• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Kaladin

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

This is a public service announcement from your General Manager, Mr. Sandman:

If this thread reaches critical mass (20,000 posts) before the November Wrasslin |OT| is created, please revert back to the September thread. There is plenty of room left in that to carry us through a Raw if needed. I have plans for the November thread and Informer, I just have to wait on the results of the PPV Sunday.

Your friendly General Manager,

Mr. Sandman

RBRKg.jpg

u3Jbm.jpg

Hi44h.jpg

j9a8o.jpg

pXuHN.jpg

jMAgm.jpg

Kaladin

Hall of Shame

73E0w.jpg

Results taken on September 30th at 12:15 PM

Notes from the GM's Desk:

This was my first time using Microsoft Publisher, I will get better with future threads.

Also, while we may no longer host viewings for DVD/MP4 indie releases, please use spoiler tags for the results of these shows for up to two weeks after they have been made available for shipping on DVD or download for MP4, whichever comes first.

Your friendly GM,

djsandman

Kaladin

What do you guys think of the Informer? What could improve?

I used Microsoft Publisher to create the newsletter and did a screen grab and pasted that into MS Paint to post it. This was the first time I had ever used MS Publisher and will continue with the format if you guys like it.

What do you guys think of the Informer? What could improve?

I used Microsoft Publisher to create the newsletter and did a screen grab and pasted that into MS Paint to post it. This was the first time I had ever used MS Publisher and will continue with the format if you guys like it.

I like the idea, but Publisher itself seems pretty limited and awkward, I last used it back in like 2001 at a guess and the style looks no different to what we seemingly have now, basically it reminds me of decade old ICT lessons.
On the other hand I don't know any alternatives nor am I good with this stuff myself so keep going with it and we'll see if how much mileage we can get out of it.

Great work on the op Sandman :)

HUGE spoiler from DDT's show last night;

El Generico defeated Kota Ibushi in 23 minutes with the BRAINBUSTAAAAAAAH!!! to become the NEW KO-D Openweight Champion. And it looks like his first opponent will be Kenny Omega!

Also, on October 8th New Japan Pro-Wrestling is live worldwide via iPPV!

NJPW "NJPW 40TH ANNIVERSARY ~ KING OF PRO-WRESTLING", 08.m10.2012
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. Manabu Nakanishi Return Match: Yuji Nagata, Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
2. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov (c) vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
3. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Low Ki
4. IWGP Tag Team Title: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
5. Tetsuya Naito vs. Yujiro Takahashi
6. Togi Makabe & Wataru Inoue vs. Kazushi Sakuraba & Katsuyori Shibata
7. Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Title Contendership: Kazuchika Okada vs. Karl Anderson
8. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Hirooki Goto
9. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Minoru Suzuki

4 hours of the best damn wrestling product on the planet, for just $25! Kicks off at 5PM JST | 10AM CET | 9AM GMT | 4AM EST | 2AM PST

Purchase is available here; http://www.ustream.tv/channel/njpw1972 - $25

If you can't watch live, buy it anyway! The VOD version will be viewable immediately after the event has ended and will be available until October 11th at 5PM JST | 10AM CET | 9AM GMT | 4AM EST | 2AM PST, so once the show is over you'll have 68 hours in which to watch the on demand version.

Why would anyone vote for Punk in the fall of grace category?

Because while he got a couple of good matches out of Cena, and wrestled a handful of great matches with Bryan, his character suffered as a juvenile face for the first half of his title run, before suffering further as a lacklustre heel that ignores reason and demands respect. If it wasn't for Heyman lighting a fire under his ass, and for Cena making Punk look so good by comparison, I would be beyond bored with his title run.*

*not that I'm suggesting the alternative would have been any better, I'm just not a fan of the way they've booked Punk over the past year.

Kyoufu

Because while he got a couple of good matches out of Cena, and wrestled a handful of great matches with Bryan, his character suffered as a juvenile face for the first half of his title run, before suffering further as a lacklustre heel that ignores reason and demands respect. If it wasn't for Heyman lighting a fire under his ass, and for Cena making Punk look so good by comparison, I would be beyond bored with his title run.*

*not that I'm suggesting the alternative would have been any better, I'm just not a fan of the way they've booked Punk over the past year.

You don't like Punk's heel character? I love it. Instead of being a passive-aggressive weeny he tells the crowd he'll shove a microphone up their throats and trolls them hard. Oh well.

I like the AJ and Punk/Heyman storyline. They're both showing things a little beyond the traditional dynamics. Paul mockingly proposing to AJ was great. AJ struggling with rage is great.

Kyoufu

Punk is so out of touch with the fans. They tell him This Fire Burns is better than CoP so he just calls them stupid.

Pretty much an idiot.

Aiii

So not worth it
I like the AJ and Punk/Heyman storyline. They're both showing things a little beyond the traditional dynamics. Paul mockingly proposing to AJ was great. AJ struggling with rage is great.

Agreed. And with Kyoufu as well. Punk's gradual heel turn has been really good.

Izick

I feel like the real benefit of working out that much is that you can/have to eat massive amounts of food all the time.

It's only cool at first. Once you get used to it, eating that much food just gets really tiresome and annoying at times. There are days where you're hungry as fuck and it's awesome, but there are also days where you feel like you're forcing food down.

Aiii

So not worth it
More proof that Sheamus is, in fact, a heel:

I tend to get a tad repetitive in my topics with this column, but none so more than the topic of World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus being a terrible human being. It’s probably the thing that people disagree with me most, because for some reason it’s wrong for me to expect the heroic World Heavyweight Champion whose face is on the ads telling kids to “be a star” to not be an aggressive jerk to everyone that disagrees with him. So instead of getting neck deep into another similar rant, I’ve decided to just transcribe the order of events and let you judge for yourself.

- Miz introduces everyone to Miz TV, is interrupted by Sheamus.

- Sheamus throws Miz’s chair out of the ring, laughs in his face, punches chest like a gorilla.

- Sheamus keeps interrupting Miz and making jokes at his expense, literally says the Intercontinental Champion is useless in the ring.

- Miz finally gets a word in, and hits him with facts that shut Sheamus down.

- Sheamus gets mad, threatens to beat up Miz.

- Dolph Ziggler comes out, tells Sheamus that his ass is on notice, and Miz quietly sits in a chair.

- Sheamus gets super pissed at Dolph, looks like they’re going to throw down.

- Sheamus clotheslines Miz, who was just sitting there.

- Sheamus throws Miz and Dolph out of the ring, destroys set with Irish rage, makes crowd cheer.

Sheamus is an asshole. Tell me I’m wrong. TELL ME I’M WRONG.

http://tjrwrestling.com/articles/the-smacking-of-wwe-smackdown-09-28-2012--2

Kaladin

There is an iPPV this Friday:

back2brooklynippv.jpg

Family Wrestling Entertainment
Back 2 Brooklyn
Friday, October 5th, 2012
Brooklyn, New York
Belltime: 8:30 PM

Price: $14.99

FWE Heavyweight Championship Match
Tommy Dreamer (c) vs. Rhino

Dream 6 Man-Tag
Jay Lethal/Brian Kendrick/Paul London vs The Young Bucks/Petey Williams

Velvet Sky/Angelina Love vs Maria Kanellis/Winter

Unsanctioned Street Fight
FWE Tri-Borough Champion Damien Darling vs Johnny Knockout

Grudge Match
Big Daddy V vs Malta the Damager

Colt Cabana vs Mike Bennett

Open Challenge from Chris Masters to anyone on the FWE Roster

One Night Tag-Team Tournament featuring:
Sonjay Dutt/Daivari
Diamond Inc
Adrenaline Express
All Money is Legal

Live commentary from "The Voice" Michael Schiavello, Winter, and Maryse Oullett

This show looks good on paper, never heard of FWE though. The iPPV is hosted by WWNLive so I expect a quality stream if you go for it.

Snaku

Banned
Sheamus is an asshole. Tell me I’m wrong. TELL ME I’M WRONG.

Stone Cold was an asshole, and a face. Hell, he was a face even when he was a heel, and he was a bigger asshole than Sheamus.

While you're all excited about Ply getting retweeted by Austin, I'd like to remind everyone that I was Cyber-Stunnered by him for refusing a Cyber-6 Pack.

Top Bottom