• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LIVE Indie Games - JUNE 2012 (combined NeoGAF spend in May: 0 Microsoft Points)

Bqccm.png

Is that it for Xbox LIVE Indie Games? Are we done? Aside from Apple Jack 2 I’m not sure there’s a great deal left to be excited about, is there? Are we doomed to more months like this? Months which are so, so unbelievably bad that I can’t really recommend a single game?

Snakester and Chompy Chomp Chomp have their moments but that’s really the best thing I can say about this month. It really is the worst month in the entire service’s history and when people argue that Xbox LIVE Indie games are pointless and shit, it’s really hard to disagree when you’re faced with a month of dross like this.

You can buy any of these games via xbox.com by clicking the link associated with each game, or on the Games Marketplace on your Xbox 360. Simply enter the marketplace and scroll up to Indie Games, where you can check the top rated titles, the games that have just come out, or “browse” to find the games mentioned in this thread. Indie Game trials last eight minutes, which is often enough to establish what you think about it. Even if you don’t buy any of these games, at least trial them, tell people what you think, get more people trying them.

Go. Play. Enjoy. Tell us what you think! Tell all your friends! Get them to tell all their friends…

HELP! Xbox LIVE Indie Games aren’t available in my country!

Yes they are! Xbox LIVE Indie Games are available in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and the United States. If you’re outside those countries you can still play these games by setting up a Gamertag for free for one of those countries. It’s incredibly simple, and absolutely worth doing.

W92gS.png

The Gold award, for the absolute best game that came out last month.

Haha.

HAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

0zpx0.png

The Silver award, for games that are great, but hey, only one game can be the Gold award winner.

Sod all to see here, either.

oFKKi.png

Bronze Award winners don’t represent the best games out this month, but every one of these has some really unique aspect to it that more than makes it worth trying, or is more than good enough to warrant a trial. It’s for games that are worth talking about.

Chompy Chomp Chomp is alright. It’s a multiplayer game where you run around trying to eat other players, you have to eat the one which is the colour under your feet, and make sure you keep away from the one that’s chasing you. Yeah, it’s alright, but it has some really annoying problems such as spawning in random places and by the time you’ve worked out where you’ve spawned you’ve been eaten again. Not so fun. Developer is looking into it though, so maybe one to keep your eye on for the future.

Snakester is about the 300th version of Snake on XBLIG, and finally bothers to do something contrary. Instead of four-way movement, you can weave around at will, and it’s all rather pretty and rainbowy. Nice scoring mechanic too, with more points the quicker you collect. Still pretty basic, of course, I mean, it’s Snake.

ifVQZ.png

Some games are bad. Really bad. So bad that they don’t even deserve a functioning link to the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Seriously. No links. There are a lot of bad games on Xbox LIVE Indie Games, but this section is reserved only for games so atrocious or fundamentally flawed that they actually anger me. Nearly EVERYTHING angered me this month.

Avatar Fart is the absolute worst kind of rubbish. Press buttons to fart. Amazing. When did they start letting people with a mental age of three make games? Because they should stop.

Beep Brrp Bing Bang Bosh is a music game that doesn’t have you play along to the beat. Genius. Then, at random, it changes what buttons you have to press. Only it doesn’t tell you what it’s changing them to. Also genius.

Chains is a colour matching game with the least intuitive controls of any colour matching game I’ve ever played, and the amazing quirk whereby it changes the colour of the block you’ve got highlighted so that you’re not actually sure what it is. Well done.

Cuddle Bear. Remember how HILARIOUS Naughty Bear was? Yeah, me either. A 2D platformer, though referring to it as such is somewhat generous on my part, and it does nothing to warrant such kind words.

The demo for Droppin Ballz lasts literally ten seconds. That is still enough time to realise how shit it is. You have to roll a ball of the edge of platformzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bureau: Shattered Slipper follows a woman with massive tits as she solves crimes which are generally related to other women with massive fucking tits. This all takes place in the small US region of Uncanny Valley, which is a place where for some reason nobody talks with contractions and so the whole thing sounds unnatural and utterly, utterly absurd.

evil shapes and spaceships is a twin-stick so slow that if it were to have begun the London Marathon this month, it would not finish until August. 2017. “Press A to continue.” No thanks.

Ideally the developer of Memory Freak would die in a fire for creating a game which it was impossible to exit because everything just takes you to the confirm purchase screen. Selecting “quit” on a menu does not mean I want to confirm my purchase of your shitty little game, you shit. It’s also stolen basically all of its sound effects from films and TV shows, classy.

Brain Jump 3 has the dullest trivia questions about videogames that I have ever, ever seen. Literally every single one is “what year was xx released?” Lazy, lazy game.

Compromised. OH. YOU HAVE MADE A TWIN-STICK GAME. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU. It’s like a really slow, boring Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet or something. Instant tedium. It’s really, really not pretty either. The animation is missing about 100 frames for every 101 frames, and the whole thing is just ugly. Ain’t even got no alibi. An incredibly good review from Dave Voyles suggests that the game might actually be good, but I really didn’t see it. Whatsoever.

Heroes of Hat is a mess of platforming in which, most of the time, you can’t see any platforms to jump to. Enemies are bullet sponges and hitting them doesn’t knock them back so they’re almost impossible to kill without being killed first.

ZOMBIES Stole My Liquor! I know what you’re thinking. How could a game with zombies in the title POSSIBLY be bad?! Believe it. It’s not even as good as Compromised.

Bibz is for charity but that doesn’t excuse you making a shit game with zero redeeming features. It has almost no collision detection to speak of at all, so when you have to jump on another character’s head to make them lose a life, it’s anyone’s guess as to which one of you will actually lose a life.

Ghosts of Tarr-Minos isn’t as good as LCD Dungeon System, a game with no graphics at all.

Spitfire. Oh, a shmup with invisible bullets? BECAUSE EVERYONE LOVES THESE.

Rocket Narwhal is a side scrolling shmup with no auto-fire. I hope you like pressing A a real fucking lot.

1on1 Soccer is one of those games that are nice enough in theory but when you actually make them you realise that they’re absolutely shit and basically just don’t work at all as games. Then you just release them anyway.

I’m sure Avatar Falls Down Stairs breaks rules on avatar use, I thought you weren’t allowed to give them voices but this game does. Could be wrong on that, though, which just leaves a pointless game rather than a rule-breaking pointless game.

College Lacrosse 2012. It’s just a bad sports game. There’s no feeling of weight to the players, it’s difficult to follow, the controls are unresponsive and the AI leaves a hell of a lot to be desired with shots going straight through keepers, for example. Awful.

Monster Katz steals everything from Plants vs. Zombies, takes away the sense of humour, and then makes it so ugly that it’s difficult to actually work out what’s happening. I could only play it because I already knew how to play it because of PvZ. PvZ is on sale this week, please get that instead.

Revenge of the Sammich. Twin stick? Check. Ugly? Check. Boring? Check. Shit? Check. Four second trial? Check. Buy it?

UniXNA : Cube is a tech demo and it really feels like it. Press colours as they appear on screen REEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYYY SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWLY.

tCd28.png

A small section for games that have been updated somehow, either with new content or with a brand new price! Since all the new stuff is shit, you might as well buy this instead.

The service itself updated this month. Developers can now change the price of their games every 7 days rather than every 90. Expect plenty of sales that you never actually ever hear about because nobody knows how the hell to promote an XBLIG.

All of the radiangames were cut in price from 400pts to 80pts. That’s JoyJoy, Inferno, Fluid, Ballistic, Fireball, and the two Crossfires. You really need all of them.

Blocks that Matter reduced its price from 240pts to 80pts. It’s a side-scrolling 2D puzzle platformer with Minecrafty influences.

Labyrinth is now 80pts. It’s an ambitious 3D adventure/puzzle game. It’s rough around the edges, but really, really worth a go.

Leave Home is a shmup that evolves as you play. Now 80pts from 240pts.

TriLinea ReAct is a competitive gem matching game, and is now just 80pts. TONS of awardments and stuff to earn.

Hidden in Plain Sight, XBLIGs best multiplayer game, received an update with cumulative scoring so now there’s even more to be competitive over!

Globe Clicker, a really nice city-finding game, is now 80pts. I have a thing for games with rotating globes, they just look pretty.

T1P1i.png

And now we look at the most important game to ever happen to Xbox LIVE Indie Games.

Minecraft isn’t an Xbox LIVE Indie Game, obviously, but so many people have totally ripped off the idea that it’s probably the best game the service never had. And, thankfully, it means people can finally stop buying those shit clones made by people so devoid of their own ideas that this is all they could come up with.

“But it was my own idea!” Yeah, course it was, love.

You know what Minecraft is at this point. You move blocks from one place to another, convert them into different kinds of blocks and generally do whatever the hell you want as long as you can do it with blocks – and it’s awesome. Want to build a castle out of cacti? Sure, go ahead. Want to build a giant tower out of gold which has lava spewing out of it and has “stolen by FortressCraft” written on the side in mud? Sure, go ahead. Want to build a giant penis and sacrifice a lamb on top of it? Sure, go ahead. Want to give money to the people that perfected this first instead of some guys that just ripped it off? Sure, go ahead.

Amongst all that there’s survival to survive, things to craft, and achievements to earn. Ah, achievements. Sweet, beautiful achievements.

It also has zombies. Just try telling me it’s not the poster child for Xbox LIVE Indie Games. It's basically kept XBLIG afloat single-handed for the last year.

===========================

Have fun, and if you’re playing an Indie Game you love, don’t forget to tell people about it, because it’s only through you that the service thrives. To be honest, though, no amount of telling people to play games last month would have stopped the service dying on its arse.

Given that I just posted this in the old thread, I guess I will post this here.
~70-80 codes probably
-----------
FREE CODES for some older games I made.

Some have already been used.

Quote to Reveal

-----------

Kazoo

Thanks for the codes sir, I took 1 of each :D... looks like i'll be staying away from the indies until something catches my eye then :(

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
~70-80 codes probably
-----------

Quote to Reveal

-----------

Used the 4th up on each list,
(QYQD7-9XY49-Q2DX3-XTJHV-TRHPB & DC8C2-YJCRM-KR98T-V8JWT-QKKYB )
, thanks :)

Poor indie games of last month... err... The Sega Vintage collections made up for the desire for "nostalgia overload" I suppose, so... err... yeah. Hopefully, some really great stuff comes out the digital woodwork this month.

-----

In all seriousness though, did anyone play Miasma 2? At only 80 points, I could imagine it being worth trying out. Tiny Text (I had an SDTV at time) and price (I think it was 400?) kept me from the first game, but I might actually give this one (and maybe the first) a shot in the future...

fernoca

Awesome MTMBStudios! Used this two:
3/15/2011 Mute Crimson RDT8M-PGGHK-2TQ2H-CTXGR-QYVMG
11/6/2010 Null Divide T3WDP-9KYBB-DKGTP-992VD-Q7T96

Anyway...
In May I bought:
  1. Chus Dynasty
  2. VolChaos
  3. MegaCity
  4. Plugemons: Part 1
  5. Katana Land
  6. Blocks That Matter
  7. DLC Quest
  8. Retribution
  9. Orbitron: Revolution
  10. I, Zombie
  11. Angry Fish
  12. Angry Fish: Deep Sea
Total spent in May: 1280 Microsoft Points ($16) :p

Vlaphor

In all seriousness though, did anyone play Miasma 2? At only 80 points, I could imagine it being worth trying out. Tiny Text (I had an SDTV at time) and price (I think it was 400?) kept me from the first game, but I might actually give this one (and maybe the first) a shot in the future...

It's an entirely unoffensive tactics game. Beat it in two settings, didn't know you could upgrade the main character until the second to last battle, felt I got my 80 points worth. It's also available on PC through Gamersgate.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's an entirely unoffensive tactics game. Beat it in two settings, didn't know you could upgrade the main character until the second to last battle, felt I got my 80 points worth. It's also available on PC through Gamersgate.

This is all good to hear! Thanks for the mini-review.

Penny Arcade 3 is dated! It's coming on July 10th, and is gonna be 400pts.

Barring any peer-review disaster, obviously.

Heh, will definitely have to see how I feel after the trial, but good on them for going for 400 pts. Quality like Zebyod's deserves to cost more than a 99 cent pack of fries or a burger at a fast food joint, and the PA name should help them achieve that.

Heh, will definitely have to see how I feel after the trial, but good on them for going for 400 pts.

Absolutely. I mean, I fully expect them to sell about 0.5% on XBLIG compared to 99.5% on Steam, but it must be nice to have Steam there as something of a comfort zone so you know you can actually charge what a game's worth without worrying about the size of the market on XBLIG.

eso76

i had the feeling indies this month would rather use the Trials Evolution editor than xna.
It basically gives you about the same possibilities and at least runs on a great engine :p

OnPoint

You know there's a good chance there's a Deep Cave sequel coming... at least THAT'S something to look forward to.

aspragg

Neo Member
I saw a comment on last months thread comparing Hidden in Plain Sight to SpyParty, and I wanted to clarify something.

Hidden in Plain Sight was definitely inspired by SpyParty. That is, SP was the first game I'd learned about in this kind of "hidden role" genre. I thought it sounded fresh and fascinating, so I wondered if it could be boiled down to its essentials, and take it in a new direction.

From there, I added my own twists and spin on it. Death Race and Knights vs. Ninjas are wholly original ideas (and I think the best game modes). Assassin is based off the social game of the same name. Ninja Party is an improvement of a web game I read about called Puji. The only real mode that is anything like SpyParty is "Catch a Thief". And even then it's a stretch.

I'm was recently accepted into the SpyParty beta, and have played a couple rounds, and was actually relieved to find that the games really aren't all the similar at all (in spite of the natural comparison).

Hope that helps.

I saw someone mention Miasma 2 above, earlier. I reviewed it last month and really enjoyed it. It's not for everyone, as it is a bit slow and a turn based tactics game, but if that is your cup of tea then you'll definitely receive some joy from it.

OnPoint

Hidden In Plain Sight stuff

Also, I remembered this being mentioned in your press release for HIPS back in November.

It’s no secret this game draws inspiration from “Spy Party”. I actually emailed Chris Hecker (its creator) to let him know that I was releasing this game. I wasn’t specifically asking permission, nor apologizing for anything, but I respect his work and wanted to make sure I wasn’t crossing any boundaries. He was very cool about it, and said he was fine with “derivative games” as long as they “moved the design ball forward”, and weren’t just straight reskins of an existing game. This is my attempt to move the ball forward.

You've always been upfront about this, honestly. I hate that people are still giving you guff lol

qupe1975

Neo Member
Chompy Chomp Chomp has a fair few updates planned.

First one

"Top of our to-do list was an awesome idea that one of our lovely play testers came up with. She suggested a blowing a bubble power up to catch the chompy you are chasing. We've decided this is our favourite power up suggestion ever and have made it our next power up update.

We are also aiming to have these things in the next update:

your settings will be saved instead of forgotten,
when you go dizzy it will flash to let you know when the dizziness is coming to an end,
the winning chompy will be wearing a crown,
immunity on spawn,
ability to turn all of the power ups on and off,
more stats on the stats screen,
make the compy chompys (AI) less evil."

and future updates

And here's a taste of things to come in future updates:

optimise the netcode to improve the online experience
more levels
more power-ups
more game modes

aspragg

Neo Member
You've always been upfront about this, honestly. I hate that people are still giving you guff lol

I haven't gotten much guff, to be honest. But after playing SpyParty (beta), let's just say I'm less concerned about anyone drawing any real comparisons between the two, or accusing me of ripping it off. While they may exist in the same broad genre, one is a a very serious single-player experience (that is, I expect most people play it alone in their room, connected to an online opponent), and one is a very social party game, played with friends on the same couch.

You may as well take off the price reduction for Blocks That Matter, back to 240pts now.

Ditto for Globe Clicker. Hope people grabbed them in time!

In other news, I've been playing The Impossible Game (again). I'm actually quite close to finishing it now! Going back to it after years really does remind you how much better it is than literally everything that's tried to copy it since.

qupe1975

Neo Member
Toys did you try Pendulous released last month?

I found it a bit lifeless but Indiegamerchick loved it.

These one week sales are going to do my nut in.

Toys did you try Pendulous released last month?

I found it a bit lifeless but Indiegamerchick loved it.

Yeah, I didn't like it much. It wasn't "bad" but there really wasn't anything to get excited about, and off-screen deaths are never fun. I went back and played Carneyvale Showtime instead, not exactly the same thing but much more fun.

qupe1975

Neo Member
Yeah, I didn't like it much. It wasn't "bad" but there really wasn't anything to get excited about, and off-screen deaths are never fun. I went back and played Carneyvale Showtime instead, not exactly the same thing but much more fun.

Yeah I compared it briefly to Carneyvale showtime, which is much better, even if there are different.

Trilinea React is now 240pts again as is Avatar Farm. The price changing is going to piss me off.

Trilinea React is now 240pts again as is Avatar Farm. The price changing is going to piss me off.

It's such a massive waste of time. Nobody's tracking price changes like they do with iOS stuff, and if you're not going to actually publicise your week-long sale there's literally no point doing it at all. I doubt more than two people even realised Avatar Farm had been on sale, let alone that it was only for a week.

Just because you can change your prices every seven days doesn't mean you should.

Galdelico

The scene seems pretty much dead to me too...
Took advantage to get some game I had on my wishlist since a long time and still waiting:

- Arkedo Series 01: Jump!
- Blocks That Matter
- Dead Pixels
- Hypership Still Out of Control

Blocks That Matter and Hypership are really great games.

OnPoint

Galdelico, get The Deep Cave (you'll adjust to the controls, the music is phenomenal) and Curse of the Crescent Isle (old school SMB2 meets Ducktails on the Sega Master system platformer).

It's such a massive waste of time. Nobody's tracking price changes like they do with iOS stuff, and if you're not going to actually publicise your week-long sale there's literally no point doing it at all. I doubt more than two people even realised Avatar Farm had been on sale, let alone that it was only for a week.

Just because you can change your prices every seven days doesn't mean you should.

I'm all about them changing prices, just do a little PR work if you're going to go through the trouble. There are plenty of websites and forums like this that the news would get out to if you just sent out a PR blast to a few sites.

I'm all about them changing prices, just do a little PR work if you're going to go through the trouble. There are plenty of websites and forums like this that the news would get out to if you just sent out a PR blast to a few sites.

Yep. On iOS constant price changes work because there's things like TouchArcade who keep on top of them, or there's AppShopper where a customer can make a wishlist and if something gets cut in price, they get a notification. So it totally works even if you don't try and promote a sale. On XBLIG there's nothing, and unless devs make the effort to get the word about the price change out there it's going to make no difference, and getting the word out about XBLIG is not, well, easy. I mean, seriously, who apart from us is checking catalog.xna to see when stuff gets updated?

In other news, APPLE JACK 2 NEXT WEEK!

acm2000

~70-80 codes probably
-----------

cheers, took one of each, didnt like null divide, but mute crimson is pretty good, although i started to get angry at it so had to stop lol

A Pixel Escape is a funny thing. I'm not sure it's actually good, but I think I'm going to buy it. The game is far, far too complex for an eight minute trial really and I would definitely advise that you don't skip the tutorial. Easiest way to describe it is probably as Blocks that Matter meets FPS. The level layouts are very much 2D, but you navigate them from a first person viewpoint which makes it about a million times more difficult. You have to move blocks around, Minecraft style, to get to the exit. There are loads of different blocks and about a million controls so yeah, tutorial, but I kinda enjoy it. Should be good after a few hours when you're comfortable with all the mechanics.

Oh wow Crystal Skies is awesome! Two good games at once! WHAT IS THIS FEELING?! It's like the special stages from Sonic 1, you have to look for keys and avoid hazards and stuff, there are powerups, etc, and the music is totally chilled. You're also in a toilet.

Oh, Minigame Marathon is good as well, it's like Wario Ware meets retro videogames. Three good games. Okay. I see what's going on here. I'm asleep, aren't I? This is a dream.

Limanima

Maybe if they open up the service for more countries maybe there would be more good games there.
We (me and my associat) have one that we can't upload because XBLIG isn't available were we live.

Battlepaths is good as well, because why the hell not! It's a top-down-ish rogue-like meets lootwhore type of thing. The animation and art are a bit silly, but silly in a really nice way. I'm already kind of addicted.

I AM SPENDING MICROSOFT POINTS ON THINGS

Microbial, also worth a look. You are a white blood cell and you have to navigate to a tumour, avoiding enemies and stuff. It's quite a nice puzzle game at its heart.

OnPoint

Battlepaths is good as well, because why the hell not! It's a top-down-ish rogue-like meets lootwhore type of thing. The animation and art are a bit silly, but silly in a really nice way. I'm already kind of addicted.

I AM SPENDING MICROSOFT POINTS ON THINGS

Microbial, also worth a look. You are a white blood cell and you have to navigate to a tumour, avoiding enemies and stuff. It's quite a nice puzzle game at its heart.

Battlepaths was misread by me when I saw it on the store as "BattlePants". I am currently brainstorming way to make that into a game.

acm2000

Maybe if they open up the service for more countries maybe there would be more good games there.
We (me and my associat) have one that we can't upload because XBLIG isn't available were we live.

blame those countries laws, not MS, XBIG is available in countries where online games dont need to be rated, otherwise every game on the service would have to pay to be rated, not gonna happen

No, blame MS. There are plenty of countries that don't require ratings where XBLIG games are not available. Look in comparison to the available countries for WP7 games, also handled by MS. Most of those don't require ratings and for those that do, you can submit if you are willing to get said ratings.

qupe1975

Neo Member
Crystal Skies is a bad version of the sonic special stages. The spinning vortex feel is disorientating and the spikes you can't see off screen annoy the hell out of me. The game is dull as dishwater too, there is very little variety in what I have played so far (on level 8 of 20). Collect coins to open the exit, collect keys to open areas to more coins, rinse and repeat. Looks nice though.

I was actually hoping it was an update to an old Amiga game called Bob's Bad Day but it's not.

Limanima

blame those countries laws, not MS, XBIG is available in countries where online games dont need to be rated, otherwise every game on the service would have to pay to be rated, not gonna happen
Hum...

And why can I publish in Windows Phone?

qupe1975

Neo Member
Crystal Skies is a bad version of the sonic special stages. The spinning vortex feel is disorientating and the spikes you can't see off screen annoy the hell out of me. The game is dull as dishwater too, there is very little variety in what I have played so far (on level 8 of 20). Collect coins to open the exit, collect keys to open areas to more coins, rinse and repeat. Looks nice though.

I was actually hoping it was an update to an old Amiga game called Bob's Bad Day but it's not.

I am determined to complete this game but it's torture. Level 10 is stupid and it all looks the same so it's hard to know what is the right way to go. The spikes get worse on later levels too.... Level 14 next.

I am determined to complete this game but it's torture. Level 10 is stupid and it all looks the same so it's hard to know what is the right way to go. The spikes get worse on later levels too.... Level 14 next.

:lol

Why are you still playing? I do like it. I can see why it'd be frustrating but the music is really nice and calm so it keeps me in a decent mood. Saying that, I didn't play that far yet, so maybe it gets horrible later. There certainly seemed to be some minor puzzle solving with power-ups and keys and stuff.

I noticed that it's by the same guys who made Astroman, which is an excellent game.

Galdelico

Galdelico, get The Deep Cave (you'll adjust to the controls, the music is phenomenal) and Curse of the Crescent Isle (old school SMB2 meets Ducktails on the Sega Master system platformer).
Thanks, I'll give them a spin today. :)
Curse of the Crescent Isle seems brilliant, I totally missed it.

qupe1975

Neo Member
:lol

Why are you still playing? I do like it. I can see why it'd be frustrating but the music is really nice and calm so it keeps me in a decent mood. Saying that, I didn't play that far yet, so maybe it gets horrible later. There certainly seemed to be some minor puzzle solving with power-ups and keys and stuff.

I noticed that it's by the same guys who made Astroman, which is an excellent game.

I brought it so I could give an opinion of the full game. It has potential but needed more variety. A zoom out feature so you could see where the bleeding hell you are and don't get me started on those damn spikes and the flames. Cleanest toilet I could ever imagine getting stuck in too....

clockpunk

A Pixel Escape is just so... randomly good! At only 80 msp, it is a steal - been recommending it to all my friends on Live. I would have happily paid more were it a full Arcade release, which I think it could well have justified.

The movement is a little clunky, but there are a lot of good ideas crammed into the title. Thanks for the headsup on that one - been forgetting to check the Indie Channel lately.

Gaspode_T

Keeping an eye on devs in Twitter and App Hub there will be a flood of great games this summer for Dream Build Play, so this lull might be appreciated then...might end up being XNA's last hurrah if Windows 8 comes and dominates indies sooner than later

One game I am excited about is Dawn of the Ronin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZvDLWH19nE

The F1 top down racer guy is releasing a rally racer which looks very cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIgmVWrFL24

BTW different topic but seeing some XBLIG pop up on WP7 for free...I wonder if they are seeing increase of revenue now that Nokia has been pushing devices for a while (and just released in China a couple months ago)

A Pixel Blocked Free edition (I can't tell if anything is different than the paid one?)
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/968695a5-bd43-4bd7-82e4-40b108b63ffd

Rainbow Rapture Free
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/434526b0-1fe0-41e0-88a6-22d30a593410

They seem to be doing decently...especially Rainbow Rapture

jaypah

Just popping in to say that I bought Little Street Racers (I think that's the title) a while back and just got around to playing it yesterday. That game is fun as hell! I had more fun with it than some 10 dollar XBLA games. It was super cheap when I bought it too.

Top Bottom