• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U NBA 2K13 the Game Pad addition

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'll wait for the multiplication

C2Fjb.jpg

Those Wii-U pad features look pretty great.

Do we know if this will have the same online feature-set as the 360/PS3 versions?

Edit: Wario, the avatar, man ;(

People who comment on youtube are characters created by youtube for our own enjoyment...right gaf...?

Also that second screen thing looks really cool. Not sure its uses in this game, but can imagine a lot of fun with other games. Unlike the DS the screens aren't in fixed positions to one another, so theres more room for two screen madness quite frankly.

Don't see what it adds to this game, but a nice spot of what the system offers.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Doing team management stuff on the GamePad is what I've been waiting for. I hate doing that stuff on regular controllers. That goes to every sports game.

orioto

Good Art™
actually for once, i would find pretty nice in a game like that that, for example, you can switch to first person view on the gamepad to shoot a 3 points with the gyro...

Smokey

actually for once, i would find pretty nice in a game like that that, for example, you can switch to first person view on the gamepad to shoot a 3 points with the gyro...

No just...no

thats the type of gimmicky stuff 2k would try too...

jerd

Geeze... I had planned on getting this on Wii U just for Off-TV, didn't expect much else for a first year effort... but damn it actually looks like they put some thought into the gamepad integration.

Daschysta

Wii U gamepad should work really well for simulators and sports games in general, sometimes the first edition of the games on new hardware are a bit rushed, but pad has looottss of potential for games like this.

Daschysta

Nintendo's platform becoming the go-to for sports gamers would be pretty huge for Ninty. The Fifa game, and this one, and eventually Madden should all be significantly improved by Touchpad inclusion.

Not only can you select plays more efficiently (I believe only 4 are hotlinked to the D-pad on the other systems, here you can simply pick from your whole repetoire) Managing your team will be infinitely more convenient and fast, as is accessing information such as fatigue, hotstreaks, etc...

In football being able to draw hotroutes on the fly, eliminate opponents watching you as you pick your play, construct plays in an intuitive fashion, and control replays should all be killer features.

If Wii-U's online is comparable to the other versions I could see sports gamers sticking wtih the Wii-U, which would be huge, because alot of these people are the ones that make up the COD audience too, which in turn would invite more Western Support.

Being the best Fifa console would also be huge in driving a European install base, which would in turn keep Ubisoft pumping the good games into the system.

As "cool" as motion control seemed for sports games it really wasn't taht much fun, or very useful for realistic simulations, this, on the other hand, could be a huge innovation in those types of games, and still produce the realistic graphics and physics craved by sports game enthusiasts. There are lots of them out there, let's hope they really catch on to why the Wii-U makes those types of games better.

jmizzal

naw I can see them doing something with the pad for FTs tho, but something like what your saying would be good for a street ball game.

Nintendo's platform becoming the go-to for sports gamers would be pretty huge for Ninty. The Fifa game, and this one, and eventually Madden should all be significantly improved by Touchpad inclusion.

Not only can you select plays more efficiently (I believe only 4 are hotlinked to the D-pad on the other systems, here you can simply pick from your whole repetoire) Managing your team will be infinitely more convenient and fast, as is accessing information such as fatigue, hotstreaks, etc...

In football being able to draw hotroutes on the fly, eliminate opponents watching you as you pick your play, construct plays in an intuitive fashion, and control replays should all be killer features.

If Wii-U's online is comparable to the other versions I could see sports gamers sticking wtih the Wii-U, which would be huge, because alot of these people are the ones that make up the COD audience too, which in turn would invite more Western Support.

Being the best Fifa console would also be huge in driving a European install base, which would in turn keep Ubisoft pumping the good games into the system.

As "cool" as motion control seemed for sports games it really wasn't taht much fun, or very useful for realistic simulations, this, on the other hand, could be a huge innovation in those types of games, and still produce the realistic graphics and physics craved by sports game enthusiasts. There are lots of them out there, let's hope they really catch on to why the Wii-U makes those types of games better.

Yep as long as devs dont be lazy just to not offend Microsoft by giving Nintendo the best versions that can take a huge chunk out of them for next gen. Madden, Fifa, 2K13 and even COD on WiiU has improved features with the game pad.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Day one. Looks fantastic.

Bullza2o

Pretty good features, but I'll stick with 360 for this one. My dad and I play NBA 2K sometimes, so I would have to buy at least one other Pro controller (I'm even more broke after getting Wii U).

And I need games to play on my 360 or it will continue to be neglected...

NBA 2k13 has a Facebook app that enhances the console game experience? If the Rock Band Blitz thread is any indication, GAF is about to be extremely upset.

Kozak

Banned
No just...no

thats the type of gimmicky stuff 2k would try too...

They did try that..with the PS3,.,

It sucked absolute fucking balls. Luckily there was an option to disable it.

edit:

Game looks great. Its nice knowing I won't have to buy 2 console for the upcoming generations, looks like WiiU will handle multiplat fine.

Daschysta

vBcVO.jpg

What's going on with that in game character model? I thought this would look at least as good as the 360 and PS3 version.

? It does look just as good as the other versions, are you basing your assessment off of that horrible quality offscreen screengrab?

I have high hopes for this and Fifa, both look like lots of work have been put in and hopefully they will end up being huge successes. Fifa is like half of the European games market, it could be huge. Football manager should also get a Wii-U release, that would be gigantic in the EU as well.

Riggs

Banned
Really cool! Hope I don't get a lot of shit for this but these are the kind of things that make me want to buy a Wii-U.

Hopefully more developers take advantage of this controller.

Also the new dribble controls have me excited no matter what version I buy.

naw I can see them doing something with the pad for FTs tho, but something like what your saying would be good for a street ball game.

Yep as long as devs dont be lazy just to not offend Microsoft by giving Nintendo the best versions that can take a huge chunk out of them for next gen. Madden, Fifa, 2K13 and even COD on WiiU has improved features with the game pad.
funny enough, i always found winning eleven or w/e its called now to play the best on wii

I agree with you but I believe next year's version of these titles will be much better suited to the GamePad over these rushed jobs the devs have done for launch

supporting 2 gamepads for NBA/NFL/NHL games would be nice but I think online can do this just as well

I have not played sports titles for many years I hope this will get me back into them. streaming to gamepad is a must for me though

Meelow

Banned
vBcVO.jpg

What's going on with that in game character model? I thought this would look at least as good as the 360 and PS3 version.

Umm...It does look the same, the screen shot you screen grabbed is an off screen not focused screen shot, you can't look at the visuals from that.

I remember a Wii U thread for the Press section of Nintendo.com that had a lot of screens for all the games was this listed did they have screenshots of this one?

Top Bottom