• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2012 |OT| 2011 + 1

TJP

F1 2012 – PC Patch #11 News

Today sees patch #11 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012. This is very likely to be the last patch for PC.

This update addresses the following issues:

* Made an improvement to the AI under braking that will stop them from crashing in to the back of the player so frequently.
* Deactivated the run_on_cpu option which was added with the last patch. The feedback given did not indicate that this improved the framerate for anybody.
* Fixed two issues when using the Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Wheel.
* The default Logitech control profile is always selected after player attempts to customise the controls with this wheel.
* Placeholder graphic shown for View Replay button icon when using a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Wheel as no button/key is assigned to View Replay.

Work Arounds:

If you’re getting a stuttering during gameplay please try turning your Anti Aliasing setting down.

If you have the incorrect race distance in season two issue please try.

1. From the Main Menu select Career -> Career -> Settings -> Race Settings.
2. Back out (you don’t need to change anything) and scroll back to the Main Hub.
3. You can now continue your play through as normal.

Blablurn

not sure if that patch will help but the game kept crashing and crashing over there. during the races most of the time. sometimes i can finish one race. most of the time it crashes though. pretty annoying. playing it on a laptop.

Shaneus

F1 2012 – PC Patch #11 News

Today sees patch #11 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012. This is very likely to be the last patch for PC.

This update addresses the following issues:

* Made an improvement to the AI under braking that will stop them from crashing in to the back of the player so frequently.
* Deactivated the run_on_cpu option which was added with the last patch. The feedback given did not indicate that this improved the framerate for anybody.
* Fixed two issues when using the Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Wheel.
* The default Logitech control profile is always selected after player attempts to customise the controls with this wheel.
* Placeholder graphic shown for View Replay button icon when using a Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP Wheel as no button/key is assigned to View Replay.

Work Arounds:

If you’re getting a stuttering during gameplay please try turning your Anti Aliasing setting down.

If you have the incorrect race distance in season two issue please try.

1. From the Main Menu select Career -> Career -> Settings -> Race Settings.
2. Back out (you don’t need to change anything) and scroll back to the Main Hub.
3. You can now continue your play through as normal.
I like how they say it's likely to be the last patch, yet they're still providing workarounds rather than actually patching fixes into the game.

I'm pretty sure absolutely everyone who bought 2012 has learned their lesson with this. It wasn't so clear with 2011, but now this has to be.

Fuck you, Codemasters. They took away decent handling, they took away a full season IRL driver mode, they released ELEVEN patches in the space of a little over a month and the product still comes off as half-baked. Hopefully the usual modding teams get together and can get something running that can be played online (and not be seen as a hack) and not be shit.

TJP

Fuck you, Codemasters. They took away decent handling, they took away a full season IRL driver mode, they released ELEVEN patches in the space of a little over a month and the product still comes off as half-baked.
Didn't you read all of the reviews Shaneus? Apparently F1 2012 is one of the best F1 games ever released with reviewers never having a single issue with bugs or glitches ;)

Shaneus

There hasn't been a fix for the understeer and apparently never will?
It's Codemasters. We should be grateful that they even released one patch, let alone eleven. Never mind the fact that no game EVER should be released in a state where it requires eleven patches to fix it (not that it's actually "fixed" at this point, from what I understand).

With the latest update, my savegame was corrupted for the second time. SECOND TIME. Fuck this. Also, I can see some bugs in the online lobbies. And this is supposed to be the last PC patch?

I'll never, EVER buy another Codemasters game at launch. Fuck this.

Also, DD won't like the fact that they removed the very option that fixed the game for him. What a clusterfuck...

DD

Also, DD won't like the fact that they removed the very option that fixed the game for him. What a clusterfuck...
It's working now. =D

But yeah, Codemasters lost the huge respect I had for them, and not because of F1 2012 alone. In fact, F1 series was my last hope on them. So sad to see what happened to one of my favorite studios... =(

Shaneus

Is there a twelfth patch? I just noticed my Steam updating F1 2012... again.

Edit:

Today sees patch #12 available on Steam for PC versions of F1 2012.

This update addresses the following issue:

After completing an R&D objective the upgrade was not applied to the car and the same objective would have to be completed again at a subsequent race weekend.
And the first few replies are fucking incredible:

so nothing about the online play and the disconnects????.
Fix the penalty and weather system...
Please,

1.fix MP bug, when "WAIT for Players" can appear sometimes ( its appear to all of players but one,who ( due bug) still stayed in game lobby and blocked other ALL players until he exit his "lobby"

2. fix the MP bug : DRS green lamp ( on the racing wheel) is not working FOR ALL CLIENTS in cocpit ( and other views).. For HOST this lamp working fine.

Thank you, CM!
FIX THE STUTTER AND AI USING SLICKS ON WET TRACK POSTING DRY TIMES.
Well that's underwhelming. Thanks for it anyway. Really do wish you guys would sort the weather system though, there are so many people crying out for it. Is it too hard?
Fix the weather its a game breaker PLEEEEEEZE!!!!

So yeah. Go ahead and don't release any other patches, CM. I'm sure your community would LOVE that.

Personally, I just can't believe there's so much that's broken beyond the basic game structure... let alone, after (now) twelve patches.

TJP

Remind me again how these jokers are still in business yet Bizarre Creations aren't. What a joke.

Shaneus

Why didn't give the 'B' Team F1 All stars and work on 2012 themselves?
Which one's the "B" team? They should've actually gotten the guys who did F1 Online to make 2012.

Actually, that's a bad idea as well. That was horrible, too.

I honestly can't wait until someone different gets the license. If they're a single-platform dev, I'll buy that platform. But after this, there's no way in hell I'll buy another Codemasters game, let alone another of theirs in the F1 franchise.

TJP

I'll buy Grid 2 in a sale long after the patching has completed 8) Saying that, I don't believe the Dirt or Grid series were as knackered on release as any of the F1 games.

Shaneus

To be honest, I don't think *any* game has been as knackered as F1 2012. At least, no licensed one.

Turds have come out in the past, but generally they've been things like Truck Simulator 2010 or whatever. Not an officially licensed product that has a huge worldwide fanbase.

Shaneus

There's only been the one update for consoles, yeah? I've only been keeping up-to-date with the PC releases as they're not as restricted as those for the console releases.

pants

I think two actually. I recall one closer to release and this one yesterday. I dont play on console much so I was thinking of going PC. Are there lots of bugs and niggles left over?

Shaneus

In all seriousness, you'd probably be better off getting a 2013 mod for F1 2011. The game itself would be better and if the new aero specs are anything to go by, the cars will look more similar to the 2011 ones than the 2012 (at least, as far as the platypus bill goes).

TJP

@Shaneus - you didn't vote for F1 2013 as your most anticpated game for 2013 over on the Race Department forums did you? How on earth the game garnered a single vote in the RD poll is beyond my comprehension.

Shaneus

@Shaneus - you didn't vote for F1 2013 as your most anticpated game for 2013 over on the Race Department forums did you? How on earth the game garnered a single vote in the RD poll is beyond my comprehension.
Haven't checked those votes, but no... definitely not.

The only reason I'd vote for it is so it gets made, more people buy it, more people get pissed and then Codies Racing goes out of business. Or at least, the lead on 2012 gets the chop.

kharma45

Nextgen version will probably sell as hotcakes.

If I were Codemasters I would invest everything I can to have F1 2013 game ready for next-gen launch.

Which they won't do because it's Codemasters, also the new game will probably launch in September as usual and the consoles I'd expect to come in November so they might port it for next gen but I can't see them tailoring a game for it this year.

Shaneus

I bet that 2014 will be the first game on next-gen and it'll look not much better than 2013 on current-gen. But they'll have updated the tracks and drivers to the 2014 season, though. And probably taken away some features while they were at it.

Because hey, it's Codemasters.

been a while since I read about F1 2012 but it sounds like the party is still trashed, is there still no accelerated tire wear for short races? lol

TJP

A quick scan of the CM forums shows that after patching the PC version 12 times, many issues still exist and these busg/glitches will remain as CM have apparently dropped support for F1 2012. What a nice company....

kharma45

A quick scan of the CM forums shows that after patching the PC version 12 times, many issues still exist and these busg/glitches will remain as CM have apparently dropped support for F1 2012. What a nice company....

Yeah they 'patched' it for a month then stopped. And their patches were mostly random guess work.

Codemasters can go fuck themselves hard. Wankers.

Shaneus

Yup. I wasn't actually going to buy the game at all but I saw it cheap enough online somewhere only a week or two after it came out. It's the single biggest waste of money I've ever spent on PC gaming. It even eclipses Saint's Row 3 and Volition's promise of a patch to get the game running well on multi-GPU systems (it's been around 13 months now since they last mentioned they were still "working on it").

Their studio cut a bunch of jobs and I'm sorry for the situation those people are in, but if those job losses were a result of putting together such a pathetic excuse for a game, then maybe some of them deserved it. I know that the head of the project (who has the worst PR skills of anyone this side of that War-Z guy) was a complete douche.

So yeah, fuck em. I can't wait until the F1 license is up for grabs again. Maybe Lucid or even Sawfly can somehow work under a publisher to give F1 the game it deserves.

Top Bottom