• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 Multiplayer - [Beta Test: Sat 8th-9th September]

iNvid02

What is JC2 MP?

TLDR: Multiplayer Mod for Just Cause 2. Been around for a while through alpha/beta testing, but finally comes out today (16/12/2013)

Video Version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtOwWoOiggc&feature=player_embedded

Over two years ago we set out to turnhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR2zRqAvw1M Just Cause 2 into a multiplayer game. During the course of the two months we spent working on JC2-MP, we were met with many obstacles - which at the time felt impossible to conquer. For the last month we've been working in secret to achieve those goals, with great success. Over the coming months, our aim is to polish the current build to a state that can be released to the public. Contrary to popular conspiracies, we were not shut down by Avalanche Studios. Nor did we intentionally delete our source code to inhibit further growth. The source at the time was extremely unstable and volatile. However this time around, we have squashed all obstacles encountered thus far.

Besides our website, you can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and IRC at #jc2-mp on irc.freenode.net

More Videos here: http://www.jc-mp.com/media/

What are the objectives?

There are none. Collectively admire Panau, fuck shit up or anything else you can come up with.

Where is the cheapest place to buy Just Cause 2?

Its been on sale dozens of times for as cheap as £2.50/$2.50 but right now it's probably Gamersgate for £3.38/$5.50

Other places to purchase a steam key from are listed here

How do i obtain the server version of the mod?

The mod includes everything you need to setup a server. Follow the instructions here
You can view the list of servers available here

Bricky

If this works and it works well, I'm gonna put a LOT of hours into Just Cause 2 this summer together with my friends.

iNvid02

the client is very small, about 5mb i think so it shouldn't take long to get it up and ready

all hail pc

koolaroo

Wow this should be tons of fun can't wait to try it out. Man the sever seems to have a pretty heavy load right now it's not loading for me.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
When most people say they won't be getting any sleep tonight they usually mean they'll be having sex or working late. Not me though, i'll be playing just cause 2 online like a boss

rac

Banned
Been a long time since I've seen this around. Thought they stopped working on it all together. Maybe black Mesa is next.

Enco

8 hours?

Can't wait. Coop is going to be great.

edit: different parts of the site give different numbers?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
An awesome game gets even better! Do hope this works well. Since just can imagine all the lulz to be had with friends with this game.

No way this site is not exploding. I'll try and pick this up when I wake up early tomorrow morning. The one buddy I played JC2 with (pass the controller coop) just moved across the country, so this is well timed. Really hope the BOLOpatch works with it.

Top Bottom