• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Famitsu: 3DS LL 192k, NMB2 431k in 2 days

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, just 3DS XL did almost 200k, if I understand this correctly, right?

Mario had just two days, not four like NSMB and NSMBWii, and Mario games does better in the three days following the launch one.

Mpl90

So how long till 3DS catches on to Vita lifetime sales ?
But guess this is a solid debut.

Which was ?

DSL - 68,438
DS - 49,118
PSP - 43,110
PS2 - 25,778
GBASP - 5,493
GBM - 3,213
GC - 1,489
Xbox360 - 1,240
Xbox - 101
GBA - 98

But the shipment was very low, since DS Lite had an high sellthrough with just 70k.

HoodWinked

DAT pixel separation.

seriously i heard that the 3D isnt as good on the LL because the pixel gap and the more obvious aliasing.

Bruno MB

The hardware number is really great, on the contrary the software sales of New Super Mario Bros. 2 are simply decent.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The hardware number is really great, on the contrary the software sales of New Super Mario Bros. 2 are simply decent.

Considering what it is and people also getting a bit tired of the formula i think its great that it still can sell as much as the first NSMB, which had way more anticipation following the release being the first 3D Mario in many years. Especially since the 3DS already had a big Mario plattformer release just a couple months ago, which is still selling.

DAT pixel separation.

seriously i heard that the 3D isnt as good on the LL because the pixel gap and the more obvious aliasing.

Many FUD going on about those 3DS XL systems - im suprised.

Rich!

DAT pixel separation.

I've got a 3DS XL (its out in UK/EU) and what you're saying is absolute bullshit.

3D is superb and the screen is glorious and a significant improvement over the original.

Mpl90

Guys, you have to remember NSMB2 had just two days. Both NSMB and NSMBWii had four days for their first week, and both obtained to do better in the three days after the launch day than on the day one. 2D Mario games have legs even from the first week. So, a 2-days launch penalises the game. You'll see it'll sell a lot in the following weeks.

Even more with Oni Training, which is a kind of game that sells low on the first day, but then many more units are sold during the other days.

Rich!

All the impressions i have read so far mentioned that 3D is a lot better with the bigger screen

Indeed it is. I own one, and you can take my opinion over that of someone who has never used an XL, preferring to spread hyperbole and sounding silly in the process.

Bruno MB

[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - First day sales (480,000) - First week (865,024).

[Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - First day sales (420,000) - First week (936,734).

First week = 4 days.

Tenki

Wow at 3DS LL numbers. And I'm curious about digital sales for NSMB2 and Oni Training (especially this one)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Holy Smokes!mario bros for ever!
i wonder if we had any increasement in the trinity...

Probably - especially with the new commercials for MH Tri G, game will have sold 1.5 million this week.

Mpl90

Holy Smokes!mario bros for ever!
i wonder if we had any increasement in the trinity...

What Trinity?

Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and MH3G?
Or
Taiko no Tatsujin, LBX Baku Boost, Dragon Quest Monsters: TW3D?
Or
Culdcept, Calciobit, Mario & Sonic?

Or all of them?

:p

IrishNinja

yeah, no eshop #'s makes this feel a bit off.

still weirder is the delay to us, at least we're sub 3 weeks to go but damn this feels like more NOA incompetence somehow.

Kouriozan

Remember :
np319.jpg

Digital sales might be very high !

Ryoku

Remember :

Digital sales might be very high !

Do those retail digital download codes count as digital, or retail?

EDIT: This picture made me realize how much availability is offered by those codes at retail. Just the sheer amount of them in a small location is mind-blowing, and availability online is limitless. Old news, but it puts things into perspective seeing so many in a small place.

Top Bottom