• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please console me, someone stole my Vita.

Coins

Banned
Update: Yay

I purchased another Vita Friday night. That day I had a conversation with "the mouth" at work. She's a blabber mouth who talks to everyone about everything. I told her that Sony had contacted the police and was able to track the Vita down to a town and they required a subpoena to disclose the town to anyone. I told her the cops were working on that and id know where it was soon. This was all a lie of course. Today my Vita was found sitting on some office supplies. Being as a buddy of mine and myself went through everything in the office several times, it had not been there the whole time. Someone got spooked I guess. Luckily, I bought the second Vita used and was able to return it today.

Yay for lying. Boo for having an unknown scumbag in my office.

So missing from my workplace where I'm employed is my 3G Vita, the large memory card, and 4 games.

I'm heartbroken. :(

I called Sony and had them change my password but I don't really know what else to do.

This royally sucks. I had just bought Persona, too.

Fuck.

I hate thieves almost as much as child molesters.

Surely there's CCTV where you work? Does the public have access to your workplace/where it's stored, or just staff? That could narrow it down considerably.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
On the plus side, someone will be earning trophies for you and you don't even have to play them

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
That's heartbreaking man, good chunk of change out the window like that. I take it you've asked around to see if anyone has seen someone near your workplace that shouldn't have, or otherwise suddenly has "bought" a Vita?

Berordn

There, there. Someone stole my PSP about a year ago, when I left my bedroom door in my dorm unlocked. Why they just stole the PSP I'll never know.

It didn't really bother me until I got the itch to play Half-Minute Hero again.

That sucks. Hope you find it, or get a deal on another one on cheap.

It's not a pleasant feeling. I still remember when my CFW PSP 2000, DS Lite, and GBA were stolen on the same day.

bill0527

They need a 'find my Vita' app like on iPhone.

This should come standard with any expensive electronic device that has GPS.

You should be able to disassociate your account from the hardware and not take any further monetary hits if the thief decides to start buying from PSN on your dime, right? And then reassociate it with new hardware and still keep all your titles.

Sushigod7

Anything getting stolen sucks you feel so violated after something like this happens. I'm sorry that sucks. Was it in the car at work? Do you have homeowners or renters insurance? You can always try to file a claim especially if you have the receipt for it showing it was recently purchased.

zroid

Banned
Console you? Well, okay, here's a console:

PS3-008.jpg

(I'm
doubly
sorry)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Sucks to hear. The worst part is, you'll feel violated by your coworkers and not be able to trust your workplace any more.

I really hope it pops up some time soon.

Coins

Banned
I work in a small office. Government job so no customers. The only thing I can think is that it was someone contracted out that does maintenance or cleaning. My coworkers have been my coworkers for years. No cameras either.

:(.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I work in a small office. Government job so no customers. The only thing I can think is that it was someone contracted out that does maintenance or cleaning. My coworkers have been my coworkers for years. No cameras either.

Wait.... no cameras in a government office?

LiK

always lock your expensive shit up when you're not there.

Top Bottom