• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku rumor: First screengrab of Kotaku making a fool of themselves again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake or not, this makes me salivate at the idea of a Monster Hunter that doesn't look like a blurry mess. I don't see how anyone call MH4 good looking compared to something like in OP's screen. I wish Capcom wasn't so damn cheap and just gave us a Monster Hunter with assets that didn't still look like PS2 graphics.

This whole cheap angle really needs to stop. They put the game on the platform that it will sell best on since their only choice was 3DS and Vita and Sony had their heads in their asses to release Vita a year late.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Fake or not, this makes me salivate at the idea of a Monster Hunter that doesn't look like a blurry mess. I don't see how anyone call MH4 good looking compared to something like in OP's screen. I wish Capcom wasn't so damn cheap and just gave us a Monster Hunter with assets that didn't still look like PS2 graphics.
The assets here aren't any better than Tri, just with maybe better IQ/lighting and stuff like that, not new art. Even the map may as well be from a Tri location, just imported in some other engine, if that. Blurry ground textures and stuff are visible.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Flooded_Forest
SunkenForest-Area2a.jpg

SunkenForest-Area7.jpg

Some of the screens look like scans, maybe. Low quality either way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ-TQ39r7Hk

So, yeah, if you lot can't even tell what quality "PS2" assets are then why care so much?

GQman2121

Banned
Kotaku should just check with GAF before running with nonsense like this. Their system is clearly doesn't work. Every time this shit happens it seriously gives adage to the GAF>Internet>GAF. You should not have posted in here Totillo.

Nibel

Kotaku is always in such a rush to get the first clicks they never spend time on anything. Do they even have editors?

The problem is that every douchebag can call himself editor. Bashcraft has been in this game for a very long time; such a "article" is just pathetic.

We'll see something Shenmue 3 related on Kotaku next week! Why not? Nobody needs sources!

Dabanton

This is like the third Kotaku titled thread that has either been seriously embellished, plain nonsense or downright lies.

BREAKING

Kotaku said:
UPDATE: We always said this was shaky, but we initially missed one important detail that should have put this even more in the "probable hoax" category. A third image, not initially shown in this post but viewable in the link below, includes a fraps.com watermark. Fraps is a video-capture program commonly used to record video of PC games. It looks like someone grabbed a scene of this game through Fraps and then put it on Vita. Sorry to get any Monster Hunter fans' hopes up.

Kotaku should just check with GAF before running with nonsense like this. Their system is clearly doesn't work. Every time this shit happens it seriously gives adage to the GAF>Internet>GAF. You should not have posted in here Totillo.

Kotaku simply don't care, they probably make these rumors themselves for trolling purposes.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I didn't spot the fraps watermark @ first
Took a few posts down to see that lol

But I was going to point out why the UI was cut at the bottom, like someone forgot to get the right aspect ratio
That also was brought up some posts below

Looked good as MH, talk about punching VITA owners in the gut, getting there hopes up off a lie

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So okay, its a definite hoax of a Vita version, but is this an actual PC game of something? It looks delicious ;___;

A MH Frontier 2, maybe geared more towards F2P so it could actually come out over here, would be a very swell thing indeed.

Forkball

Someone got paid to write that article. A company gave money to the person who created this. A person typed out this article, and was given a monetary reward for his effort. A man sat at his computer, saw this image, created this article, and is to be given currency for this.

Let that sink in.

Durante

Wow. I think that is a new low even for Kotaku.

Someone got paid to write that article. A company gave money to the person who created this. A person typed out this article, and was given a monetary reward for his effort. A man sat at his computer, saw this image, created this article, and is to be given currency for this.

Let that sink in.
Ugh.

vareon

The row of icons on the bottom of the screen is an interface design more commonly found on PC games, not a handheld.

Let that sink in.

They get paid by the clicks, actually. The more sensational or nude girls they can put in, the more click the article gets and the more money falls into the author's pocket.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Whoever faked this should had at least setup his PC to the proper aspect ratio. We deserve better trolls.

the thing is, that, yes, the shot of the Vita doesn't have the fraps watermark, but it also mysteriously is missing the section of the health bar that the fraps watermark is over. clearly someone took the fraps screen and doctored it to remove the fraps watermark and then just displayed it on a Vita.

which for me is the absolute nail in the coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom