• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowgun Deadzone (ios/android) |OT|: Free 2 play 'gears clone' mp shooter.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madfingergames.deadzone
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id561048152?mt=8

Launch trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P_v5nMH9go

oad apps.
Description
SHADOWGUN is back in multiplayer dimension!

„Shadowgun: DeadZone is one of the sharpest-looking shooters we've seen.“ – SlideToPlay
„They’ve made what could be the best multiplayer shooting experience on a mobile device.“ – TouchGen
„If you want evidence that mobile games are turning into their console and PC cousins, then look no further than Shadowgun: Dead Zone.“ – Pocketgamer.co.uk

Prove your courage and challenge your friends.
Experience heroic multiplayer battles that have never been seen on mobile device before.
Enjoy console quality multiplayer game with awesome graphics on your phone and tablet.

☣ Experience intense tactical multiplayer combat with up to 12 players connected online.

☣ Choose from two popular game modes – Deathmatch and Zone Control, various maps and from 10 playable characters

☣ As a character's ranking increases, new elements will be unlocked and available during gameplay

☣ New control elements such as sprint and roll have been implemented into gameplay

☣ A wide ranging arsenal offers Vega (Attack Rifle), Big Boy (Machine gun), Spate (Plasma Rifle), Mace (Shotgun), Osog (Sniper), S***Storm (Rocket Launcher) all of which are upgradable

☣ Items – MediKit, Ammo Kit, FlashBang, EMP Grenade, Frag Grenade, Sentry Gun and Mine – have also been added to the mix in the new release

☣ Talk to your friends in real time! Enjoy entirely new service – multiplayer voice chat – exclusively developed and provided by Ericsson.

☣ Optimized for iPhone/iPad Retina Display

SHADOWGUN: DeadZone is available on iOS devices with at least 512 MB RAM (including iPod Touch 5. gen, iPad 2 and iPhone 4)

Played a few rounds, seem alright.

Seems like they are using a similar model to pc f2p shooters like tribes or that other one.

Guns seem crazy expensive though o_O.

The interesting thing is the game doesnt' seem to have regen health, but you can get health packs (but they take up inventory slot eg grenades). Cover is kinda finicky though, don't see much point.

And people whining about controls, I do believe on android it does support gamepad and other stuff (think you need high end android devices to play this though).

This game needs more love.

I started playing this around last sunday on iOS and damn if it's not a good gears of war styled game you can carry around in your pocket, it's really great.

For what I can tell the weapon balance is rather good, android and iOS players play on the same servers together and you get an icon next to your scoreboard name, and visually it's up there as one of the better looking games on mobiles.

Give this game a shot GAF, missing out :(

Mario007

Playing this on my Transformer with PS3 controller is pretty neat. I'm never too good at shooter but that to the DS3 I'm able to win pretty much every much (it's all the more satisfying when 90% of the other players are iOS users).

Having said that the cover system really sucks, so I wouldn't really call it a Gears clone.

Also this game kinda makes you realise why the COD:BLOPS: Declassified thread has so many people who are enjoying the game, even though to an outsider it might seem shit. Having a multiplayer shooter on a handheld device with precise button controls is pretty cool.

Pachimari

It's really sad as its truly great fun. To me the controls are perfect and I hit my targets all the time but I'm also at the top of the list many times. What's even greater is, that its the first game were iOS gamers can play against Android gamers and I think there's a tournament going on now?

I just want more maps and for voice chat to be free.

To me, this is the best shooter on iOS since Archetype.

It's really sad as its truly great fun. To me the controls are perfect and I hit my targets all the time but I'm also at the top of the list many times. What's even greater is, that its the first game were iOS gamers can play against Android gamers and I think there's a tournament going on now?

I just want more maps and for voice chat to be free.

To me, this is the best shooter on iOS since Archetype.

Yeah its a really good game and prob the best competative portable multiplayer shooter out there. While I don't think the modern combat games are better than Declassified on Vita I kinda think this is. Its gameplay is designed around touch controls (slower and slightly less things to do such as no ADS) which make it work a lot better. Also having the option to play with an xbox controller is really nice when I want to. I seem fine playing it either way though. I bought some gold to personalise my character as the devs deserve some payment for this. Hopefully they get enough money from it to justify expanding it with more maps and maybe a couple more gamemodes. I really like the control point mode though so im fine with that. Maybe a domination / king of the hill mode.

Installed game
Got some bullshit about not being able to connect to server to start a game
Deleted game

Way to give the game a chance. There are plenty of games that you can pay £40 that have server issues now and then. Wouldn't just throw them out.

Personally I havn't had trouble connecting to a server once. Get the odd laggy one but thats its.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Barebones and sloppy, deleted it after 2 matches in each of the 2 modes.

Doesn't look as good outside directed scenes either.

If you're willing to spend money, the Modern Combat titles from Gameloft offer a Call of Duty Lite MP experience on phones.

Gameloft titles frequently go on sale during those X Billion Downloads celebrations that Google regularly has when Google Play surpasses certain download milestones. I got Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation for $0.99 during one of those sales. Imagine playing Call of Duty: Homefront on your phone and that's basically what it is.

Pachimari

If you're willing to spend money, the Modern Combat titles from Gameloft offer a Call of Duty Lite MP experience on phones.

Gameloft titles frequently go on sale during those X Billion Downloads celebrations that Google regularly has when Google Play surpasses certain download milestones. I got Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation for $0.99 during one of those sales. Imagine playing Call of Duty: Homefront on your phone and that's basically what it is.

But isn't this a Shadgowgun thread? A third person shooter - a very great one that.

It's one of the best games for iOS in recent times.

My problem with the MC series is that they try to follow the CoD format so closely they forget to cater for the fact its touch screen.

Just like shooters had to slow down the twitch from the likes of quake and UT to become big on consoles / move from mouse/keyboard to controllers (enter CoD) a similar thing needs to happen on touch screen.

Mad Finger seem to get this and thats why this and dead trigger both seems to control a damn sight better than gamelofts games which feel floaty and the action is often to fast to be comfortable to play on a touch screen.

Means games have less buttons and things to think about, are somewhat slower but are still fun because they cater to the control system better. The general slower pace of shadowgun and it being more about getting a good position and flanking the enemy / taking points behind the enemy without them knowing is what makes the game fun.

I have entered games where the team im on has been loosing. I then snuck passed the enemy and took furthest back point. Turned the entire game around and we won.

To me the ability to do stuff like that is a lot more fun that spawn die spawn die that the MC series brings (because it wants to be CoD).

Pachimari

Originally Posted by MadFingerGames
We have updated all servers and lag should be gone now.. Please report if fix works or you are experiencing lags still

Best
Marek
From TouchArcade forums.

Update 1.1.0 is out, 2 new maps (one for each mode) along with an overhaul of many things, premium now gives you a bonus slot for weapons and items instead of having to buy them separately, some weapons have had tweaks and new upgrades added to them, main menu chat system, play with friends, some slot machine to win gold and some map tweaks to balance them.

My only problem is now you can transfer bought gold for in game cash, being able to buy everything early sucks, but some high tier weapons now have level limits to unlock them for use.

Rise from the dead!

Valid bump, there was a rather meaty update just the other day on iOS and it's done a fair bit to improve the game, 4 new maps in total, reworked menu (mostly visual) and a ton of other improvements and new weapons for all classes.

They did add in some timed gold bought boosts such as 30 seconds of armour or 20 seconds of damage increase but if you kill someone using a booster you get given a gold reward, i've not seen anything game breaking from this last night.

The game feels good again to me, you still have to play 1 match before being kicked out of a server back to the main menu but it's fast and works this time.

I just wish there was a valid pad to use on iOS, this is gears in your pocket to some extent.

Madfinger are supporting the OUYA so it would not surprise me to see this game on the OUYA at some point this year, would be silly not too.

Pachimari

Of course it'll turn up on Ouya eventually, as it were seen featured on the consoles main menu.

I really need to try out this new update.

Top Bottom