• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nukezilla Rumor: Durango's processor is the mythical ARM/x86 hybrid lochness monster

This looks hilariously bad XD

Whats even the point of having 2 kinect cameras side by side?

Kinect-v2.jpg

Durante

Well, I guess this confirms that Durango is a tablet.

Seriously, these specs are almost certainly made up on the spot. Please don't give them hits.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Obviously fake, the X888 is going to be way more powerful than this imaginary fail box

Why Cortex A15 and not ARMv8 64bit?

EDIT:

If Nintendo was smart Wii U would have been an ARM/IMGTEC powered console launched at or near a small set top box price point. If Nintendo was smart...

They are using an ARM chip for their I/O processor.

I understand that. But there's also a doubled clock. So you have 33% more shaders and a 2x factor in clock. 360: 240 Shaders @ 500 MHz = 240 Gigaflops vs 320 shaders at 1 GHz = 640 gigaflops. Assuming identical archicture that about 2.7X in terms of flops.

I've actually never heard of this site before. Is there any reason to think anything here is legit.

Considering PS4's GPU is going to be over 1800 GFLOPs, I have no reason to believe Xbox 3 will be that far behind. This thing is clearly fake. I didn't even click the link as I didn't want to give it an extra hit.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Considering PS4's GPU is going to be over 1800 GFLOPs, I have no reason to believe Xbox 3 will be that far behind. This thing is clearly fake. I didn't even click the link as I didn't want to give it an extra hit.
Really? Spill the beans!

i-Lo

Still come up short by around 700 GFlops for what is required to run Samaritan @ 1080p.

Btw, I didn't hear of this 1.8 tflops before. New rumour I suppose.

Really? Spill the beans!

Brain_stew talked about it in another thread for the most part (didn't see all the posts). I'm just plugging in a hole here and there. :)

Still come up short by around 700 GFlops for what is required to run Samaritan @ 1080p.

Btw, I didn't hear of this 1.8 tflops before. New rumour I suppose.

The change from MSAA to FXAA in Samaritan might make it possible based on a past discussion with Alstrong. Most people wouldn't be the wiser as long as it's running in 1080p/30.

Again a rumor that is part true. Just two days ago it was confirmed that ALL AMD HSA fusion APUs and SOCs would have an Arm processor included for security. This was found by onQ123 who has been very active finding information about Next generation PS4 which is also going to support AMD HSA. IT's not confirmed but Durango could be X86 and AMD HSA Fusion GPU similar or even, who knows, exactly the same SOC...remember microsoft-sony.com and sony-microsoft.com

AMD HSA can support other processors and still be full HSA but it would seem to me that the libraries created by AMD are a big advantage for next generation and they are written for X86. With that combined with needing 3 PPC CPUs for BC would confirm Durango is not using PPC ISA family CPUs. Again, provided this leak is mostly accurate.

This is the source, an early Draft of the reasoning for Xbox 720 In it, the CPU is not specified and ARM was considered for the CPU, AMD using ARM for security is coincidence. Edit: taken down, don't know how long this will be up.

Too much to post here, 56 pages must SEE!!!!!! Also includes information on what Microsoft thought might be coming from competitors like Sony => Google TV in the PS4 (Microsoft Speculation).

As I said this is early feature list not how it would be accomplished, much of this feature list should be supported by PS4:

USB3
HDMI - Display Port - LVDS W-HDMI
Gigabit eithernet
PCI-E
SATA hard disk
802.11N (WiFi)
ATSC (Over the air Digital TV tuner USA)
HSDPA
WiMAX

EDRAM 32 meg (too low)
4 GIG 128 bit DDR4

Always on low power core

Performance target 8X Xbox 360

17-01f80eb90b.jpg

The BEST:
•Gaming
•Next Gen TV (full XTV support)
•Physical Media (Blu-ray, CD, DVD)
•Online experiences