• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nukezilla Rumor: Durango's processor is the mythical ARM/x86 hybrid lochness monster

Proelite

BC-Yukon.jpg

Courtesy of Nukezilla:
http://nukezilla.com/2012/05/02/exc...ave-backwards-compatibility-10-year-lifespan/

Emitan

I keep reloading their site to get the layout to look proper...and then I realized that's just what the site looks like.

kneePat

Didn't we have a thread about this a few minutes ago that got locked, I assume due to the doubtful nature of this (i.e. it sounded like complete bullshit) ?

Also the article never once mentions "Durango" and is from like 4 days ago.

Satchel

Banned
So nukezilla just quickly whipped this up in word and created a story?

Or whipped it up based on info they think they actually have?

cilonen

So nukezilla just quickly whipped this up in word and created a story?

Or whipped it up based on info they think they actually have?

Powerpoint. They've also (hopefully) missed some digits from the GPU's ALU count. If it only has 64 it's going to be shit.

Cipherr

This months thread titles have been the worst. I was expecting a real true to life leak, this seems like another rumor.

Majanew

Banned
Yay, fake specs.

And great job not putting 'rumor' in the title. Might as well put 'FAKE:' at the beginning of the thread title.

Shanks

This makes no sense. X86 and ARM are separate architectures. You don't have hybrid X86/ARM CPUs. This can't be real. Someone prove me wrong please.

itsgreen

Fuck you rollercoaster that's called 720 rumours!

It goes from excitement, to disappointment, corkscrew through excitement, big dip into disappointment

One moment were dealing with an X86 AMD hybrid thing, the next a 16 core PPC monster with 7 series AMD card and now this disappointing thing.

Although this could be because there are indeed two types of consoles...

JordanKZ

Lol, this is insanely fake.

x86 and ARM architectures are completely different things. You cannot have both at the same time... Why do you think Microsoft had to make a completely different version of Windows 8 for ARM systems?

cilonen

Fuck you rollercoaster that's called 720 rumours!

It goes from excitement, to disappointment, corkscrew through excitement, big dip into disappointment

One moment were dealing with an X86 AMD hybrid thing, the next a 16 core PPC monster with 7 series AMD card and now this disappointing thing.

Although this could be because there are indeed two types of consoles...

Or it could be because this has been pulled out of thin air by someone with barely a passing interest in technology and a list of current computing acronyms.

Top Bottom