• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2012 |OT| 2011 + 1

oplolj0seq.jpg

An OT's OP in which I don't have to scroll in order to read everything?

Not sure if nice little compact OT or if sequel is just bad...

An OT's OP in which I don't have to scroll in order to read everything?

Not sure if nice little compact OT or if sequel is just bad...

If you go on the fact sheet for this game, they list all of the features I have including "race 24 real F1 drivers" and "race on 20 real world tracks" etc.

There has hardly been anything added this year it seems. The bugs etc have HOPEFULLY been fixed but we just don't know.

Also, downloading the demo now. It's going slowwww.

*clicks on trailer*

"What a liiiiiiiiiiii-"

*closes trailer*

Is it just me or does it look like they brought back the piss filter?

I'm trying the demo. First time playing F1 on a console lol. Really just let me get on with the tutorial. I've bought your other F1 games and my nice little reward is an unskippable
LLShC.gif

Alright you can just quit to main menu :) And then do a season challenge I think.

Lucius86

Banned
What a contrast in |OT| to F1 2011......

and this is all because of the lack of marketing towards the game. It's crazy, really, last year we had so much to get excited about - this year we really have had sod all.

I preferred it before the edit. So indecisive, that's why you'll never be GAF champ.

I do believe Foli did win the first league......

kharma45

I hope Codies enjoy their OT, probably more information in it than they've actually managed to release about the game, poor effort from them this year.

Staab

Lulz, nice OT (lacking - as is game info) !
Maybe you could add that they revamped the shit UI (menu wise at lest) and that the online is now tied to Codemaster's RaceNet ~

Foshy

Lulz, nice OT (lacking - as is game info) !
Maybe you could add that they revamped the shit UI and that the online is now tied to Codemaster's RaceNet ~

Sounds interesting, what does that actually mean in terms of features?

Staab

Sounds interesting, what does that actually mean in terms of features?

Not much, as for the rest of the game, we know next to nothing but they said that by tying it to their new gaming hub they want to achieve similar features as for Grid and Dirt :
- achievements / statistics
- comparison with other drivers and friends list
- updates and challenges (they mentioned special leaderbords for each real life GP week end, etc..)

LOL nice, doing my first race and I already wasted all my flashbacks.

If I touch a car and then overtake it I have 6 seconds to hand the position back or get a penalty. I had 2 wheels off the road in the first corner after the first chicane and overtook 2 guys and had to handback positions as well.

Rules are much stricter. I do everything and anything in F1 2011. Maybe now I gotta race a little bit cleaner which will make the races a bit harder maybe...

Edit: I guess that means I can't just easily overtake 10 guys in one corner, which is good I guess. That usually involved a little touch here and there.

You have to do some of the driver training first before you can freely race, so far I like what I see but damn are the car's a bitch to keep straight at speed, it's like they oversteer just by touching the analog stick.

Orgun

In a Gamescom interview and on the RaceNet twitter.

They tweeted some screenshots of the UI tied with F1 2012, it's actually pretty nice and has some informative stats :

[]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/210471_280568995386006_1684636772_o.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/287158_279605832148989_412475866_o.jpg[/IMG]

That does look pretty slick

Jibbed

Haha, beautiful OT.

I may give the 360 demo a whirl, won't be able to properly gauge it until I try it on PC though.

Will download the demo as I arrive at home after work. This will be my first year playing it on a gaming PC, so I hope I'll finally be able to play with you guys.

Please, Codemasters, don't screw this game again. F1 2011 was a clusterfuck of bugs :-(

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You guys will love the user interface and audio. Such a revamp from the previous 2 titles.

I like how they tweaked the cars grip, you can feel the loss but you won't instantly just spin out like in 2011, so there is a little more traction there like in 2010, I just dislike the oversteer down straights.

DieH@rd

Banned
Will download the demo as I arrive at home after work. This will be my first year playing it on a gaming PC, so I hope I'll finally be able to play with you guys.

Please, Codemasters, don't screw this game again. F1 2011 was a clusterfuck of bugs :-(

X360 demo is today, PC demo is tomorrow.

Where the hell did they even announce this Racenet thing? o_O

I don't think any of us had heard about it!
I kinda remember they announced it a while back.... dunno where i saw it.

On the pad, which I haven't used since 2010, I can barely control the car. So twitchy and understeering like hell. I won't be able to judge til I use my wheel tomorrow.

I like the new menus.

NHale

The OT that this game truly deserves.

If I touch a car and then overtake it I have 6 seconds to hand the position back or get a penalty. I had 2 wheels off the road in the first corner after the first chicane and overtook 2 guys and had to handback positions as well.

This has the potential to completely ruin the online mode. If the system determining the penalties isn't perfect (in F1 2011 it was broken) it will end up penalizing people that are victims of idiots weaving around the track trying to avoid being overtaken or brake testing you before a corner.

On the pad, which I haven't used since 2010, I can barely control the car. So twitchy and understeering like hell. I won't be able to judge til I use my wheel tomorrow.

So one of the big improvements for F1 2012 doesn't even work? Steve and Lee tweeted non-stop about how the game finally handled great while using a controller and then apparently it's still shit? At least this game got 88% on GamesMaster where they call it "The Dark Souls of the racing world". Hilarious.

I am out of town for a week when this comes out, not going to pre order but buy it in the first 'sale' someone does for it, I don't see the reason to spend £35 on it this year.

Is it just me or does this look quite a bit worse than previous games?

I only have 2011 on pc but there is a mix of better and worse imo, the new lighting can look real nice and realistic at times but also there is a brown/yellow hue on everything again like 2010 which I hate. Looks like they improved whatever light bloom they use too.

Thing is, on my pc capture card if I up the contrast by 4% and the brightness up about 6% the game looks really nice and the colours are a tiny bit stronger, why the game doesn't look like this in the first place is beyond stupid.

Top Bottom