• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please console me, someone stole my Vita.

I work in a small office. Government job so no customers. The only thing I can think is that it was someone contracted out that does maintenance or cleaning. My coworkers have been my coworkers for years. No cameras either.

:(.

They'll have record of anybody who came in to do that. Honestly, tell your Boss.

Probably a bad idea to change the password.

Didn't Sony help the police once by giving out the IPs of who used the account on a stolen PS3?

Ecto311

Yeah I know that feeling. Last December my daughter (2yr old) was in the ER with a fever over 102 and needed an iv. 7 hours later at midnight we get to leave. Go outside in the cold weather rushing to get home for work in the morning and our car was stolen.

We live an hour from the er too so we got to sit there and talk to other sick people while my parents came and got my family.

Security cams didn't see shit either. Awesome to have your 1998 Honda with a baby seat taken in December.

Shtof

Someone stole a Vita? Like seriously? I'm pretty sure I could have left mine in the middle of the street/mall and people would just walk right past it, not even noticing it.

solution maybe?
Since his password has been changed that probably won't work. Hopefully Sony can find it somehow using the GPS.

I'd be nice if the OP somehow gets it back, I still love that story where the one guy tracked down his 360 stolen from his dorm room using the controller that they left behind.

jackal27

Banned
That's really awful dude... I'm super sorry. It's stuff that can be replaced though! At least you hadn't spent hundreds of ours on Persona yet!

People are assholes. Sorry op. I don't think I've had something big stolen. Someone stole a pencil from my desk in grade 7 I was fucking pissed.

entremet

Wow. That sucks. I've been burglarized. Thieves are scum. Where do you work? That sounds really bad if you can't trust coworkers like that. I've left laptops at my office.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I work in a small office. Government job so no customers. The only thing I can think is that it was someone contracted out that does maintenance or cleaning. My coworkers have been my coworkers for years. No cameras either.

Well, I'd still talk to them if I were you. If it was a coworker, they probably know you won't suspect them, so it's the perfect crime. Don't know what you could win by asking them, but there's certainly nothing to lose now.

And the Vita jokes got old 50 posts ago, guys!

They always tell you to lock your stuff when you walk away from your desk for a reason....

I'd be greatful if someone stole my Vita. Actually, I don't even know where it's at.

Bullshit. Otherwise put your money where your mouth is, find the machine, which is probably in your drawer somewhere, and send it to the OP. I'm sure the OP won't mind paying the shipping fees.

My wife had her nook stolen in the hospital, the day she gave birth, which happened to be Mother's Day.

I read that as neck and thought it was weird lol

Haunted

Vita means life. A life was stolen. Whoever did this is basically a murderer.

lol dont worry, they'll bring it back tomorrow.
A Vita? Someone needs to console the thief.
dmtkI.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That totally sucks OP but when you buy another Vita and use Near to see if it was indeed somebody who works with you that stole your Vita :(

megalowho

I had mine stolen over the summer as well, on a business trip in Europe. I feel you, it really sucks. Hope they return it, can't hurt sending out an email to management and building maintenance to let them know. Who knows, maybe it'll be anonymously returned if word gets back to the thief.

At least if you end up getting another one in the future, your digital stuff will be there waiting. Small consolation, but could be worse.

If you're not joking, let your superiors or management know an expensive item was stolen from your desk.

I doubt there aren't any logs or information on who entered the premises during the weekend, if you left it there on Friday.

faridmon

Child molester are worse OP, but I feel for you. I lost a lot of my games colletion because of that. A lot of PSP Special edition was included :(

MajorPain

Damn that sucks...Why don't you just use that find my Vita app?

just kidding that really does suck I can't stand thieves.

I *ahem* I know that feel, bro.

My house was burglarized three time in the last eight months. The first time they pushed out window air conditioning unit and climbed through the window. The cops told us to leave it in because if we took it out the next time they'd just break the window. We took it out anyway; eight days later they just broke out the window. The last time was about six months later, they came in through the same fucking window.

All told they made off with:

42" Magnavox
32" Vizio
PS3 + two Dualshocks + Final Fantasy XIII
Kindle Fire
iPad 2
Toshiba Qosmio laptop ($1600 media/gaming laptop my dad got me for college graduation)
HP netbook
Wii + Xenoblade Chronicles (NOOOO)
DSi
3DS + Mario Kart 7
PSP + Kingdom Hearts BBS
50" Samsung
Dell laptop (this was less than 4 weeks old)
My fiance's work laptop (they are deducting a total of $1200 from her checks in reimbursements)

Each time they left the 360.

Sorry to hear that OP.

If you were Dwight from The Office I would say now would be the time to launch an ill-conceived but hilarious sting operation to try to catch the thief.

Check on craigslist maybe yours will show up and you can bust the thief.
Good idea, maybe if they're really dumb they'll put it up with the memory card and the games and it will be real obvious.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Sucks OP, I've been robbed not to long ago too. Hopefully your local police are good and can help you talk it down. All you guys making jokes are assholes. /:

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Sorry to hear about it OP.

My car was broken into years ago, and things that were only valuable to me were taken (years worth of artwork and concepts/scripts I had been working on).

It's a terrible violation. But if the Vita can indeed be tracked by Sony, nothing should stop you from at least trying it. I didn't even have that option with my stolen artwork.

Rootbeer

Banned
I *ahem* I know that feel, bro.

My house was burglarized three time in the last eight months. The first time they pushed out window air conditioning unit and climbed through the window. The cops told us to leave it in because if we took it out the next time they'd just break the window. We took it out anyway; eight days later they just broke out the window. The last time was about six months later, they came in through the same fucking window.

All told they made off with:

42" Magnavox
32" Vizio
PS3 + two Dualshocks + Final Fantasy XIII
Kindle Fire
iPad 2
Toshiba Qosmio laptop ($1600 media/gaming laptop my dad got me for college graduation)
HP netbook
Wii + Xenoblade Chronicles (NOOOO)
DSi
3DS + Mario Kart 7
PSP + Kingdom Hearts BBS
50" Samsung
Dell laptop (this was less than 4 weeks old)
My fiance's work laptop (they are deducting a total of $1200 from her checks in reimbursements)

Each time they left the 360.

I don't care what it takes, I'd be moving my ass OUT of that place.
And I would have installed cameras after the second time.
I'm not all about blaming the victim but man, first time sucked, second time was a fucking tragedy, but the third time was all on you.
Are you gonna let there be a fourth time? Hope you are taking precautions.

The cynical responses in this thread are bumming me out.

Sorry OP, having things stolen is more personal and causes more unease than one would assume. Sucks you're going through that. It also doesn't help that the total dollar amount for all of that is pretty substantial :(

Top Bottom