaster, Doshin NPC or dare I say it…NPC Wind Waker.

It should be interesting to see what Nintendo releases for the Wii's big holiday title. I know they have Kirby's collection, but what else? Maybe a localization of Disaster...... :lol yeah right.

It should be interesting to see what Nintendo releases for the Wii's big holiday title. I know they have Kirby's collection, but what else? Maybe a localization of Disaster...... :lol yeah right.

You would think Nintendo would try to keep the Wii alive for another holiday season, wouldn't you? That makes total sense.

I think we'll be lucky if we get some new Nintendo Selects.

BD1

Banned
Here we go. NoA's strategy to fill all the dead space between now and Wii U is going to be to bring all the games it ignored on the first go around to the states. Disaster: DoC is coming, I can feel it!

That being said, I will pick this up.

Heropon

I'm impressed at NOA's efficiency, congratulations. I didn't have a GC, but thanks to this release I could enjoy this game three years ago.

1-D_FTW

LOL

It's like "Boy, we should probably release something. Oh, look what I found in the dumpster!"

More like, "Oh, shit. We've got a new Pikmin coming out for WiiU?"

*Reggie runs to to the dumpster*

*Reggie emerges from the dumpster covered in shit*

"Look what I found. Let's build some brand awareness, boys and girls."

NPC Pikmin 2? In June?(Thats really cutting it close...) FUCK YEA! I wanted to play this before Pikmin 3 and seriously considered paying $70 for a used GameCube copy with stupid controls. (At least fo me)

Thank you NOA! THANK YOU!!!'

Rehynn

I honestly thought this was a bumped thread.

Interestingly enought, I picked up a brand new copy of NPC Pikmin 2 for about $14 earlier today.

KevinCow

Banned
NPC Pikmin 2? In June?(Thats really cutting it close...)

I'm assuming June because they're announcing Pikmin 3 at E3 in early June.

Maybe that was the plan all along. They knew Pikmin 3 was coming, so they were waiting to make the announcement so they could put out NPC Pikmin 2 shortly thereafter to ride off of the hype. But then Pikmin 3 kept changing and eventually got pushed to Wii U, and now here we are.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I'm assuming June because they're announcing Pikmin 3 at E3 in early June.

Maybe that was the plan all along. They knew Pikmin 3 was coming, so they were waiting to make the announcement so they could put out NPC Pikmin 2 shortly thereafter to ride off of the hype. But then Pikmin 3 kept changing and eventually got pushed to Wii U, and now here we are.

This makes the most sense.

Top Bottom